LAKERS -at- SUNS – 11-13-17 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks DB. Had a delayed flight and got home in time to see the last 8 minutes or so. I'm just glad we held Phoenix to 93 points. I can't speak to this game because I only saw the end of it, but I do agree with the idea another poster stated in this thread that a good defense can have a lot to do with how bad an opposing offense looks.

Where does one draw the line between two teams trying to lose with bad offense, and a team sticking with solid defense while it figures out the offense? I do have the feeling this season that defense consistently puts the Lakers in a position where they actually have a chance at winning most games, no matter how bad the offense performed for the first 40 minutes. Many of the Laker losses have been very close games. Perhaps this was ugly, but from a defensive standpoint allowing just under 39% shooting overall and 27% from three is actually kinda pretty.

Thank goodness Corey Brewer (of all players) and JC stepped up to give us some late game scoring punch, and Luke saw fit to keep the hot hands in at winning time.

This young squad's D is no fluke. We are top ten in most defensive categories. The Suns are a high scoring team and we held them to only 93 points. Should have been only 91 points as the Lakers gave up a concession basket at the end. So I think our D had a lot to do with how bad the Suns looked on offense. Brewer was playing out of his mind and he was everywhere. Booker got T'd up because he was so frustrated.

Props to the FO for the roster turnover that has changed our defensive culture and to the holdovers from the prior FO for buying into the new emphasis on D. And lastly props to Luke for getting the young team to play with such intensity- that is no easy task.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Thanks DB

BI is string bad games together don't like that.

He needs to fix his jumper, can't rely on driving to the basket on every possession. Until he hits the short jumper off the dribble he's not much of a threat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: