OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2520, 2521, 2522 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Honestly, the Nets don't have as bad of a roster as I thought. They're somehow hanging with Boston at home without Dlo...

Outside of RHJ and maybe Carroll, I don't think they currently have any real NBA starters on their roster (Levert and Allen can get there) but they have a solid bench with guys who fit Atkinson's system well.

They also were without Acy, Booker, and Allen against the Lakers, forcing them to play Zeller and RHJ at center against BroLo for long stretches. If healthy, the Nets can beat the Lakers in Brooklyn.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Honestly, the Nets don't have as bad of a roster as I thought. They're somehow hanging with Boston at home without Dlo...

Outside of RHJ and maybe Carroll, I don't think they currently have any real NBA starters on their roster (Levert and Allen can get there) but they have a solid bench with guys who fit Atkinson's system well.

They also were without Acy, Booker, and Allen against the Lakers, forcing them to play Zeller and RHJ at center against BroLo for long stretches. If healthy, the Nets can beat the Lakers in Brooklyn.

Yeah, they shoot the 3-ball very well as a team, and have excellent spacing and ball movement as a result. That'll keep them in a lot of games, with Dlo to close. Dinwiddie has been very nice for them off the bench as a lead guard, and they also have Crabbe who can be a borderline starter once his shot comes around. Oddly enough, they're almost the antithesis of us on offense.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
No other lineup played even half as many minutes on the Lakers that season. It was the top 20 in lineup minutes played[/b] in the entire league. Trying to call it into question based on sample size is a bit ridiculous.

Sample size really hasn't got anything to do with it, if I used that term, my apologies.

Despite us stinking last year, that was our best lineup. Why didn't it play together more, considering the other options? Don't remember that lineup closing out any games. I would guess it wasn't quick enough to play more than it did.

Last year's Moz/JR/Deng/Young/DLo lineup was brought up to assert a Lonzo/Russell pairing could've been successful defensively. I'd say it proves a dedicated rim protector is needed if the guards can't stay in front, and Mozgov and Bogut wouldn't have been good enough offensively and quick enough against smaller lineups to stay on the court even half the game. There was a JC/Lou/Nance/BI/Black lineup that had success in just under 9 minutes a game in 22 games, would like to see the Real Plus/Minus on that though.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but Kuzma was on the Mason & Ireland show today and he said there were 3 teams interested in him. I was curious which ones and thankfully Mason jumped in and asked that question. He replied, the Lakers, the Nets, & San Antonio. I know there was a theory that we could have gotten Kuz and kept DLO, but The Kuzma interview changes everything. If we never received that the 27th pick from the Nets, Kuz could very well be in Brooklyn right now.

He did mention that the Lakers were his first choice though. If you guys don't believe me then go download the Kuzma interview. Can't say it's fake news made up by the media if Kuzma himself is the one actually saying it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Not trying to stir the pot or anything, but Kuzma was on the Mason & Ireland show today and he said there were 3 teams interested in him. I was curious which ones and thankfully Mason jumped in and asked that question. He replied, the Lakers, the Nets, & San Antonio. I know there was a theory that we could have gotten Kuz and kept DLO, but The Kuzma interview changes everything. If we never received that the 27th pick from the Nets, Kuz could very well be in Brooklyn right now.

He did mention that the Lakers were his first choice though. If you guys don't believe me then go download the Kuzma interview. Can't say it's fake news made up by the media if Kuzma himself is the one actually saying it.

He did indeed work out for Brooklyn. Of course, they say they did have him there on their board...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
No other lineup played even half as many minutes on the Lakers that season. It was the top 20 in lineup minutes played[/b] in the entire league. Trying to call it into question based on sample size is a bit ridiculous.

Sample size really hasn't got anything to do with it, if I used that term, my apologies.

Despite us stinking last year, that was our best lineup. Why didn't it play together more, considering the other options? Don't remember that lineup closing out any games. I would guess it wasn't quick enough to play more than it did.

Last year's Moz/JR/Deng/Young/DLo lineup was brought up to assert a Lonzo/Russell pairing could've been successful defensively. I'd say it proves a dedicated rim protector is needed if the guards can't stay in front, and Mozgov and Bogut wouldn't have been good enough offensively and quick enough against smaller lineups to stay on the court even half the game. There was a JC/Lou/Nance/BI/Black lineup that had success in just under 9 minutes a game in 22 games, would like to see the Real Plus/Minus on that though.

As mentioned, it was one of the top twenty lineups in the league by minutes, despite the Lakers sitting members of it for a large portion of the season when they decided to tank. For comparison, the starting lineup of the golden State warriors only played a little over five hundred minutes together over the entire season.

There's a mistaken notion that teams play their units lime hockey lines, subbing them in and out en mass, and thst they play huge minutes together. For the most part, that just doesn't work that way.

And yes, the bench crew did play well early, although they did worse as their basic scheme got scouted, while the dlo led starting units (against the other teams best units) improved over time.

And you can go beyond that specific unit. Any unit that had the foursome of dlo, young, Deng, and mozgov, and where the fifth guy was not Clarkson (who just killed that unit while doing well with bench units) did very very well.
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject:

so, stephen curry 2.0 is shooting 29% from three, interesting. oh, 68% from the free throw line, cool
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

bballchinaski wrote:
so, stephen curry 2.0 is shooting 29% from three, interesting. oh, 68% from the free throw line, cool

Interesting how you tell everyone to let go of DLO, yet here you are. Predictable.

And i thought you didn't use things like "stats" and "numbers."
bballchinaski
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:

Interesting how you tell everyone to let go of DLO, yet here you are. Predictable.

you are the one that's predictable, you fell right into the bait. But also, d'angelo aint a laker anymore, i dont care about him, good or bad, but i agree that people should be patient about young dudes that have shown promise.

unless a player is absolutely irremediable and dire, you dont quit on players just cause they aint lebron. i dont care about the numbers, but i also havent seen enough of dlo this season. I dont watch nets games in general so i cant comment in good faith.

i was just waiting for tools like you to fall for the bait, thank you
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

bballchinaski wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:

you are the one that's predictable, you fell right into the bait. But also, d'angelo aint a laker anymore, i dont care about him, good or bad, but i agree that people should be patient about young dudes that have shown promise.

unless a player is absolutely irremediable and dire, you dont quit on players just cause they aint lebron. i dont care about the numbers, but i also havent seen enough of dlo this season. I dont watch nets games in general so i cant comment in good faith.

i was just waiting for tools like you to fall for the bait, thank you

You:

1. Don't use objective numbers: (Here: let me use numbers).
2. Don't talk about DLO: (Here: let me talk about DLO).

Who is the hypocritical "tool?"
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Might not wanna say "i was just waiting for tools like you to fall for the bait, thank you" when trolling. Best to keep that implied.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

just slide in the LGM's and say hi, you dont have to go to these lengths for the convermuhsayshin fam

Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

Someone got exposed af.
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject:

What did I miss in here? Who got exposed? Lol
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:

"Did... did I type that out loud... ?"
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Might not wanna say "i was just waiting for tools like you to fall for the bait, thank you" when trolling. Best to keep that implied.

To add to what the poster is saying without the insults. Russell is not a transcendent passer nor will he ever be. Kristaps would be nice right about now
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

To add to what the poster is saying without the insults. Russell is not a transcendent passer nor will he ever be. Kristaps would be nice right about now

There are only a couple of passers in each generation that I would say are transcendent. Russell is not a pass first guard, but he sees things that the average player does not. Some of his passes are simply spectacular. He needs to tighten it up to cut down on turnovers. It would help if he had more consistent scorers around him.
One could reasonably read your post as saying that Porzingis is a transcendent passer.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Raijin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

There are only a couple of passers in each generation that I would say are transcendent. Russell is not a pass first guard, but he sees things that the average player does not. Some of his passes are simply spectacular. He needs to tighten it up to cut down on turnovers. It would help if he had more consistent scorers around him.
One could reasonably read your post as saying that Porzingis is a transcendent passer.

In twelve games, he's racked up one assist or less eight times including zero four times.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Raijin wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

DLo is near elite vision with ok decisionmaking. As he matures, his passing will shine more and more even if he's never "transcendent" as a passer (he never should've been compared to Magic, he was always more Lillard-esque as a PG).
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Please come back...i dont care how (bleep) youre playing this year
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
As mentioned, it was one of the top twenty lineups in the league by minutes, despite the Lakers sitting members of it for a large portion of the season when they decided to tank. For comparison, the starting lineup of the golden State warriors only played a little over five hundred minutes together over the entire season.

There's a mistaken notion that teams play their units like hockey lines, subbing them in and out en mass, and thst they play huge minutes together. For the most part, that just doesn't work that way.

And yes, the bench crew did play well early, although they did worse as their basic scheme got scouted, while the dlo led starting units (against the other teams best units) improved over time.

And you can go beyond that specific unit. Any unit that had the foursome of dlo, young, Deng, and mozgov, and where the fifth guy was not Clarkson (who just killed that unit while doing well with bench units) did very very well.
I'm seeing a number of my preconceptions were off about that lineup combo, and didn't realize how few starting lineups play more than 15 minutes a game.

I had assumed Mozgov was the reason we stayed afloat defensively. Mozgov helped, but without Deng, Russell and Young in nearly any lineup failed to stop anyone, even before the tanking began. Probably due to Ingram being a rook, but I don't see him having improved enough to fill Deng's shoes on that end. Lonzo may be better than Nick at help D, but I don't see a difference when he's guarding the ball.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

There's a mistaken notion that teams play their units like hockey lines, subbing them in and out en mass, and thst they play huge minutes together. For the most part, that just doesn't work that way.

I'm seeing a number of my preconceptions were off about that lineup combo, and didn't realize how few starting lineups play more than 15 minutes a game.

I had assumed Mozgov was the reason we stayed afloat defensively. Mozgov helped, but without Deng, Russell and Young in nearly any lineup failed to stop anyone, even before the tanking began. Probably due to Ingram being a rook, but I don't see him having improved enough to fill Deng's shoes on that end. Lonzo may be better than Nick at help D, but I don't see a difference when he's guarding the ball.

This is just my $0.02 based on the numbers and the eye test, but what I found was that the starters, minus Randle (replace Randle with anyone besides Clarkson and the defense went from pretty good to elite), were actually pretty disciplined. Sure, no one is a world beater defensively, though MozDeng were probably above average. But they rotated well enough and they had pretty crazy length at every position besides the 4.

But once Russell and Young went to other more undisciplined lineups, they also started playing more undisciplined. Probably not having Deng and Mozgov to tell them to play defense was a part of it, but also the bench was a lot more freeform on both ends than the starters, which didn't work for especially Russell (who's pretty low energy).

The thing with Russell is that if he were truly that bad defensively (and Deng/ Mozgov just covered him completely), then the drop off from Russell to Calderon wouldn't be ~10 points in DRTG. I realize Calderon is atrocious defensively, but if Russell truly were a sieve, then even Calderon wouldn't be 10 points worse. There was obviously some positive from Russell.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Any reason why RPM hates DLo and DeRozan? Pretty sure DeRozan is the last player Raptors would trade.

Quote:
@AndrewDBailey

Raptors' best player in Real Plus-Minus: Kyle Lowry (62nd)
Raptors' worst player in Real Plus-Minus: DeMar DeRozan (334th)

Quote:
@AndrewDBailey

Nets' best player in Real Plus-Minus: DeMarre Carroll (58th)
Nets' worst player in Real Plus-Minus: D'Angelo Russell (307th)

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

He's had some bad plus minus showings in certain games. Though Mozgov is even worse in that department. They are giving Mozgov a +1.67 DRPM even though he has been a tire fire defensively this year. Some of that must have been allocated away from the other players in his lineup.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

bballchinaski wrote:

Steph Curry 2.0 is Booker not DLO IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2520, 2521, 2522 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2521 of 2856
Jump to: