THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout has key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance.

Moore went from a 10 point lead to a dead heat. I guess some folks actually do frown upon pedos even if they're Republican pedos.

10 points, deadheat? we talking pedophile... I was expecting a landslide against Moore

It's in the south, and that's what christians do. It's not unusual for them what Moore did. O course they won't accept it in public, and they will say the right thing in the presence of outsiders. But deep down it is as normal for them as milk and cookies.
Like Bill Maher said, liberals arrest the despise pedos among them, conservatives elect them.
I still expect him to win.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout has key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance.

Moore went from a 10 point lead to a dead heat. I guess some folks actually do frown upon pedos even if they're Republican pedos.

10 points, deadheat? we talking pedophile... I was expecting a landslide against Moore

It's in the south, and that's what christians do. It's not unusual for them what Moore did. O course they won't accept it in public, and they will say the right thing in the presence of outsiders. But deep down it is as normal for them as milk and cookies.
Like Bill Maher said, liberals arrest the despise pedos among them, conservatives elect them.

Not christian but partisan south maybe
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

phayze one wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Someone wrote on facebook:

"Trump is kissing up to a former KGB agent, in Hanoi, on Veterans' Day."

I guess the best you could say is that he snowballed Putin with some xi juice.

Sorry. That was graphic but accurate.

What's xi juice?

Make xi a possessive and there ya go.

I thought maybe a typo because i is next to o on the keyboard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:

it was all tribalism cultural junk like the Cajuns and British Royalty etc

The domestication of humans ....
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
phayze one wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

What's xi juice?

Is the XI juice face or the pptapes face?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
phayze one wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

What's xi juice?

Xi is the president of China
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
jodeke wrote:
phayze one wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Wilt wrote:

What's xi juice?

Xi is the president of China

Party pooper.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

Spent some time with a bunch of Irish folks last night. They feel sorry for us.

Americans are being pitied by the freaking Irish! This used to be the most powerful nation on earth. Disclaimer. I love Ireland. It's just when you get a pat on the leg and sympathy for being an American it flat out sucks.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They are one and the same in states like Alabama.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

We spend a lot of time on policy reasons, but at the end of the day, people do much if what they do from deep seated emotional reasons, and one of the most important of those is tribe. Most people are a religion for the same reason they are many other things, because it is part of the tribe they belong to.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Yep, outrage is at it's peak in the days following this type of development. If that doesn't engulf him, the outrage dies down and it gets pushed aside. See Trump, Donald. Add pedophilia to the insane list of issues that are now partisan in the Trump era.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Republicans are willing to let the house burn to save the couch. Party allegiance seems to take precedence over everything else. At what point do you finally win only to realize that all that's left to win is a big pile of steaming crap?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Republicans are willing to let the house burn to save the couch. Party allegiance seems to take precedence over everything else. At what point do you finally win only to realize that all that's left to win is a big pile of steaming crap?

They want power. And they have power. So never?

Also, for a party that likes to talk about "gangs", they sure operate a lot like a...gang.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

They want power. And they have power. So never?

Also, for a party that likes to talk about "gangs", they sure operate a lot like a...gang.

It's more of a mob than a gang. And I mean "mob" in the sense of a mass of people feeding off of each other as a opposed to an organized entity like a gang. The GOP whips up its minions into a frenzy and who just salivate and follow along like starving rats given access to the pantry.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

This was 2 months ago. I believe it's worse now than then.

Trump's Shrinking, Energized Base

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Is the Trump affect spreading? Is his philosophy being adopted by other countries? What the hell's going on?

‘White Europe’: 60,000 nationalists march on Poland’s independence day

LINK

Quote:
Xenophobic phrases and far-right symbols mark event described by anti-fascists as a magnet for worldwide far-right groups

Tens of thousands of nationalist demonstrators marched through Warsaw at the weekend to mark Poland’s independence day, throwing red-smoke bombs and carrying banners with slogans such as “white Europe of brotherly nations”.

Police estimated 60,000 people took part in Saturday’s event, in what experts say was one of the biggest gathering of far-right activists in Europe in recent years.

Demonstrators with faces covered chanted “Pure Poland, white Poland!” and “Refugees get out!”. A banner hung over a bridge that read: “Pray for Islamic Holocaust.”

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

Bannon is the real fuel behind this imho
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

and it leads to deeper reasons other than their racist goals

why demonize muslims
where do they live and is there any reason other than terrorism that we choose to bomb certain countries
why do we insist on doing things to other people-countries we wouldn't want done to us-ours
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

It's been going on long before Bannon got going. The Russians and people like Bannon are fueling it though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

It's been going on long before Bannon got going. The Russians and people like Bannon are fueling it though.

The pot was simmering, Bannon and like brought it to a boil. I admit being a bit naive. I knew racism existed, I didn't realize it was to this great a degree.

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Its the oldest tale in the book. When your country struggles in any way, you blame the immigrants because everything would be perfect if only the country could get back to those who were born there, right? Of course, that ignores that everyone is an immigrant depending on how far back you want to go.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

I saw this coming. I wonder what the price will be? Look for "I'm the only one who could get this done!"

DONALD TRUMP ASKS CHINA FOR HELP with UCLA, LiAngelo Ball Situation

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/13/donald-trump-china-ucla-liangelo-ball/

Lonzo Ball's brother and two other UCLA players reportedly released on bail and ordered to stay in China hotel until case is resolved

http://www.businessinsider.com/lonzo-balls-brother-must-stay-in-china-hotel-until-case-resolved-2017-11

hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I saw this coming. I wonder what the price will be? Look for "I'm the only one who could get this done!"

DONALD TRUMP ASKS CHINA FOR HELP with UCLA, LiAngelo Ball Situation

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/13/donald-trump-china-ucla-liangelo-ball/

Lonzo Ball's brother and two other UCLA players reportedly released on bail and ordered to stay in China hotel until case is resolved

http://www.businessinsider.com/lonzo-balls-brother-must-stay-in-china-hotel-until-case-resolved-2017-11

More like, 'Look over here while I do this - '

Trump Nominates Alex Azar as Health and Human Services Secretary

Quote:
WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump named former pharmaceutical executive Alex Azar to be the new Health and Human Services Secretary, replacing Tom Price, a physician and former U.S. House Republican who resigned over his use of private planes.

Mr. Azar, who had worked in the Department of Health and Human Services in the Bush administration, was widely regarded as the front-runner for the job and believed to be one of the only people interviewed for it by Mr. Trump.

There's that pesky revolving door, again.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-nominates-alex-azar-as-health-and-human-services-secretary-1510586442
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The average of five surveys conducted after the allegations became public has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by only 2 percentage points.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/930151014090592258
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The average of five surveys conducted after the allegations became public has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by only 2 percentage points.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/930151014090592258

This is why democracy is doomed -- it can't overcome tribalism. Had it been a democrat accused of sexual assault on a minor in Alabama, the accused would be an instant pariah.

And I'll see their "he's only been accused, it hasn't been proven" and raise with "crooked Hillary" and "emails."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 685, 686, 687 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 686 of 3663
Jump to: