Lonzo's Ball shooting: A issue of mechanics/focus/both?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Magic Johnson: Lakers won't change Ball's shot

Quote:
Lakers rookie point guard Lonzo Ball is shooting 31.4% but team president Magic Johnson said during a radio interview the coaching staff won’t alter his shooting stroke. Johnson made the comment during an interview on ESPN’s Mike and Mike show, which was relayed by USAToday’s Andrew Joseph. “Let him shoot the way he’s been shooting and hopefully they’ll go in. And so, we’re not gonna mess with it,” Johnson said. “We’re gonna let him shoot and play his game. If after the season, and he’s not shooting well, then we’ll sit down with him and say, ‘Hey, let’s maybe look at different way or let’s try to improve the way you are shooting.'”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/11/13/magic-johnson-explained-why-the-lakers-arent-going-to-change-lonzo-balls-shot/107663810/

Magic is right. Let the kid adjust to the NBA game first.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
not sure who has a more broken shot though. Ingram or Ball?

Ingram's been at it for over a year now and he still sucks at shooting. Either way, both are terrible shooters.
these two have some of the worse touch i've seen. i didnt watch BI in college much so I dont recall how he looked from a touch perspective. but i did watch ball. he had touch in college. you dont lose that unless you're injured(legs, cant get lift, back, shoulders, elbows, or some sort of hand/finger injuries) Or the difference in feel for the nba basketball. the nba basketball feels nothing like the ncaa basketballs. nor does it feel anything like HS basketballs you play with. as a 6'2 guy with decent size hands. I have always HATED the nba balls feel. hated it. sure it made us feel like we were doing it big, when we ran leagues and someone brought their official NBA ball. but we all knew that feel was going to be rough.

As an asian, i don't know how an NBA official ball feels. haha

We use FIBA sanctioned balls here and they feel great.

Hopefully ball finds his touch in the NBA though. It sucks watching him build bricks out there. As for Ingram, well, my patience with his development is running thin. He is a top prospect and he hasn't shown enough to prove that he deserved that #2 pick. The curse of the #2 pick continues. Durant was an aberration.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
not sure who has a more broken shot though. Ingram or Ball?

Ingram's been at it for over a year now and he still sucks at shooting. Either way, both are terrible shooters.
these two have some of the worse touch i've seen. i didnt watch BI in college much so I dont recall how he looked from a touch perspective. but i did watch ball. he had touch in college. you dont lose that unless you're injured(legs, cant get lift, back, shoulders, elbows, or some sort of hand/finger injuries) Or the difference in feel for the nba basketball. the nba basketball feels nothing like the ncaa basketballs. nor does it feel anything like HS basketballs you play with. as a 6'2 guy with decent size hands. I have always HATED the nba balls feel. hated it. sure it made us feel like we were doing it big, when we ran leagues and someone brought their official NBA ball. but we all knew that feel was going to be rough.

As an asian, i don't know how an NBA official ball feels. haha

We use FIBA sanctioned balls here and they feel great.

Hopefully ball finds his touch in the NBA though. It sucks watching him build bricks out there. As for Ingram, well, my patience with his development is running thin. He is a top prospect and he hasn't shown enough to prove that he deserved that #2 pick. The curse of the #2 pick continues. Durant was an aberration.

the official NBA balls are terrible.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Balls shooting makes me think he should concentrate on assists... ALWAYS...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8
Jump to: