Useless or annoying stuff that Stu Lantz says
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

I will say it was a little weird to have Stu repeatedly refer to Giannis as "the freak" instead of the "the Greek freak"
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

Lopez misses a layup "you really have to try and dunk everything around Thon Maker" following play Thon Maker blocks a dunk "you really have to be aggressive with your dunks around Thon Maker"
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

"it really wasn't"
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject:

Billy Mac is the absolute worst to me. The way he emotes sounds so forced
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

he's thinking about how it will sound on the highlight reel
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Easy to be off your game when you have to put up with grumpy Stu on a daily basis.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

.4 wrote:
Stu is a legend. It's sad that this thread even exists.

No, he's just old.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Stu has a career because of Chick.
Without Chick, no one in LA would give a rats ass about him.
I feel like LA puts up with his nonsense because of the soft spot that fans had for Ol' Golden Throat.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

OMG, THANK YOU!!

That gruff "satchmo" thing he does is sooooo forced and soooo not natural.

Then, on top of that, he does that annoying "sing/talk" thing. "Here comes LonZooOOooOO!"

Both are completely cringe-worthy.

He used to never do that stuff before. I don't know if it was last season, but one day, he just started doing it. Is that something him and his manager sat down and talked about?? Like, he's trying to manufacture his "signature sound" or his "brand" or something?? Whatever it is, he should stop, because, IMO, it's awful.

But, that's why I now turn down the sound and just listen to dope music while I watch the games! It's waaay better.

But, really, I'm just waiting until LFR does another livestream of a game!
LongtimeLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

I didn't really think Stu could get much more annoying, but then I moved out of state for a year and had to get NBA League Pass. With NBALP you have to listen to the announcer of whomever is the home team, so you get to eventually hear them all. Stu and Billy Mac are BY FAR the best out there. Believe me, if you had listened to them all, you might just agree. He gets on our nerves because we hear him all the time and it's never anything different, but truly, he's a class act comparatively speaking.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

wasn't billy mac always a bit hammy? always entertaining too. the very young looking girlfriend, that haircut, constantly getting dumped on by stu, etc.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Man, it'd be amazing to get Ireland and Thompson on TV instead of the radio. Spero was incredible too. They should have offered him the TV job. Although, I doubt Spero would put up with Stu's bs.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Man, it'd be amazing to get Ireland and Thompson on TV instead of the radio. Spero was incredible too. They should have offered him the TV job. Although, I doubt Spero would put up with Stu's bs.

Pretty sure they did offer him the job. The problem is that Spero has other gigs (NCAA, NFL) that he was not willing to give up because the Lakers organization wanted him to be exclusive as their TV announcer.

I would have loved to have Spero as the TV PBP announcer, and I can also understand the Lakers wanting him to be there for every game, but it's near impossible to do if he's doing any NCAA or NFL games. So with that impasse, it just wasn't in the cards.

Think back to when Joel was our TV guy, and he missed Kobe's 81 because he had been out calling an NCAA Football game. That's the kind of stuff I think the Lakers organization wants to avoid.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
12 wrote:

Pretty sure they did offer him the job. The problem is that Spero has other gigs (NCAA, NFL) that he was not willing to give up because the Lakers organization wanted him to be exclusive as their TV announcer.

I would have loved to have Spero as the TV PBP announcer, and I can also understand the Lakers wanting him to be there for every game, but it's near impossible to do if he's doing any NCAA or NFL games. So with that impasse, it just wasn't in the cards.

Think back to when Joel was our TV guy, and he missed Kobe's 81 because he had been out calling an NCAA Football game. That's the kind of stuff I think the Lakers organization wants to avoid.

I see. Didnt know that information.
Thanks!
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

I like Stu,. He's is a smart guy and the last connection to Chick. That works for me.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:

Never understood all the love for Spero, he was good, had a nice voice, but his overall demeanor always struck me as a bit depressed. Billy Mac is a barely competent play by play guy, but his enthusiasm is undeniable. He and Stu have a chemistry that Joel and Stu didn't. Joel was a great voice with an empty head and Stu didn't care for him at all.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

"Contrarian" Stu pisses me off the most and it's no wonder Joel Myers hated him. My brother does this all the time whenever I make a point about something in a family conversation and it makes me want to punch him in the face.

(On a side note, I liked Joel Myers and never quite understood all the hate he got from LG.)

Another thing that drives me crazy is when Stu says (bleep) like "The Lakers are shooting 100% from the field and *insert opponent* is shooting 0% from the field and the Lakers are only up by 2! You can't let teams hang around like that" when it's 2-0 Lakers and the Lakers are 1-1 from the field and the opponent is 0-1.

(The above point is an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I just can’t stand John Ireland’s voice, and it does not help he never brings anything new to any discussion, it’s either company lines or stuff we talked about 3 days ago on LG.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

12 wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
12 wrote:

I see. Didnt know that information.
Thanks!

Yep, that's how it went down. Unfortunately, now we're stuck with 82 games of mediocre PBP as opposed to 70+ games of good. I don't blame the Lakers for wanting exclusivity, but I do think they panicked when they promoted Billy Mac AND Ireland almost immediately afterward. That Plan B is the announcing equivalent of signing Mozgov and Deng to my ears.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

If Stu says IT'S ALOOIVE one more time I'm driving straight down Interstate 5 from NorCal where I live to Staples Center to smack him upside his bald ass head.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
"Contrarian" Stu pisses me off the most and it's no wonder Joel Myers hated him. My brother does this all the time whenever I make a point about something in a family conversation and it makes me want to punch him in the face.

Haha. I advise you to do it. I got your back.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject:

Stu really overdoes it with the bold, extra-deep voiced declarations of “K...C...P!” We get it, his nickname is three initials and he made a basket. Calm down.

He’s also really been selling “The Slasher!” every time Corey Brewer cuts to the basket. That’s not as egregious as the K..C...P!, but still, Stu gets borderline WWE.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

stu is awful. like someone said, people think he's good because he used to be with chick. they won't admit that though and pretend he's a good analyst on his own.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I have to add "the phonebooth" to the list now that he's saying it upwards of 10 times a game. Please retire
tofulakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

I know it's blasphemous, but Stu has lost it. It irks me when he goes on and on about a minor point and two possessions have passed already. Just let it go Stu!

Billy Mac isn't that great either. Can Jeanie just give more money to Kevin Harlan than what TNT is paying him?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17
Jump to: