THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 686, 687, 688 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout has key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance.

Moore went from a 10 point lead to a dead heat. I guess some folks actually do frown upon pedos even if they're Republican pedos.

10 points, deadheat? we talking pedophile... I was expecting a landslide against Moore

It's in the south, and that's what christians do. It's not unusual for them what Moore did. O course they won't accept it in public, and they will say the right thing in the presence of outsiders. But deep down it is as normal for them as milk and cookies.
Like Bill Maher said, liberals arrest the despise pedos among them, conservatives elect them.
I still expect him to win.

Yes, liberal Hollywood certainly took care of business
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
The average of five surveys conducted after the allegations became public has Moore leading Democrat Doug Jones by only 2 percentage points.

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/930151014090592258

This is why democracy is doomed -- it can't overcome tribalism. Had it been a democrat accused of sexual assault on a minor in Alabama, the accused would be an instant pariah.

And I'll see their "he's only been accused, it hasn't been proven" and raise with "crooked Hillary" and "emails."

Funny, this guy got re-elected...
Quote:
Bocanegra was disciplined, but the matter was brushed under the rug. Per the TV station, Bocanegra ran for his seat with the backing of the Democratic Party. He recently apologized but remains the powerful majority whip. KPIX obtained a copy of a letter 11 women sent to the rules committee seeking the file on the sexual-harassment complaint. Skinner was the chairwoman of the committee, and the TV station interviewed one of the letter’s signers “who confirmed, Nancy Skinner never responded to their request.”

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/11/11/unfolding-sex-scandal-offers-lessons-about-californias-political-hypocrisy/

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-raul-bocanegra-harassment-20171027-htmlstory.html
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Funny as in ironic? It's completely consistent with my point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Looking at the election results from this week. Minority turnout was key. Need to keep voter enthusiasm high for 2018.
Its on people of color to make their voice heard. Or else the GOP will maintain dominance in the House.

so are you saying we can't depend on white men, and white women?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

The Atlantic: Trump Jr had conversations with Wikileaks through Twitter direct messages.

Let me guess:

"Don Jr. is the least important of his sons."

"He ranks even bellow Tiffany."

"He doesn't remember having a son named Donald."
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
The Atlantic: Trump Jr had conversations with Wikileaks through Twitter direct messages.

Let me guess:

We've now updated the story with @ByronTau's great catch: @realDonaldTrump tweeted about the release of Podesta's emails *15 minutes* after @Wikileaks wrote to @DonaldJTrumpJr about it. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-secret-correspondence-between-donald-trump-jr-and-wikileaks/545738/

Anyone else smell smoke?
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

From the same Atlantic article:

Quote:
According to a source familiar with the congressional investigations into Russian interference with the 2016 campaign, who requested anonymity because the investigation is ongoing, on the same day that Trump Jr. received the first message from WikiLeaks, he emailed other senior officials with the Trump campaign, including Steve Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Brad Parscale, and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, telling them WikiLeaks had made contact. Kushner then forwarded the email to campaign communications staffer Hope Hicks. At no point during the 10-month correspondence does Trump Jr. rebuff WikiLeaks, which had published stolen documents and was already observed to be releasing information that benefited Russian interests.

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

My favorite from twitter:

"I’m sure Don Jr was just trying to help American couples hoping to adopt a child from Wikileaks."
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Saw where Moore said he was going to sue the Washington Post.. lol.. bring it

Sue James Comey too for election interference
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

Exactly. Getting bogged down in going back and forth about who did what wrong and when they did it is an approach that is guaranteed to perpetuate the problem.

The only reasonable approach to an inappropriate response to an egregious act is to address that instance, not use previous errors as a justification to handle the current one poorly and incorrectly yet again.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

Exactly. Getting bogged down in going back and forth about who did what wrong and when they did it is an approach that is guaranteed to perpetuate the problem.

The only reasonable approach to an inappropriate response to an egregious act is to address that instance, not use previous errors as a justification to handle the current one poorly and incorrectly yet again.

John Oliver had a great point on this, that you shouldn't use inconsistent application of standards as a pretense to remove all standards.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

John Oliver had a great point on this, that you shouldn't use inconsistent application of standards as a pretense to remove all standards.

Sums it up perfectly.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

Let me guess:

Just another day. Sessions has DOJ investigating Trump's BS deflections. Nothing matters.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Let me guess:

Just another day. Sessions has DOJ investigating Trump's BS deflections. Nothing matters.

Once you realize that the facts don't matter, you quit pulling out your hair. It is pure tribalism.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

In other words, two wrongs don't make a right?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

That's part of it, but there's also the tribal hypocrisy angle.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I go back to Eric Holder stating that he and Obama don't want to defeat the GOP gerrymandering in order to let the democrats do the same thing in the opposite direction. They are opposed to unfair and disenfranchising tactics regardless of who gains.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

"Two wrongs don't make a right" is a little too (bleep) for tat to apply here, though it's not off base. The difference is that the follow up to the saying is, "but now we are even".

The current situation runs deeper than that. It's not about getting even. It's about perpetuating the wrongs while exploiting the wrongs of others as an excuse to do so.

There's no attempt to do the right thing, even in the self-serving sense.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Yes, but whataboutism

The tiger hoops mascot also smashed his We Got Him! button.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject:

Moore was once banned from a mall for bothering teenage girls.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall?mbid=social_twitter

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

"This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Trumps help bring Gelo Ball back home..

I wonder if he'll get credit..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2744196-report-liangelo-ball-ucla-players-released-flying-home-from-china
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/locals-were-troubled-by-roy-moores-interactions-with-teen-girls-at-the-gadsden-mall?mbid=social_twitter

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

"This past weekend, I spoke or messaged with more than a dozen people—including a major political figure in the state—who told me that they had heard, over the years, that Moore had been banned from the mall because he repeatedly badgered teen-age girls. Some say that they heard this at the time, others in the years since. These people include five members of the local legal community, two cops who worked in the town, several people who hung out at the mall in the early eighties, and a number of former mall employees. (A request for comment from the Moore campaign was not answered.) Several of them asked that I leave their names out of this piece. The stories that they say they’ve heard for years have been swirling online in the days since the Post published its report. “Sources tell me Moore was actually banned from the Gadsden Mall and the YMCA for his inappropriate behavior of soliciting sex from young girls,” the independent Alabama journalist Glynn Wilson wrote on his Web site on Sunday. (Wilson declined to divulge his sources.) Teresa Jones, a deputy district attorney for Etowah County in the early eighties, told CNN last week that “it was common knowledge that Roy dated high-school girls.

Republican see your story, saw Hannity defending Moore and raise the ante to...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/13/sean-hannity-keurig-roy-moore-244836
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Circumstantial evidence of collusion by Trump & Trump Jr:

Quote:
The Hill‏Verified account @thehill

Trump tweeted about hacked Podesta emails 15 minutes after WikiLeaks asked Trump Jr. to ask him to: report http://hill.cm/se5dQL6

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
paymonM wrote:

Republican see your story, saw Hannity defending Moore and raise the ante to...

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/13/sean-hannity-keurig-roy-moore-244836

Best line I saw: Republicans destroy their coffee makers in support of pedophilia.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 686, 687, 688 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 687 of 3663
Jump to: