Former Laker Sam Jacobson, wife plead guilty in home sale fraud

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Former Laker Sam Jacobson, wife plead guilty in home sale fraud

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/11/14/former-nba-player-sam-jacobson-wife-plead-guilty-in-home-sale-fraud/

Quote:
Former NBA player Sam Jacobson, wife plead guilty in home sale fraud

HASTINGS, Minn. (AP) — Former NBA player Sam Jacobson has pleaded guilty to a fraud charge stemming from the sale of a Minnesota home.

Jacobson pleaded guilty Monday to residential mortgage fraud. His wife, Traci Jacobson, pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting. They’ll be sentenced Jan. 29.

The charges stem from the 2011 short sale of Sam Jacobson’s Apple Valley home to Traci Jacobson, who was his girlfriend at the time.

The sale barred Sam Jacobson from remaining in the home. But investigators say he and his three children didn’t move out. Traci Jacobson then sold the home, netting a profit of $176,000, and bought a new home where the couple still lives.

Defense attorneys say the couple has reached a restitution agreement with the mortgage lender.

Sam Jacobson, a star University of Minnesota player, was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in 1998. He played in 68 games across three seasons for the Lakers, Golden State Warriors and the Minnesota Timberwolves.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

what an amazing thread topic
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Loos like they will be moving into a Florida trailer park next...
Vencal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

1. Thank you Basketball Fan for even thinking of posting this.

2. Thank you PayasoLoco for a spot-on and hilarious short take.

3. I have watched almost every Laker game since the 80's, and I swear I do not remember Sam Jacobson. I had to check and was shocked to see he was the Laker's 1998 1st Round draft pick.

4. Sam Jacobson had to be a top of the line idiot to get caught short selling his house to his wife during the mortgage meltdown years.

5. Go Lakers!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I think 1998 was the Del Harris years?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Dude could dunk. I remember him from Minnesota's Final Four squad led by Bobby Jackson.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject:

How can anyone think they can get away with a scheme like this? Not too smart. Maybe if he had moved out he would have had a better chance.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

It says when he did the short sale to her, she was his girlfriend, meaning she had a different last name for all the legal paperwork.

Then after they got married and she tried to change her legal name on the loan, it tipped the bank off and upon further investigation, it was not to hard to see that he was still living there..

dumb...dumb...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

I remember playing as him on NBA Courtside! N64 rulez!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Vencal wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

3. I have watched almost every Laker game since the 80's, and I swear I do not remember Sam Jacobson. I had to check and was shocked to see he was the Laker's 1998 1st Round draft pick.

4. Sam Jacobson had to be a top of the line idiot to get caught short selling his house to his wife during the mortgage meltdown years.

5. Go Lakers!

I do remember him. He was dubbed the Jewish Jordan in college. He's one of my examples when I argue that Jerry West wasn't perfect.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

I didnt read the article but how does anyone go to jail for housing fruad after the banks committed the biggest scam on this country, subprime bastards. I think we are still going after the wrong people.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

who???
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Vencal wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

5. Go Lakers!

I do remember him. He was dubbed the Jewish Jordan in college. He's one of my examples when I argue that Jerry West wasn't perfect.

I missed the 80's & 90's for our less PC society, especially in movies & entertainment. You can give people nicknames like White Chocolate or the Jewish Jordan (as ridiculous as they may be). You can have movies like White Men Can't Jump, Gung Ho, and characters like Long Duck Dong. There were plenty of things that were outright offensive though so I guess you can't pick or choose what you change, you just have to change society as a whole.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
who???

Its Sam "mother (bleep)" Jacobson

He's the guy who ruined the housing market. I mean he has to be because it cant ever be the banks fault? and he's the only guy I've seen get sentenced so he must be the reason our economy lost 5 trillion dollars
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: