OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm no X's & O's expert by any means but two summers ago GT posted a video on what to expect from our offense once Luke was in charged. We were all excited, except for whatever reason (whether personnel or coaching) a lot of those plays didn't seem to translate. Especially deception plays and cutting.

I finally saw the one last night. Julius tells Kuzma to cut, and it seems like Kuzma waved him off, so Randle just passes the ball to Zo who's on the sideline area. The defense was so focused on Randle and Ball missed Kuz running around Randle and cutting hard to the basket for two points. Whether by design or smart players doing smart things, I'd like to see more of that. Win or Lose plays like that make my night.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Day wrote:
^ I've never seen him get the ball early in the shotclock, hold on to the ball for 10+ seconds, and then force it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Kuzma is 4th on the team in mpg behind Zo, KCP, and BI yet he is 6th in usage rate and two players ahead of him... Clarkson and Randle. Doesn't make sense...especially when both are hovering around 20 mpg.

kuzma is 3rd or 4th offensive option in the 1st unit
JC/Randle is 1st/2nd option in 2nd unit

this is coaching designed

Yes, one has to understand the stat they are using.

I thought our offense was predicated on ball movement so it's not about or neither do we have 1st or 2nd option... it's about making the right basketball play like the Warriors do. Maybe I'm wrong.

A high usage rate isn’t a bad thing. Players who can create for others often have high usage rates. Part of the reason that Kuz doesn’t is because he seldom creates for others.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is a good passer and rebounder. But I like the fact that he is decisive and for a rookie he usually makes good choices on both ends of the floor.
He has a bright future in the P&G.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
Kuzma is 4th on the team in mpg behind Zo, KCP, and BI yet he is 6th in usage rate and two players ahead of him... Clarkson and Randle. Doesn't make sense...especially when both are hovering around 20 mpg.

I thought our offense was predicated on ball movement so it's not about or neither do we have 1st or 2nd option... it's about making the right basketball play like the Warriors do. Maybe I'm wrong.

A high usage rate isn’t a bad thing. Players who can create for others often have high usage rates. Part of the reason that Kuz doesn’t is because he seldom creates for others.

And you claim he doesn't understand the stat.

There's a .6 difference in usage between Kuzma and Lonzo. It has no bearing on passing or playmaking.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

There's a .6 difference in usage between Kuzma and Lonzo. It has no bearing on passing or playmaking.

It kinda does, but only in the sense that passing/playmaking leads to more turnovers, generally speaking. Obviously with a guy like Lonzo it's not as true since he does a good job protecting the ball.

I think usage rate is really one of the worst stats out there. It's way too easy to misinterpret.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

It kinda does, but only in the sense that passing/playmaking leads to more turnovers, generally speaking. Obviously with a guy like Lonzo it's not as true since he does a good job protecting the ball.

I think usage rate is really one of the worst stats out there. It's way too easy to misinterpret.

Looking at the TO leaders, I would say, for the exception of Rubio, it's probably 50/50 (individual scoring versus passing) on how the perimeter guys are getting them. Then you have the high turnover centers who aren't doing any playmaking. I agree that it's a very misleading stat.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

I agree, it has little value. Many people see high and think it is bad and see low and think it is good. Either can be good or bad.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Kuz hasn't taken any ill-advised 3s this regular season, maybe just a couple like every player has. He's actually passed up way too many 3s.....

Early on he had been taking a bunch of contested 3s which he misses almost every time. He's since been more conscious of attacking closeouts or swinging it, it seems.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Kuz made it rain in the desert!

Kuz control Baby, Let's GO!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Those late game threes were huge tonight.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Got some 3’s to drop but missed almost everything else. I think he and Lonzo are ready for some home cooking. Tough road trip for rookies.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

Kyle Kuzma is becoming everyone’s new favorite player by proving himself

The Lakers have a rising star on their hands that is making fans all over the country.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/11/11/16638122/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-rookie-season-fan-favorite
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Kyle Kuzma is becoming everyone’s new favorite player by proving himself

The Lakers have a rising star on their hands that is making fans all over the country.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/11/11/16638122/la-lakers-kyle-kuzma-rookie-season-fan-favorite

his name is Swag Kuzma
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

https://theundefeated.com/features/nba-kyle-kuzma-lakers-rookie-lonzo-ball-hes-got-game/

Not sure if anyone's posted that article yet. It's good read. Kuzma is by far my favorite player on the team...just came out of nowhere and stole my heart from Lonzo
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Great interview with Kuz on Mason & Ireland today. I'm glad we got this guy on our team. He said that three teams were interested in him. The Lakers, The Nets, and the Spurs. The Lakers were on the top of his list though.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I posted this on the DLO thread, but I feel like it belongs in the Kuzma thread too. I'm sorry. I'm not trying to make people made or feel a certain way, but here goes...

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but Kuzma was on the Mason & Ireland show today and he said there were 3 teams interested in him. I was curious which ones and thankfully Mason jumped in and asked that question. He replied, the Lakers, the Nets, & San Antonio. I know there was a theory that we could have gotten Kuz and kept DLO, but The Kuzma interview changes everything. If we never received that the 27th pick from the Nets, Kuz could very well be in Brooklyn right now.

He did mention that the Lakers were his first choice though. If you guys don't believe me then go download the Kuzma interview. Can't say it's fake news made up by the media if Kuzma himself is the one actually saying it.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma and Ball have a high ceiling but Kuzma seems like he has a shorter learning curve.

he's going to show more and more consistency as the season goes on
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject:

Apparently Kuzma had a personal dinner with Kobe. D:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/7d24ik/kyle_kuzma_is_currently_having_a_personal_dinner/

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/LeftDishonestJabiru
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/7d24ik/kyle_kuzma_is_currently_having_a_personal_dinner/

That's awesome. Kobe doesn't wastes his time with just anyone. Maybe Kuz is serious about being great like he said on Mason & Ireland. Either that or they are just out having steak and nothing else lol.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:

That's NOICE.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Kuzma and Ball have a high ceiling but Kuzma seems like he has a shorter learning curve.

he's going to show more and more consistency as the season goes on

That's what a few years age difference makes.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

Kuz is simply the guy right now. One of my coworkers is from NJ and a huge Nets fan and while he likes DLo, he thinks Kuz was the best player of the trade and an absolute stud.

Really pleased with him thus far.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

I love it that we have not been wasting our late first rounders like we used to during the P-Jax 3 peat era. Remember when we would draft those damn un-athletic , low ceiling triangle fit players like Brian Cook, Luke Walton and Mark Madsen.

It was so frustrating because we were essentially throwing away our picks while the Spurs were making great use of theirs. We kept trying to reload with broken down free agents while they had Parker and Ginoblli in their primes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 153, 154, 155 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 154 of 880
Jump to: