Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:
Is it wrong to wonder if this new environment can lead to malicious and false accusations, and if so...is that person basically screwed? How do we support the actual victims while still protecting against false accusations that will destroy lives and careers? There are plenty of crazies out there, it's bound to happen.

That's something that bothers me. A false accusation can ruin someones life.

Even if it's proven to be false the seed will have been planted. Some may find that difficult to cope with. LINK

I'm not worried about false accusations in general. That just happens, and it isn't limited to sex crimes. I'm worried about the feeding frenzy in the media right now.

That's a valid concern. But it's important to note that there's no media frenzy if the accusations aren't coming forth. There are legal protections in place to handle false accusations when it comes to the accused. Criminally it's not an issue. But civilly, I can see how a media fed campaign could be very problematic for the falsely accused.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:
Is it wrong to wonder if this new environment can lead to malicious and false accusations, and if so...is that person basically screwed? How do we support the actual victims while still protecting against false accusations that will destroy lives and careers? There are plenty of crazies out there, it's bound to happen.

That's something that bothers me. A false accusation can ruin someones life.

Even if it's proven to be false the seed will have been planted. Some may find that difficult to cope with. LINK

I'm not worried about false accusations in general. That just happens, and it isn't limited to sex crimes. I'm worried about the feeding frenzy in the media right now.

That's a valid concern. But it's important to note that there's no media frenzy if the accusations aren't coming forth. There are legal protections in place to handle false accusations when it comes to the accused. Criminally it's not an issue. But civilly, I can see how a media fed campaign could be very problematic for the falsely accused.

That's my concern cases in general. Not all cases, for lack of a better term, are media worthy. Cases not brought to the attention of the public may yield dire consequences for the average Joe. PO can be harmful for the falsely accused.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

The important distinction is whether the media is reacting to accusations or feeding them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The important distinction is whether the media is reacting to accusations or feeding them.

They do both as they please.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

They do both as they please.

I agree completely. At this point, it appears coverage seems to be driven by the sheer numbers of accusers feeling empowered to come out by other victims who did so before them as opposed to those encouraged to make capricious allegations based on media frenzy - though at times it appears as if that is becoming an element to consider.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Saaad Panda
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Terry Crews names alleged sexual assaulter: 'I will not be shamed'

Quote:
Terry Crews publicly named for the first time the high-powered talent agent he claims groped him at an industry party and said he would "not be shamed" about the alleged assault.

"Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the Motion Picture Department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period," Crews, 49, said today on "Good Morning America." "He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business ... I did not know this man. I have never had a conversation with him, ever."

Venit has represented stars including Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Diane Keaton, Liam Hemsworth and Steve Martin.

Quote:
Venit did not respond to requests for comment from ABC News.

William Morris Endeavor confirmed to ABC News that "Adam Venit was suspended following the internal investigation into the matter."
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Terry Crews publicly named for the first time the high-powered talent agent he claims groped him at an industry party and said he would "not be shamed" about the alleged assault.

"Back in February 2016, I was assaulted by Adam Venit, who is head of the Motion Picture Department at William Morris Endeavor, one of the biggest agencies in the world, period," Crews, 49, said today on "Good Morning America." "He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business ... I did not know this man. I have never had a conversation with him, ever."

Venit has represented stars including Adam Sandler, Eddie Murphy, Sylvester Stallone, Diane Keaton, Liam Hemsworth and Steve Martin.

Quote:

William Morris Endeavor confirmed to ABC News that "Adam Venit was suspended following the internal investigation into the matter."
good. gotta name those names. so others wont be afraid to do so in the future and hopefully thats once less sexual assaulter you have to deal with.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Bill Clinton must be glad he never did any movies!

If I am his PR Flack, I am getting ready for the Tsunami....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Bill Clinton must be glad he never did any movies!

If I am his PR Flack, I am getting ready for the Tsunami....

Been a long time coming.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

good. gotta name those names. so others wont be afraid to do so in the future and hopefully thats once less sexual assaulter you have to deal with.

How powerful must you actually be that you can just walk up to a GROWN ASS MAN (not a little lady you can overpower) and grab his junk because you like what you see?? That is someone with no fear. That is someone who is thoroughly and completely comfortable in his ability to be a wolf unchecked. It's just mindblowing to me.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

How powerful must you actually be that you can just walk up to a GROWN ASS MAN (not a little lady you can overpower) and grab his junk because you like what you see?? That is someone with no fear. That is someone who is thoroughly and completely comfortable in his ability to be a wolf unchecked. It's just mindblowing to me.

Not just any grown ass man either. A man so big that nobody ever F's with him for fear they'd be pummeled.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or someone with a little bit of power coked out of his mind.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's not coke. That's someone with YEARS of being able to do what he wants to whomever he wants. Makes me wonder about all the men he represents. I have questions.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

It about more than power. There's a serious mental disconnect involved when someone feels that such behavior is acceptable. There are plenty of very powerful people who don't engage in such behavior because they know it to be inherently inappropriate. And there are people of no power whatsoever who attempt to get away with it and think it is acceptable.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's not coke. That's someone with YEARS of being able to do what he wants to whomever he wants. Makes me wonder about all the men he represents. I have questions.

Sylvester Stallone was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old fan girl while he was filming Over the Top in Las Vegas in 1986
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sylvester Stallone was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old fan girl while he was filming Over the Top in Las Vegas in 1986
say it aint so Rocko. everyday. another one goes on the list. and whats with these grown a... dudes messing around with teens. you have a plethora of beautiful fully grown women that would jump at a chance to be with you and you say to your body guard...naww. tonight lets bring a little kid into the mix?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Al Franken, come on down!

I almost can't blame him with Leanne Tweeden, she is hot....sorry, just kidding don't come after me!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Al Franken, come on down!

I almost can't blame him with Leanne Tweeden, she is hot....sorry, just kidding don't come after me!

We're talking about the Franken case in the Politics thread.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Charlies Rose. Accused by multiple women of sexual harassment and groping.

Quote:
Rose, who has long hosted an interview show on PBS and also co-anchors “CBS This Morning,” is accused of making sexual advances toward multiple women — some of whom worked on his show. He is also accused of groping women and walking in front of them while naked.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlie-rose-women_us_5a134e10e4b0aa32975d342a?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

^^^^ Another man in a power slot abusing his position. Damn, Weinstein opened Pandora's Box. Who's next?

Quote:
The incidents date from the late 1990s to 2011, and the women ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the incidents they describe.

Venit had to be on something to grope Terry Crews.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^ Another man in a power slot abusing his position. Damn, Weinstein opened Pandora's Box. Who's next?

Quote:
The incidents date from the late 1990s to 2011, and the women ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the incidents they describe.

he was. its called Extreme Power. What is more powerful than a well off, well connected, man carrying around all that power + white privilege. Name someone more powerful than that in America. I know I can't.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

he was. its called Extreme Power. What is more powerful than a well off, well connected, man carrying around all that power + white privilege. Name someone more powerful than that in America. I know I can't.

All the well off, well connected, man carrying around all that power + white privilege in the world don't mean dookey. If he groped this dude I think he was on someething.

ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Add Disney/Pixar's John Lasseter to the list.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/pixar-apos-john-lasseter-taking-214144900.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

All the well off, well connected, man carrying around all that power + white privilege in the world don't mean dookey. If he groped this dude I think he was on someething.

It's gettn kinda hectic -
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 21 of 44
Jump to: