OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
While we do know that if they trade Randle, it'll be for cap relief, I also hope they bring back an useful veteran PG at least, and a backup wing if posible.

We'll be just fine with Lopez/Kuz/Nance/Bogut down low, but not having a veteran PG to help Lonzo is killing us. The backup wing could be a 3 and D guy to bench Brewer for good.

That won't happen because can't afford to add cap.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For the record I remain bullish on the Lakers next summer, aside from how I felt about the DLO trade. I do believe Magic can help close on 2 max free agents (2 of LBJ/Pg13/Boogie).

We'll see about that especially if we can't clear cap, and the summer of 2016 will come back to haunt us. Should had given them 2 year deals not 4.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
For the record I remain bullish on the Lakers next summer, aside from how I felt about the DLO trade. I do believe Magic can help close on 2 max free agents (2 of LBJ/Pg13/Boogie).

We'll see about that especially if we can't clear cap, and the summer of 2016 will come back to haunt us. Should had given them 2 year deals not 4.

We can. It's costly but I don't think it's a "we can't" proposition. For example:

1. stretch Deng, renounce Jules, stretch JC. Costly but you theoretically have the cap space now.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We can. It's costly but I don't think it's a "we can't" proposition. For example:

1. stretch Deng, renounce Jules, stretch JC. Costly but you theoretically have the cap space now.

Don't you mean trade JC. Let's Randle walk for nothing will be dumb though. truthfully it will be hard to find a taker for any of those three.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

that screams 4 seed with no flexibility until Lebron is 37....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't you mean trade JC. Let's Randle walk for nothing will be dumb though. truthfully it will be hard to find a taker for any of those three.

You're concerned about the "we can't clear cap" angle when I just gave an example (though costly) of how they can clear the requisite cap without having other teams take on our Deng/JC deals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which Western teams can best a LBJ/PG13/Lonzo/Ingram/Kuz core? Warriors...and then who else?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Which Western teams can best a LBJ/PG13/Lonzo/Ingram/Kuz core? Warriors...and then who else?

in year one, I would expect several....lets just be honest about the way Ball, BI and Kuzma are playing....its going to take a few years for those 3....and they have no real shot at the Warriors until BI and Ball are probably 24ish....so what is the point....What will Lebron be @ 36? 37?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:

in year one, I would expect several....lets just be honest about the way Ball, BI and Kuzma are playing....its going to take a few years for those 3....and they have no real shot at the Warriors until BI and Ball are probably 24ish....so what is the point....What will Lebron be @ 36? 37?

So it's "no point" to be a top 2 Western team? I mean what happens if any of the top Warriors guys get injured, or if they decide not to re-sign Klay to a 40m/year deal?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rockets, maybe Thunder, maybe Clippers depending on who they add. Our young players won’t be much help for another 2-3 years. The timeframe is horrible planning.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'd be easily 2nd best IMO. Minny is the team that has a ton of room to grow but with LBJ and PG, I struggle to see a team that would cause too many problems.

The ideal scenario would be to find a way to keep Randle while 2 guys but if LeBron is one of those guys, then Jules is gonna be out.

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13/Hart
Lonzo

Surround with shooters and that is also a highly capable team but no LeBron... but you can't turn down LeBron given his desire to play here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rockets, maybe Thunder, maybe Clippers depending on who they add.

Assuming PG13/LBJ are on the Lakers, I'm not worried about the Rox, especially b/c they will be in a tricky position re: CP3.

OKC would be losing PG13 so they are out of the picture.

Clips may lose DJ, and Blake/Gallinari/DJ aren't exactly killing it now.

I think we are top 2 team in the West in 2018 if we get PG13/LBJ.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

You also seem to think we are the only team in the West that will make moves next offseason. We aren’t.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
You also seem to think we are the only team in the West that will make moves next offseason. We aren’t.

With the teams you named, they have cap constraints and roster asset constraints. Sure, they can make moves, but not the type of franchise changing ones that the Lakers may be able to.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject:

GS signed Durant being capped out. OKC added George and Melo being capped out. Houston added Chris Paul being capped out. That is today’s NBA, if the players have a will there is a way. Minny could soon see themselves in the position of another star wanting to come. Philly is on the verge too. You have to have that core, which we are a few years away from.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

So it's "no point" to be a top 2 Western team? I mean what happens if any of the top Warriors guys get injured, or if they decide not to re-sign Klay to a 40m/year deal?

as you are aware....I just think we are better off adding PG-13 and keeping our young core....and set ourselves up for being contenders for a decade instead of having a 2-3 year window. i am not convinced bringing 2 max guys in will not actually stunt the growth of players like Ingram.....and I think there is still a big payoff coming from Randle in the next 1-3 years.

I like how GSW have built their team....I am liking how Philly built their team....and we are on that track.....but I think Magic is going to take us down an ass backwards path that will make him the "toast of the town" for a couple years but will not result in much tangible benefits (rings). But hey, most fans are like Jeanie...they love their stars....and 50-55 wins will make the Staples Center exciting again....so if that is the goal, I can see that being successful.

I think fans are delusional if they think Ball, Kuzma and Ingram will be playing at a championship level within 2 years......honestly, I think Lebron will force the FO to flip 2 of them for some more older vets. Once you start walking that path....the story never ends well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GS signed Durant being capped out. OKC added George and Melo being capped out. Houston added Chris Paul being capped out. That is today’s NBA, if the players have a will there is a way. Minny could soon see themselves in the position of another star wanting to come. Philly is on the verge too. You have to have that core, which we are a few years away from.

1. GS cleared cap to sign KD.
2. OKC added 2 players via trade who are ostensibly expiring deals.

So if you believe other teams can improve via trade/FA, why are you so down on Magic/Pelinka (but didn't raise the same red flags in 2014-16 for Jim/Mitch)?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is not my biggest concern, if we manage to land a couple all stars, it will be phenomenal for their development as players not only learning from bron/PG/boogie but also having the pressure of carrying the team taken off them until they are ready. These kids need to taste what winning feels like soon and get out of this losing stench that has been around the last 5 years.
(I credit Magic for making that his main priority and motivation when he took over).

Even if we don't win a chip, we can establish our credibility as a franchise again with some deep playoff runs and become another FA destination to play with our now (hopefully) all star core of BI/Zo/Kuz.

This is why I like the "hybrid" plan of keeping our young core while still signing all stars that keep us in the playoffs every year. It only accelerates the rebuild from where we would be anyways keeping a young roster without any all stars.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

as you are aware....I just think we are better off adding PG-13 and keeping our young core....and set ourselves up for being contenders for a decade instead of having a 2-3 year window. i am not convinced bringing 2 max guys in will not actually stunt the growth of players like Ingram.....and I think there is still a big payoff coming from Randle in the next 1-3 years.

I like how GSW have built their team....I am liking how Philly built their team....and we are on that track.....but I think Magic is going to take us down an ass backwards path that will make him the "toast of the town" for a couple years but will not result in much tangible benefits (rings). But hey, most fans are like Jeanie...they love their stars....and 50-55 wins will make the Staples Center exciting again....so if that is the goal, I can see that being successful.

I think fans are delusional if they think Ball, Kuzma and Ingram will be playing at a championship level within 2 years......honestly, I think Lebron will force the FO to flip 2 of them for some more older vets. Once you start walking that path....the story never ends well.

I would love if PG13 came on his own volition, but I think it's 2 stars or 0 stars to be honest.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I would love if PG13 came on his own volition, but I think it's 2 stars or 0 stars to be honest.

but why? I can see how someone could get that from Lebron and his previous moves....but to me, PG-13 is either coming or he is not coming.....I am not sure it matters who is coming with him. I am not even sure PG-13 would not prefer to be "the man" on the Lakers. He indicated he wanted to come this summer when we only had some young guys and a draft pick. Maybe your right.....just trying to figure out why you assigned those thoughts to PG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

Quote:
but why? I can see how someone could get that from Lebron and his previous moves....but to me, PG-13 is either coming or he is not coming.....I am not sure it matters who is coming with him. I am not even sure PG-13 would not prefer to be "the man" on the Lakers. He indicated he wanted to come this summer when we only had some young guys and a draft pick. Maybe your right.....just trying to figure out why you assigned those thoughts to PG.

Is he willing to leave an MVP (WB) and a nice (but flawed) core of Adams/Melo to join a bunch of kids? With another max, heck, even Boogie, it's more of a palatable team.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Is he willing to leave an MVP (WB) and a nice (but flawed) core of Adams/Melo to join a bunch of kids? With another max, heck, even Boogie, it's more of a palatable team.

PG/Boogie and our kids actually might be better than OKC this year (fit more)
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

If we can get a meeting with PG/Lebron I think Kobe could be part of the sales pitch. If we can get a meeting with Boogie I think Shaq could be part of the sales pitch.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We'd be easily 2nd best IMO. Minny is the team that has a ton of room to grow but with LBJ and PG, I struggle to see a team that would cause too many problems.

The ideal scenario would be to find a way to keep Randle while 2 guys but if LeBron is one of those guys, then Jules is gonna be out.

Boogie/Randle
Kuzzz/Nance
B.I.
PG13/Hart
Lonzo

Surround with shooters and that is also a highly capable team but no LeBron... but you can't turn down LeBron given his desire to play here.

I think Randle is gone regardless.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
If we can get a meeting with PG/Lebron I think Kobe could be part of the sales pitch. If we can get a meeting with Boogie I think Shaq could be part of the sales pitch.

Maybe. Magic will want to be the closer and get the credit for this deal (his whole plan would come to fruition). He's already said no thanks to the Logo, so not sure if he thinks Kobe would be necessary in the room to be honest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 109 of 2680
Jump to: