OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Must be a reason why OKC started force feeding PG13.

Quote:
This season the Thunder have a net rating of minus-54.8 in the final five minutes of a close game (a margin of five points or fewer). This entire season, they’ve completed only three assisted field goals in clutch-time minutes. Three.

Quote:
If you were to sift through this game, you would find many more images like the one above. In this broken Thunder offense, George, one of the most dynamic scorers in the league, has been more or less relegated to third fiddle. George is to this team what Chris Bosh was to the Miami Heat in 2011 — a glorified space creator. On Thursday, George attempted only one shot in the fourth quarter.

“I’m not gonna create a narrative on that kind of stuff,” Billy Donovan said postgame regarding the shot distribution. “It’s one game.”

This season, on only 49 touches per game, George has been exceptionally efficient. He is averaging nearly 0.4 points per touch, 11th in the league among players averaging more than 20 minutes a game. Anthony is averaging 0.35 points per touch, but on 60.3 touches per game. Westbrook, meanwhile, is averaging more than 90 touches a game and only 0.21 points per touch.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/10/16634306/okc-westbrook-paul-george-carmelo-struggles

I think Lonzo will be more than happy to share his ball(s).

It looks like the closed door meeting by the players went well, they have changed their offensive approach and are performing better with some wins. It is tough working two dominant players into an existing team but they seem to be working out.

You mean like Melo abruptly telling the team he wasn't able to play the last game? Even Donovan was surprised that Melo sat out the last game.

You have 3, not 2 high usage players.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland is struggling. I am sure a lot of it is because IT is out. Lebron can only do so much. IT will definitely help when he comes back but I think they still struggle this year. The east is wide open.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

This could be a good show case game for Clarkson. Let's see how be does tonight.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y892fool
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:

Terrible trade. As much as JC pisses me off we desperately need his offense as a team. With that trade we'd end up with maybe 20 wins max.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Terrible trade. As much as JC pisses me off we desperately need his offense as a team. With that trade we'd end up with maybe 20 wins max.
Come on man, you make it like he's our MVP or something. Sure, he's having a good year, but that's the only reason we might be able to trade him.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

Come on man, you make it like he's our MVP or something. Sure, he's having a good year, but that's the only reason we might be able to trade him.

And might be the only reason Boston gets a top 2-5 pick from us, and the Sixers get the #1 pick or top 10 pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

And there is no way Phoenix would do that trade.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

why wouldn't they?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

why wouldn't they?

Because they don't want to be the team that helps gives the Lakers a chance to build a superteam.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
scoobs wrote:

why wouldn't they?

Cap space
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

I have to salute whoever suggested signing Tyreke in the offseason. Who knew you could learn to shoot 3-pointers so late in your career? If we could go back, boy would it be nice to have chosen this new and improved version of him over KCP. Better fit next to Lonzo on offense as someone that could share ballhandling duties, and apparently the better shooter, too...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I have to salute whoever suggested signing Tyreke in the offseason. Who knew you could learn to shoot 3-pointers so late in your career? If we could go back, boy would it be nice to have chosen this new and improved version of him over KCP. Better fit next to Lonzo on offense as someone that could share ballhandling duties, and apparently the better shooter, too...

He was one of the guys I wanted once the big names were off the board. Thought he would be a great value signing and a secondary ball handler to help Lonzo.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

He was one of the guys I wanted once the big names were off the board. Thought he would be a great value signing and a secondary ball handler to help Lonzo.

if it all works out and the FO moves Deng, Clarkson, and lets Randle walk...is there any chance we would have enough to entice him with 2 Max guys? Probably not....but he would be perfect in that 6th man role on a good team if he can continue to stay healthy.

Honestly, does anyone stay healthy in New Orleans?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Should have been a common sense move with our room exception when we didnt even have any G depth at the time he signed. We only had Ball,JC,Hart under contract
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

I can't highlight enough how there are steals to be had every free agency. Summer of 2015 I wanted Biyombo before he broke out, summer of 2016 I wanted Seth Curry before he had a strong season for the Mavs. This past summer it was Tyreke Evans

Players signed for cheap this past summer (most for the vet min)

A.Baynes/T.Black/W.Reed
Beasley/Casspi
J.Holiday/Mbah a moute
Evans/T.Allen
Felton/DRose/I.Clark
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

if it all works out and the FO moves Deng, Clarkson, and lets Randle walk...is there any chance we would have enough to entice him with 2 Max guys? Probably not....but he would be perfect in that 6th man role on a good team if he can continue to stay healthy.

He's in Memphis.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject:

Whos in your opinion the player on the Lakers that is the closest to being untouchable? I'd say Kuzma. Dont see superstar potential on him but by far the most refined game out of all of our young players with good athleticism to match. I see him being a 20 ppg scrorer.
We dont have a Ben Simmons on the roster onlr anything like that meaning no one is untouchable, everyone can get traded, we dont have a franchise player.

I do believe Paul George will be a Laker next yeaelr but I also think if it happens we might see some more trades. The only one I dont want to see traded is Kuzma.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I can't highlight enough how there are steals to be had every free agency. Summer of 2015 I wanted Biyombo before he broke out, summer of 2016 I wanted Seth Curry before he had a strong season for the Mavs. This past summer it was Tyreke Evans

A.Baynes/T.Black/W.Reed
Beasley/Casspi
J.Holiday/Mbah a moute
Evans/T.Allen
Felton/DRose/I.Clark

I think smart FOs have already known this, but with rare exception (e.g. Iggy in 2014), you're best off signing guys <$5M or maxes... anything in between tends to be the midrange equivalent of free agents i.e. inefficient and unwise in general.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Whos in your opinion the player on the Lakers that is the closest to being untouchable? I'd say Kuzma. Dont see superstar potential on him but by far the most refined game out of all of our young players with good athleticism to match. I see him being a 20 ppg scrorer.
We dont have a Ben Simmons on the roster onlr anything like that meaning no one is untouchable, everyone can get traded, we dont have a franchise player.

I do believe Paul George will be a Laker next yeaelr but I also think if it happens we might see some more trades. The only one I dont want to see traded is Kuzma.

Lonzo by a mile, I think. Maybe Ingram was there 3 months ago, but I wouldn't doubt Magic's already getting antsy about his shooting. Kuz is great but I don't think he has the transformative potential of Lonzo (and some would argue BI I guess).
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject:

While we do know that if they trade Randle, it'll be for cap relief, I also hope they bring back an useful veteran PG at least, and a backup wing if posible.

We'll be just fine with Lopez/Kuz/Nance/Bogut down low, but not having a veteran PG to help Lonzo is killing us. The backup wing could be a 3 and D guy to bench Brewer for good.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

A.Baynes/T.Black/W.Reed
Beasley/Casspi
J.Holiday/Mbah a moute
Evans/T.Allen
Felton/DRose/I.Clark

I think smart FOs have already known this, but with rare exception (e.g. Iggy in 2014), you're best off signing guys <$5M or maxes... anything in between tends to be the midrange equivalent of free agents i.e. inefficient and unwise in general.

But you can't ignore the fact most of those guys wouldn't even take a meeting with us. The ones who'd consider us are not really better than what we have right now. I don't think Tony Allen, Mbah a Moute or even Tyreke would consider us for example. DRose and Ian Clark took offers from us and signed elsewhere too.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

He's in Memphis.

yes? and healthy. He was never healthy in New Orleans....like so many other guys while they are Pelicans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject:

For the record I remain bullish on the Lakers next summer, aside from how I felt about the DLO trade. I do believe Magic can help close on 2 max free agents (2 of LBJ/Pg13/Boogie).
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Whos in your opinion the player on the Lakers that is the closest to being untouchable? I'd say Kuzma. Dont see superstar potential on him but by far the most refined game out of all of our young players with good athleticism to match. I see him being a 20 ppg scrorer. We dont have a Ben Simmons on the roster onlr anything like that meaning no one is untouchable, everyone can get traded, we dont have a franchise player.

I do believe Paul George will be a Laker next yeae

Well apparently Magic disagrees with you on that. He already said Ball and Ingram are off limits and Kuzma is close to that.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 108 of 2680
Jump to: