Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 648, 649, 650 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Girls are this guys motivation

“I mean my pops, my family, that’s always No. 1,” Clarkson said. “But second probably the girls and stuff. Females. Know what I mean? I love women.”

I'm sure Magic is happy with the latter.

honestly, if there is one guy that should understand, it is probably Magic.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Should the Lakers wait until the summer, after securing the free agents, to dump Clarkson for space or trade him as soon as any reasonable deal becomes available?

The risks: Trade him now and the team may suffer from missing his offense. Also, if you trade him now, you could be dumping him for nothing if no free agents come. Trade him in the offseason and you run the risk of getting hosed after the entire league knows you absolutely MUST trade him. For example, a team could insist on including a guy like Nance with Clarkson into their space.

What say you?

It won't be so much the rest of the league being anti Lakers that could force a high cost to dump Clarkson, it is that there just aren't going to be many places to dump unwanted salary and the cost will be high for any team that wants to do so.

NBA Contracts Summary

Cap holds for 2018 free agents and 2018 draft picks aren't included in those team salary numbers. Salaries for players with team or player options are included.

Interesting. So, it’s safe to assume, you’d trade him ASAP?

If the two Max plan is what they really plan to do, they should have moved him this past summer. At this point in time, I think there will already be some type of cost involved to move him and the cost is more likely to go up than go down as summer 2018 gets closer.

Across the Internet, you will see fans of other teams pondering how their players in the middle can be moved for expiring salary or less returning salary.

1. Superstars & stars who are outperforming their contracts are highly valued.

2. Players on bargain contracts and those doing well on rookie scale contracts are valued.

Clarkson doesn't belong in either of those two categories and is a fully paid journeyman.

Last edited by Bard207 on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

“I mean my pops, my family, that’s always No. 1,” Clarkson said. “But second probably the girls and stuff. Females. Know what I mean? I love women.”

I think that's my point?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I think that's my point?

my bad, I miss read it.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Should the Lakers wait until the summer, after securing the free agents, to dump Clarkson for space or trade him as soon as any reasonable deal becomes available?

The risks: Trade him now and the team may suffer from missing his offense. Also, if you trade him now, you could be dumping him for nothing if no free agents come. Trade him in the offseason and you run the risk of getting hosed after the entire league knows you absolutely MUST trade him. For example, a team could insist on including a guy like Nance with Clarkson into their space.

What say you?

It won't be so much the rest of the league being anti Lakers that could force a high cost to dump Clarkson, it is that there just aren't going to be many places to dump unwanted salary and the cost will be high for any team that wants to do so.

NBA Contracts Summary

Cap holds for 2018 free agents and 2018 draft picks aren't included in those team salary numbers. Salaries for players with team or player options are included.

Interesting. So, it’s safe to assume, you’d trade him ASAP?

If the two Max plan is what they really plan to do, they should have moved him this past summer. At this point in time, I think there will already be some type of cost involved to move him and the cost is more likely to go up than go down as summer 2018 gets closer.

Across the Internet, you will see fans of other teams pondering how their players in the middle can be moved for expiring salary or less returning salary.

1. Superstars & stars who are outperforming their contracts are highly valued.

2. Players on bargain contracts and those doing well on rookie scale contracts are valued.

Clarkson doesn't belong in either of those two categories and is a fully paid journeyman.

Hardcore isht right here. I couldn’t agree more.

Although his numbers are awe-inspiring, I admit, and he is a very gifted and efficient scorer, he doesn’t work with Ball.

On paper, the offensive Clarkson and the unselfish, defensive Ball should be a match, but Clarkson is and always has been too dominant — it’s the primary reason he excelled as a rookie on an awful team.

I’d only keep him until the summer unless I know with absolute certainty that there were several teams (3-4) who were enamored with him enough to absorb him ... but that is all fantasy according to Bard, because realistically there wont be enough teams with the actual space+need to absorb him this summer.

So, all this begs the questions:

- Why the hell are they waiting?
- His value will never get any higher, right?
- Am I giving them too much credit to assume that they know they can trade him whenever they please?
- Because if they aren’t previed to this knowledge, that would mean that they are inept, and can they be that stupid?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:

- Am I giving them too much credit to assume that they know they can trade him whenever they please?
- Because if they aren’t previed to this knowledge, that would mean that they are inept, and can they be that stupid?

I don't think the Lakers feel they have a sufficient replacement if he's traded for essentially a salary dump. Hart isn't ready, and who is playing backup PG?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject:

Is he still here?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I don't think the Lakers feel they have a sufficient replacement if he's traded for essentially a salary dump. Hart isn't ready, and who is playing backup PG?

So you think they’re not trading him because the team will suffer.

Interesting. Although I 100% percent understand and agree upon the importance of winning, I think holding onto him, considering the context, would be an EXTREMELY shortsighted decision. Again, strongly considering the context and everything Mr. Bard posted above.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. Although I 100% percent understand and agree upon the importance of winning, I think holding onto him, considering the context, would be an EXTREMELY shortsighted decision. Again, strongly considering the context and everything Mr. Bard posted above.

I'm sure that if the Lakers could use JC to dump Deng's contract, they would do so without any hesitation. Beyond that, I think they want to be thoughtful about how they shed his contract, because he does have some value in this league (maybe not Deng-dump value, but something)
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I'm sure that if the Lakers could use JC to dump Deng's contract, they would do so without any hesitation. Beyond that, I think they want to be thoughtful about how they shed his contract, because he does have some value in this league (maybe not Deng-dump value, but something)

I’m sorry, but this sounds like rhetoric. I mean, what does it even mean?

Read Bard’s post. Not to sweat the dude, but all the necessary thoughtfulness is there.

Try not to respond to people actually giving answers and being thoughtful with, “I think the Lakers will be thoughtful because Clarkson has value”.

Tell me what kind of value he has. Otherwise you’re spewing rhetoric and being Captain Obvious.

I suppose I agree with you, but there really isn’t much to agree with because there isn’t very much being said.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
my bad, I miss read it.

this was not lost on me
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
my bad, I miss read it.

this was not lost on me

my poor spelling of misread?
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

What say you?

If we have commitments from 2 max players, we can stretch Deng, not pickup JR, and stretch JC.

Case closed. Nothing else to discuss.

Is it wasteful? Yes ...... but so is trading away young guys now just in case we can get 2 max players this summer.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He's easily moveable but right now he's playing at a level that is helping us win games. No need to do it right now..
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

What say you?

If we have commitments from 2 max players, we can stretch Deng, not pickup JR, and stretch JC.

Case closed. Nothing else to discuss.

Is it wasteful? Yes ...... but so is trading away young guys now just in case we can get 2 max players this summer.

Very good to know.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

He's easily moveable but right now he's playing at a level that is helping us win games. No need to do it right now..

Easily, huh? If isn’t what K suggested above, stretching him, then im not nearly as confident as you are that he can “easily” be moved.

But hey, hope I’m wrong.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I’m sorry, but this sounds like rhetoric. I mean, what does it even mean?

Read Bard’s post. Not to sweat the dude, but all the necessary thoughtfulness is there.

Try not to respond to people actually giving answers and being thoughtful with, “I think the Lakers will be thoughtful because Clarkson has value”.

Tell me what kind of value he has. Otherwise you’re spewing rhetoric and being Captain Obvious.

I suppose I agree with you, but there really isn’t much to agree with because there isn’t very much being said.

Sorry, didn't think you would get stuck on a throwaway line like that. Anyway:

http://bkref.com/tiny/08qsJ

A small player comparison among players I pulled out of my wherever. Reggie Jackson, Alan Crabbe, and a younger JR Smith (when he was even better than he is now).

Now, it's not like any of these are brothers from a different mother. Some are pure shooters, while Reggie plays the point. None are especially good on D, all are decent on offense, but none are shooting as well as JC is this year.

All of them have bigger contracts than JC.

I realize that "value" is completely subjective, and I also understand that no teams are going to help the Lakers shed their remaining big contracts. But if three other NBA teams were willing to spend more for players who are essentially less productive (maybe not Reggie, but he's pretty comparable), then it stands to reason that there are NBA GMs out there who see that JC is performing at a relative bargain. And GMs earn their keep on trying to obtain value. So trading a draft pick or an expiring for a (relatively) value contract is going to be appealing to somebody.

Again, I don't believe he has enough value to entice a team to take Deng too. But I think he has enough that a GM can justify taking him on without completely screwing the Lakers in the process.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Games like tonight show why I don’t think we will trade JC in season. He brings scoring off the bench at the guard spot. Lonzo and KCP aren’t consistent enough scoring wise.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Games like tonight show why I don’t think we will trade JC in season. He brings scoring off the bench at the guard spot. Lonzo and KCP aren’t consistent enough scoring wise.

He's been so good. And while his shooting might regress a bit, he's taking much smarter shots so I don't think he's going to regress too much. But we should trade him now while his value is high. The 2 max plan requires another sacrifice.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Great showcase game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

PORN STAR CONTROL
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

JC is playing so well that we might be able to get away with attaching him to Deng's contract along with a future first and second for some expiring trash in return
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

tox wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He's been so good. And while his shooting might regress a bit, he's taking much smarter shots so I don't think he's going to regress too much. But we should trade him now while his value is high. The 2 max plan requires another sacrifice.

How about sacrificing a max?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade JC yet. If we do get ready to be the worst team in the league and unwatchable games. FO needs to stay patient until the deadline before trying to move JC.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Finally. Luke let's him finish a fame
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 648, 649, 650 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 649 of 685
Jump to: