The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
Double & Triple team............ instead of passing out to open man, he just forced the shot. He went back to play his bully ball style again as everyone was praising him how good he was as backup center. He needs to accept the fact that he is an average NBA player at best. He is a role player, not a star.

he did that. that pass to Kuzma get called offensive 3 seconds because he freaking pass the triple team. If he shoots that refs probably won't notice.

why the (bleep) with narative Randle mindset ? Who the hell are you telling something to Randle ? To know him in his mind ? Randle told you he will be the next AD ?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Again he was trapped under the basket and did not pass the (bleep) ball.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

perry731 wrote:
You guys are really funny. Seems you all JR's fans don't watch the same Lakers games as normal people do.

That's what stats are for. The stats back up Randle's impact.

Randle this season: 11.8 points (60.4% fg), 6.7 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.8 blocks, 0.5 steals in 19.8 minutes

Per 36 Minutes: 21.6 points, 12.2 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, 0.8 steals

Then add to that the fact that he has played good defense, and you have to wonder what game you are watching?
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
perry731 wrote:
You guys are really funny. Seems you all JR's fans don't watch the same Lakers games as normal people do.

That's what stats are for. The stats back up Randle's impact.

Randle this season: 11.8 points (60.4% fg), 6.7 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 0.8 blocks, 0.5 steals in 19.8 minutes

Per 36 Minutes: 21.6 points, 12.2 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.5 blocks, 0.8 steals

Then add to that the fact that he has played good defense, and you have to wonder what game you are watching?

We're just fan boys, right?
prefuse1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Again, he got 12 free throw attempts by doing this. Maybe it was his game plan to try and foul them out and to score on the charity line?
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

prefuse1 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Again, he got 12 free throw attempts by doing this. Maybe it was his game plan to try and foul them out and to score on the charity line?

He did great getting free throws but I share the same worry when he gets trapped down there and looks to really struggle getting a shot off.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Aike wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
The very thing I was worried that LaVar would do with Zo, looks like Coach Calapari is doing for Randle: shining a negative spotlight on the Lakers FO thru (social) media.

It’s hard for me to ever be more proud of one player over another, but when adversity hits, a player’s response says a lot about who he is, how he’s trained, his parents, his coaches and us here at UK.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655325741375489

. [ at ] J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655532818423808

Julius is controlling what he can control, which is his play. And you know what, he’s playing as well as he’s played in his life. That’s why I’m proud of him. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds for his family. My guess is better than he even imagined. Proud of you, Julius.
https://twitter.com/UKCoachCalipari/status/928655703513841665

I think this is not good to basically put the Lakers on blast like that. Although Julius deserves more playing time this is the wrong way to go about it IMO.

It may not be good for the Lakers that Cal put them on blast, but every comment Cal makes is super calculated. Comparing Cal to Lavar is like comparing the CEO of Walmart to some guy who sells shirts from a shopping cart on the corner.

The fact that Cal would use his platform to take a jab at the Lakers should tell you a lot about how the Lakers are perceived right now. Cal is nothing if not NBA friendly.

He's also showing recruits how he's willing to go to bat for his ex-players. All of them have NBA ambitions.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Wasn't Randle -16 last night? With Kuzma playing pretty well at PF I think Randle's become more expendable. Randle and Clarkson stats usually look OK but they don't amount to wins and I'm not sure why. I think Clarkson is what he is but I could see Randle performing well somewhere else. If he played more of the garbage man/energy big role then he'd be great.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Wasn't Randle -16 last night? With Kuzma playing pretty well at PF I think Randle's become more expendable. Randle and Clarkson stats usually look OK but they don't amount to wins and I'm not sure why. I think Clarkson is what he is but I could see Randle performing well somewhere else. If he played more of the garbage man/energy big role then he'd be great.

You don't think he's performing well with us now, for the season?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: .

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
The very thing I was worried that LaVar would do with Zo, looks like Coach Calapari is doing for Randle: shining a negative spotlight on the Lakers FO thru (social) media.

It’s hard for me to ever be more proud of one player over another, but when adversity hits, a player’s response says a lot about who he is, how he’s trained, his parents, his coaches and us here at UK.

. [AT] J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.

Julius is controlling what he can control, which is his play. And you know what, he’s playing as well as he’s played in his life. That’s why I’m proud of him. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds for his family. My guess is better than he even imagined. Proud of you, Julius.

I think this is not good to basically put the Lakers on blast like that. Although Julius deserves more playing time this is the wrong way to go about it IMO.

Good for JR to play hardball with the FO going into a contract year, but it'll end up with him being traded.

Before the Lakers FO started talking about preserving cap space I was pretty worked they were going to overpay Jules. He appears to have max-like aspirations and his game did t warrant it. Kudos to him for playing well this season, though it is necessary to point out he decided to get in top shape for a contract year.

I'm encouraged by Jules play so far this season as he has improved. But there are still a lot of importent holes in his game and IMO you're going to see the market relatively chilly for him this offseason. Guys who are reluctant to shoot, aren't good in team defense (though Randle has been great on ball, including when switching), and have a certain degree of ego can be a tough sell. Faried and Noel are examples.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Who exactly was he supposed to pass to in that situation? Seriously, go back and watch some of those situations and note how rarely you see one of his teammates in a position to receive a pass.

You guys are also completely ignoring the fact that Julius kept getting to the line in those situations and knocked down his FT's at a decent clip (better than the rest of the team).

The way you guys are going on about it you'd think he was constantly turning the ball over in that situation or that they were just wasted possession.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:

Easy to see who doesn’t watch the games when they think Randle has been playing PF.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

Randle to Dallas

Noel and Deng to Chicago

R Lopez to LA
Aike
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Aike wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

. @ J30_RANDLE, who had a dble-dble last night, has shown me something about his character, integrity, and just as importantly, his professionalism. The Lakers chose not to extend his contract, which is their right, but he hasn’t responded negatively - by statements or actions.

It may not be good for the Lakers that Cal put them on blast, but every comment Cal makes is super calculated. Comparing Cal to Lavar is like comparing the CEO of Walmart to some guy who sells shirts from a shopping cart on the corner.

The fact that Cal would use his platform to take a jab at the Lakers should tell you a lot about how the Lakers are perceived right now. Cal is nothing if not NBA friendly.

He's also showing recruits how he's willing to go to bat for his ex-players. All of them have NBA ambitions.

Sure, all part of his calculation. He doesn't typically pick fights with NBA teams, but he doesn't mind taking jabs when it's to support his players and his brand.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Randle is playing better, but I always knew his calling in the NBA was as an energy big off the bench. You're not going to be a competitive team if he's your starter. As well as he's playing, you can still count on him for a handful of braindead plays a game. And by braindead I'm not talking NBA mistakes, but things you'd see on the high school level like not looking as a pass whizzes past him. He gets by with his physicality, but as a basketball player he's rough around the edges and has a low bbiq. Kuzma has shown us what a polished NBA player looks like.

We need to move this guy before the deadline. I have a bad feeling we're going to lose him for nothing in the summer if we don't. Obviously he feels slighted for not getting his extension and may just sign an offer sheet on day 1 while we're occupied with setting up meetings with max free agents.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Randle is playing better, but I always knew his calling in the NBA was as an energy big off the bench. You're not going to be a competitive team if he's your starter. As well as he's playing, you can still count on him for a handful of braindead plays a game. And by braindead I'm not talking NBA mistakes, but things you'd see on the high school level like not looking as a pass whizzes past him. He gets by with his physicality, but as a basketball player he's rough around the edges and has a low bbiq. Kuzma has shown us what a polished NBA player looks like.

We need to move this guy before the deadline. I have a bad feeling we're going to lose him for nothing in the summer if we don't. Obviously he feels slighted for not getting his extension and may just sign an offer sheet on day 1 while we're occupied with setting up meetings with max free agents.

If we lose him for nothing it shows the value he has in the league that our rookie FO failed to see.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
sign Cousins and PG and you'll have the funds to keep Julius

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG10/Hart
Lonzo

that's such an insanely talented lineup

I’m off the LeBron train and getting on this one instead. Randle’s definitely been optimised in his new role. That roster above will be impossible to stop in a year or two.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
2019 wrote:

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG10/Hart
Lonzo

I’m off the LeBron train and getting on this one instead. Randle’s definitely been optimised in his new role. That roster above will be impossible to stop in a year or two.

That lineup would be nice.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

I have noticed a huge improvement on the defensive end by Randle this season. Very good to see.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
2019 wrote:

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG10/Hart
Lonzo

Just my opinion but I have a hard time seeing PG leave Westbrook for Boogie (that's effectively what he'd be doing). LeBron? Absolutely, 100% yes. But Boogie doesn't strike me as a guy that stars are itching to play with, as incredible as he's been this year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Randle has that "dead man walking" feel to me this season. Not his play, but the situation he's in. I hope I'm wrong though, but he feels as good as gone. Carmelo during his final season at Denver feel. He can be traded any day, but will definitely be gone by next season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Julius “Don’t Call It a Comeback” Randle.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Another bad game. Though you can say that about the team in general.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Don’t like the bogut and Jules pairing. Spacing hell.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Don’t like the bogut and Jules pairing. Spacing hell.

Agree. I also get the sense Randle is out of rhythm a bit. He needs to find a better middle ground of when to find his own offense versus when to pass. It feels like his decision making there was poor, where there were instances I wanted him to be aggressive (and he wasn't) and other instances where he was aggressive (when he shouldn't have been).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1196 of 1536
Jump to: