Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 497, 498, 499  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:
Holly/Cyborg cancelled too for now because they couldn't agree on $$$

You know how Canelo waited for GGG to age before signing off on the long overdue superfight? Same with Joshua's against Wilder? I get the feeling the UFC is waiting out Cyborg too.

Yup. Fighters back out for one reason or another every time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

You know how Canelo waited for GGG to age before signing off on the long overdue superfight? Same with Joshua's against Wilder? I get the feeling the UFC is waiting out Cyborg too.

There is no 145 division without her though. She's a bigger draw than the vast majority of their female fighters so I'd doubt they'd cut their nose off to spite their face by waiting her out. That doesn't make sense to me. I think it's in both their interests to make a fight happen. The $ just has to make sense on both sides.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

There is no 145 division without her though. She's a bigger draw than the vast majority of their female fighters so I'd doubt they'd cut their nose off to spite their face by waiting her out. That doesn't make sense to me. I think it's in both their interests to make a fight happen. The $ just has to make sense on both sides.

Do you think the ufc was low balling holly? Probably a pretty safe bet

Rener Gracie campaigning on IG for Brian TCity Ortega to get a title shot against Max Holloway now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
22 wrote:

Do you think the ufc was low balling holly? Probably a pretty safe bet

Rener Gracie campaigning on IG for Brian TCity Ortega to get a title shot against Max Holloway now

They'll low ball everyone man. They're the only "real" game in town. They'll try to pay every fighter as low as they possibly can. It's business. I jsut think trying to make it analagous to boxing is WAY off base. The nature of the income distrubition is wildly different to begin with. Conor is the only fighter to be able to buck this trend but we all know his pied piper abilities is literally generational.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject:

JB, the fact that Cyborg is the 145 division is kind of the issue though, right? And that’s where I’m coming from. Dana doesn’t seem to particularly care for Cyborg. Or maybe it’s her camp. Or maybe it’s both because all he’s done publicly is talk about being iffy on keeping the division alive, at best and shutting it down completely, at worst. And after Cyborg’s last subpar UFC showing, Dana seemed excited in the post press conference mentioning his conversation with Holly about making the fight. It was something that in tone was like “See Holly? She ain’t all that.” And we both know Dana loves him some Holly. So my point is that if it was Holm in the same position as Cyborg, the division would be spoken of and promoted far differently. And I think we’ll see that if Holm pulls off the upset. If the fight ever gets made. So in that sense, I think they’re waiting out the Borg.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
JB, the fact that Cyborg is the 145 division is kind of the issue though, right? And that’s where I’m coming from. Dana doesn’t seem to particularly care for Cyborg. Or maybe it’s her camp. Or maybe it’s both because all he’s done publicly is talk about being iffy on keeping the division alive, at best and shutting it down completely, at worst. And after Cyborg’s last subpar UFC showing, Dana seemed excited in the post press conference mentioning his conversation with Holly about making the fight. It was something that in tone was like “See Holly? She ain’t all that.” And we both know Dana loves him some Holly. So my point is that if it was Holm in the same position as Cyborg, the division would be spoken of and promoted far differently. And I think we’ll see that if Holm pulls off the upset. If the fight ever gets made. So in that sense, I think they’re waiting out the Borg.

They never would have signed her in the first place then, no?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

They never would have signed her in the first place then, no?

Which is what makes me think it may also be issues with her camp. Maybe her numbers haven’t fulfilled what they projected or were hoping for? Perhaps that’s the holdup regarding figures between the organization and Justino’s camp? Because it certainly appears that she doesn’t have the support of other top fighters. Hence, the open discussion by Dana about shutting down the division. If she is the primary reason for the division, that certainly says something. I guess we’ll see in the coming months.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Silva just popped again. Fights with Gastellum cancelled
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

You got to be kidding me??
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

He was great but he's 42 and should of already retired so not that big of a deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Yup true story y’all. Idk what he tested positive for but it could be a career ender if he gets hit with a significant suspension
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

Man, Pettis was a bloody mess, I was really hoping he would win...

Matt Brown had probably the best elbow knockout I can recall...

Oh and that Albino-guy who fought Arvlovski while wearing a diaper, it was horrible and I'm glad he lost (even though he was favored)!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Bisping filling in for Silva and fighting Gastelum on Nov 25!

Wow!! So surprised he took this fight so fast and was cleared!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Tyron hints that he may fight again before the year is over (Dec 30th card). Only way he'd do a fight that fast is for GSP imo, especially with his hurt shoulder. But it doesn't seem like GSP is ready to fight again that quickly so idk hahaha

And Bisping said he wants to fight in London next year and retire there. What sounds like a bigger matchup for that card:

Bisping vs. Romero

or

Bisping vs. Rockhold
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_KxEhQni4

Tyron hints that he may fight again before the year is over (Dec 30th card). Only way he'd do a fight that fast is for GSP imo, especially with his hurt shoulder. But it doesn't seem like GSP is ready to fight again that quickly so idk hahaha

And Bisping said he wants to fight in London next year and retire there. What sounds like a bigger matchup for that card:

Bisping vs. Romero

or

Bisping vs. Rockhold

The latter. Rockhold for sure despises Bisping and Bisping thinks Rockhold makes for ripe cannon fodder for his (bleep) talking. Buildup would be epic.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

The latter. Rockhold for sure despises Bisping and Bisping thinks Rockhold makes for ripe cannon fodder for his (bleep) talking. Buildup would be epic.

I would FOR SURE be watching that! Rockhold definitely wants to send Bisping into retirement with a big fat L haha
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Rumor is they’re working on Woodley vs Nate Diaz for the Dec 30th main event
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject:

I think we're going to see McGregor/Diaz 3 when all's said and done.

Seems to me that the Ferguson/Conor rumors we heard were in direct response to Diaz's coach saying that Nate deserves at least $20 million in the trilogy fight.

And the Woodley/Diaz rumors are now being floated in response to Conor's demands to get his stake in the UFC company and become a co-promoter.

I'm bummed Cub Swanson got passed to fight Holloway. I'd love to see that matchup. I think Max beats Aldo more convincingly this time around.

I wonder if Nick Diaz will ever fight again. That's the Diaz brother I'd like to see fight Woodley tbh. But there's absolutely zero justification to make that fight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

Seems to me that the Ferguson/Conor rumors we heard were in direct response to Diaz's coach saying that Nate deserves at least $20 million in the trilogy fight.

And the Woodley/Diaz rumors are now being floated in response to Conor's demands to get his stake in the UFC company and become a co-promoter.

I'm bummed Cub Swanson got passed to fight Holloway. I'd love to see that matchup. I think Max beats Aldo more convincingly this time around.

I wonder if Nick Diaz will ever fight again. That's the Diaz brother I'd like to see fight Woodley tbh. But there's absolutely zero justification to make that fight.

I think you’re spot on with these takes man.

I wonder what the main event with be for the Dec 30th card?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

nick will never fight again in the UFC. not because of the UFC.. they'd have him.. but nick is just too crazy and won't be able to get over himself and play the game enough to land the fight.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

I wonder what the main event with be for the Dec 30th card?

I think they really try to show out on that card. Well, at least they did last in last year's version.

I have no clue what they have in mind.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

nick will never fight again in the UFC. not because of the UFC.. they'd have him.. but nick is just too crazy and won't be able to get over himself and play the game enough to land the fight.

I think he's looking for too much money. Realizing he's very near the end of the road, I think he just doesn't want to take any more punishment without serious compensation but that ridiculous suspension has put him on the far periphery of public demand. He and Nate innately have huge chips on their respective shoulders so I think the elder is content to just ride it out. You know that Nate is probably taking care of him in some form or fashion. Too bad because I think he and Woodley would be a great fight.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock it looks like Holm Cyborg is back on for Dec 30th.

Till Wonderboy is another fight that intrigues me but it seems wonder boy's dad won't let it happen
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Gimme_the_rock it looks like Holm Cyborg is back on for Dec 30th.

Till Wonderboy is another fight that intrigues me but it seems wonder boy's dad won't let it happen

Wow. Shoots my dumbass down. haha.

Also, Till looks like he could fight at light heavyweight and completely walked through Cowboy. I honestly don't blame the elder Thompson for steering his son clear of him.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Holm/Cyborg is going to be awesome!

I hope it happens.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 415, 416, 417 ... 497, 498, 499  Next
Page 416 of 499
Jump to: