ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
A lot of these teams have no business being on primetime

The Broncos is one of many.

Not a coincidence that the Broncos D has taken a nosedive this year while the Rams fortunes have turned around.

Denver was playing outstanding defense up until last week. The Eagles and Patriots have gutted them since. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that the team knows it's on a ship headed to nowhere with their QB situation. Lynch is probably going to be ready to play in a week or two, and if he looks bad for the rest of the year, I wonder what Elway will do in the offseason. Can they really just punt a third consecutive season away?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Been a Chargers fan since about '99. It doesn't hurt anymore. At this point if it's close then I start thinking of creative ways they'll lose the game. They've invented new ways more times than I can remember. They've made it an art form. I just laugh and smh when the game is finally over. The one constant amid all their failures is the ownership. The Spanos family are a joke.

Fish rot at the head. Joke personnel moves, joke coaching hire, and joke stadium move.

I think the Chargers weren't going to get a new taxpayer funded stadium in San Diego thats why they wanted to move out of town. Problem was LA already had a team, and whatever fans they wanted to win over that weren't Rams fans already had allegiances to other teams when the NFL was gone for 20+ years. So they will play little brother to the Rams, who in their 2nd year back in LA is probably going to the playoffs, while Chargers will play the role of the loser other team in LA.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Not a coincidence that the Broncos D has taken a nosedive this year while the Rams fortunes have turned around.

Denver was playing outstanding defense up until last week. The Eagles and Patriots have gutted them since. I think it might have a lot to do with the fact that the team knows it's on a ship headed to nowhere with their QB situation. Lynch is probably going to be ready to play in a week or two, and if he looks bad for the rest of the year, I wonder what Elway will do in the offseason. Can they really just punt a third consecutive season away?

They've given up at least 3 TD's in each of their games since their bye week in week 5, so its not like their defense is all that great this year.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

They've given up at least 3 TD's in each of their games since their bye week in week 5, so its not like their defense is all that great this year.

Yep I mean the offense is worse now than it was two years ago but the defense is too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

It was hilarious tonight when Collinsworth was trying to praise Osweiler for his performance and he literally threw an interception as the play was occurring!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Collinsworth generally needs to talk less. He provides good insight here and there, but he never shuts up and he's also considerably louder than Al Michaels. As a result, Al (who is good at what he does when he gets a chance to talk) disappears.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Dak did not look good without Zeke.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Funny, Jeff Fisher almost ruined 2 QB's last year. Jared Goff and Case Keenum.
Goff looks like a top draft pick and Keenum is doing well as the QB of the Vikings throwing for 4 TD's on Sunday.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Dak did not look good without Zeke.

I think missing LT Tyron Smith was the bigger issue. It's no coincidence that Dak got sacked 6 times by one guy in that game, 5 times directly going against the pass protection of the replacement LT, Chaz Green. If Smith can't play next week against the Eagles and that ferocious front 7, Dallas could be looking at 5-5 pretty quickly.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Goff looks like a top draft pick and Keenum is doing well as the QB of the Vikings throwing for 4 TD's on Sunday.

Keenum did throw 2 absolutely brutal interceptions in the 2nd half of that game to give the Redskins some life, but yeah, he's been solid in relief for them. I still think they are going to go back to Bridgewater as soon as Keenum gives them reason to, though. They know that Keenum is basically a solid backup-quality QB, but not a QB that's going to win you games in the playoffs, at least not 3 or 4 playoff games, which is what it takes. Bridgewater might not be up to the task, but if he's healthy, he has a much higher ceiling than Keenum does. It would be a remarkable story if Bridgewater gets in there and leads them to a division title and maybe at least an NFC Championship appearance. But you do have to give Keenum credit. He's more than kept the ship afloat so far. That's precisely what you sign a backup QB to do. The Texans or Cardinals would kill to have him right now. The Texans did have him, now that I think about it!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Yep I mean the offense is worse now than it was two years ago but the defense is too.

I think it's also their front 7 has degraded since the Super Bowl winning season.

Patriots used the same formula this year, as they and the Falcons did a year ago to beat them in Denver. Attack the LB's with non-WR passing threats.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Saints have it all, Brees, a top running game and a tough defense. Could be a great season for who dat.

It's definitely settled: it's time to take the Saints seriously. That was a total annihilation of Buffalo yesterday, and I played Tyrod Taylor in one of my 2-QB leagues so I watched the entire game. It looked like Alabama playing a non-FBS team. Buffalo couldn't do anything. At home.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Saints have it all, Brees, a top running game and a tough defense. Could be a great season for who dat.

It's definitely settled: it's time to take the Saints seriously. That was a total annihilation of Buffalo yesterday, and I played Tyrod Taylor in one of my 2-QB leagues so I watched the entire game. It looked like Alabama playing a non-FBS team. Buffalo couldn't do anything. At home.

That running game is for real. I have Brees in my FFL and he is killing me right now, I picked up Keemun and played him. Saints vs Rams could be fun.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It’s crazy, they’ve been absolutely THRASHED the last two weeks after a great start. Most people expected them to be a bottom 5 team at the start of the year, so I guess this shouldn’t be surprising, but still.

Big game for them next week against the Chargers, who have actually been playing decently well despite losing two straight. If they lose again, I think you can probably write them off — even though they’d still be atop the WC standings. Speaking of which, that 6th playoff spot in the AFC is WIDE OPEN.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It’s crazy, they’ve been absolutely THRASHED the last two weeks after a great start. Most people expected them to be a bottom 5 team at the start of the year, so I guess this shouldn’t be surprising, but still.

Big game for them next week against the Chargers, who have actually been playing decently well despite losing two straight. If they lose again, I think you can probably write them off — even though they’d still be atop the WC standings. Speaking of which, that 6th playoff spot in the AFC is WIDE OPEN.

Yeah, Buffalo's defense has collapsed. And other than garbage time against the Jets in Week 9, the offense has pretty much collapsed, too. Rivers is in the concussion protocol and if he can't play, Buffalo could very well win. Otherwise, I expect them to lose. Although you can't count on anything with the Chargers.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Collinsworth generally needs to talk less. He provides good insight here and there, but he never shuts up and he's also considerably louder than Al Michaels. As a result, Al (who is good at what he does when he gets a chance to talk) disappears.

100% agree

More is less, he should be speaking maybe 35% as often as he does now.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Stealing money for at least 10 years.

Him walking around in flip flops on Hard Knocks before the Rams played one of the most pathetic seasons in history was painful to watch.

Any coach would have been an upgrade, but the Rams may have hit gold here.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Wilt wrote:

100% agree

More is less, he should be speaking maybe 35% as often as he does now.

The typical color commentator has a half life of about three years. There comes a point where they transition from new, fresh, and interesting to boring, repetitive, and annoying. Gruden is a good example of a guy who has stayed too long. Vitale is painful. Collinsworth has managed to stay fresher than some of the others, mostly because he hasn’t become endlessly self-referential. But he has always talked too much.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

Big surprise, as the Bills have benched Tyrod Taylor and will start Nathan Peterman (and his catalog?) this week at the Chargers.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Big surprise, as the Bills have benched Tyrod Taylor and will start Nathan Peterman (and his catalog?) this week at the Chargers.

Taylor is who he is. He's an average QB who misses need to make throws from the pockets and plays Captain Checkdown too often to pad his stats. He can elude defenders as a runner here and there but isn't someone you want to mount a passing attack or a comeback. But then again Peterman's the opposite and maybe that's what they want. Still, he's too green and really could've used more time as a backup before being thrown in. McDermott's earned some leeway based on how the team has done but this is a big gamble.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I wonder if the timing of this move has anything to do with the fact they’re playing against Anthony Lynn this week.

I realize they’re running a different scheme this year, but Lynn is obviously pretty familiar with Tyrod.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I wonder if the timing of this move has anything to do with the fact they’re playing against Anthony Lynn this week.

I realize they’re running a different scheme this year, but Lynn is obviously pretty familiar with Tyrod.

This is Anthony Lynn. I don't think you need to do anything.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Zeke to decline further appeals and serve his suspension. Guess he saw what the team looked like when the OL was average, how overrated Dak was, and said no thanks.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Zeke to decline further appeals and serve his suspension. Guess he saw what the team looked like when the OL was average, how overrated Dak was, and said no thanks.

??? Dude is really good. If anything, of their skill players, it's Dez who is overrated.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
rwongega wrote:

??? Dude is really good. If anything, of their skill players, it's Dez who is overrated.

Both are.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 60 of 115
Jump to: