The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
There has to be concern within the Cavs organization that LeBron leaving is a real possibility

If I played for the Cleveland Senior Citizens (by nba standards), I would be looking at my exit plans too. That team just can’t sustain.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Wade / Rose look bad and it puts a smile on my face that we did not have to endorse there negative presence.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wade / Rose look bad and it puts a smile on my face that we did not have to endorse there negative presence.

Rose always injured.
Kcp is a better option, imo
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Lebron. The grass is greener. Literally & Figuratively. We can run & we can defend. Maybe someday we'll be able to shoot too. We have a 28 minute/game 4 spot with your name on it. Come here and become the first active billionaire athlete. Plus the playoffs need to be top 16 in the league, no conferences. If you came here the league would do that for you! 😜
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's top choice will probably be Philly. Simmons/Embiid/Fultz is hard to pass up.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:
LeBron's top choice will probably be Philly. Simmons/Embiid/Fultz is hard to pass up.

We don't know how long it will take for Fultz to make a mark in the NBA. Most young guards take their time.

I don't see Bron going to Philly to play with kids. If he can get another all star or two along with him, then yea.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Ball
CP3
Bron
Ingram
Cousins

Kuzma and couple of vet ring chasers on the bench.

Deng traded attaching 2019 1st.
JC traded with no salary coming back.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I'd rather have George/Cousins than George/Lebron at this point, not only because of age, but because of fit, both roster wise and in regards to salary cap space. Because both George and Cousins are under 10 year players, while Lebron is not, it means we can fit both into what cap space we may have without asking them to take pay cuts, while also keeping Clarkson. With Lebron, we likely will have to lose both Clarkson and Randle for a declining player who will only be around 2 or so years (whereas Cousins would be here for the next 5-7).

Agree x1000. I think there's a greater chance we keep the young core together and they're both young enough to make the most of a max contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I don’t mind pg/boogie but you know there is a 0% chance magic turns downs LBJ if he wants to join the Lakers.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don’t mind pg/boogie but you know there is a 0% chance magic turns downs LBJ if he wants to join the Lakers.

And he shouldn't turn him down either, that would be lunacy.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Lebron or George and Cousins. Whether we get Lebron or George, we must go after Cousins. That's probably the most important player to go after regardless of getting either Lebron or George.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sorry. Anyone who turns down Lebron at this point in time shouldn't make decisions for a front office.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sorry. Anyone who turns down Lebron at this point in time shouldn't make decisions for a front office.

I've heard some here that don't want LBJ
You know what crazy? When I was young I didn't want Shaq because I didn't like him when he was in Orlando. Boy was I glad to be wrong.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Ball
CP3
Bron
Ingram
Cousins

Kuzma and couple of vet ring chasers on the bench.

Deng traded attaching 2019 1st.
JC traded with no salary coming back.

Yeah like that's going to happen.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've heard some here that don't want LBJ
You know what crazy? When I was young I didn't want Shaq because I didn't like him when he was in Orlando. Boy was I glad to be wrong.

Well yeah because I heard he is kind of a dick.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron after shootaround: "It’s great when the Knicks, the Celtics and the Lakers are great in our league all at the same time."

"I think [Lonzo's] going to be a really, really good point guard in our league, probably a great point guard ... they got a good one."

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/930116147109945344
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

He’s coming
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron after shootaround: "It’s great when the Knicks, the Celtics and the Lakers are great in our league all at the same time."

"I think [Lonzo's] going to be a really, really good point guard in our league, probably a great point guard ... they got a good one."

isn't that the exact comment he made about DSJ last week?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

PG next year, Klay the year after. I think Klay would be an MVP candidate playing with Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

I'm listening to the presser here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=iIxy3JN3-jc

I hear when he makes the comment that the leagues is better when the Knicks, Celts and Lakers are good. Where does he say the Lonzo comment?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James: NBA is best when Lakers, Knicks, Celtics are great at same time

NEW YORK -- LeBron James congratulated Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball for surpassing LeBron James him as the youngest player to record an NBA triple double.

That wasn't surprising.

In wide-ranging comments Monday at Cavaliers' shootaround in New York, James also mentioned "it's great when the Knicks, the Celtics and the Lakers are great in our league all at the same time. It's best for our league."

Now, that one could raise a few eyebrows because, well, the speculation is out there that James could leave the Cavs as a free agent this summer and join with Ball and the Lakers.

As for Ball, he posted 19 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds Saturday in the Lakers' loss to Milwaukee. He was five days younger than James (20 years, 20 days) when James record his first triple double on Jan. 19, 2005.

"I definitely think back to when I was that young," James said. "There's not many games that I can remember when I was 20 years old or 19 or even 18. So first of all, congratulations to him. I think he's going to be a really, really good point guard in our league, probably a great point guard if he continues to work on his craft, which it seems like he does. They got a good one."

LINK
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
PG next year, Klay the year after. I think Klay would be an MVP candidate playing with Lonzo.

Don't you think it's easier to poach a player via FA who is on a deteriorating/dysfunctional team as opposed to one who may be coming off a 3rd consecutive championship?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James: NBA is best when Lakers, Knicks, Celtics are great at same time

NEW YORK -- LeBron James congratulated Lakers point guard Lonzo Ball for surpassing LeBron James him as the youngest player to record an NBA triple double.

That wasn't surprising.

In wide-ranging comments Monday at Cavaliers' shootaround in New York, James also mentioned "it's great when the Knicks, the Celtics and the Lakers are great in our league all at the same time. It's best for our league."

Now, that one could raise a few eyebrows because, well, the speculation is out there that James could leave the Cavs as a free agent this summer and join with Ball and the Lakers.

As for Ball, he posted 19 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds Saturday in the Lakers' loss to Milwaukee. He was five days younger than James (20 years, 20 days) when James record his first triple double on Jan. 19, 2005.

"I definitely think back to when I was that young," James said. "There's not many games that I can remember when I was 20 years old or 19 or even 18. So first of all, congratulations to him. I think he's going to be a really, really good point guard in our league, probably a great point guard if he continues to work on his craft, which it seems like he does. They got a good one."

LINK

Thanks.
So Tania's tweet is a bit out of context, cuz she merged 2 comments that werent really spoken back to back into 1 thought.

Lebron wasn't even saying the Lakers were great, he was saying that comment with the context of talking about the Knicks and saying it's good for the league when those 3 teams are good.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Don't you think it's easier to poach a player via FA who is on a deteriorating/dysfunctional team as opposed to one who may be coming off a 3rd consecutive championship?

that is the.....uh, "most interesting" part of that post that caused you to respond?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

that is the.....uh, "most interesting" part of that post that caused you to respond?

Klay would be the best backcourt partner next to Zo. You can say he's the best 3&D wing ever. But an MVP candidate for someone who can't create for himself or others? Yeah, I'm not so sure about that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 144 of 2079
Jump to: