OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

On DLo/Porzingis - if both Ball and Tatum end up being good to great players, but Tatum is better at the end of the day, Maginka don't deserve to get trashed for still coming away with a damn good player.

And if Ball ends up being the best player in a talented draft, all the kudos for Maginka and the front office.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What's amazing is that the 76ers wrote off a 6th (Noel), 11th (MCW) and 3rd pick (Oak) and still have a crazy core.

Imagine if they'd drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor and Kristaps was in Philly now with Embiid, Simmons and Fultz.

Had Philly drafted KP they might not have been in a position to draft Simmons or retain their no.1 pick this past draft.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
What the Sixers also did was stockpile a bunch of assets and retain cap flexibility which the Lakers refused to do. Look at what Brooklyn got for a washed up Pierce and Garnett. The Lakers would've been in a much better position if they traded Kobe to a contender for picks and prospects. But what's done is done. Lakers have a ways to go before they catch up with Philly.

This whole "Sixers were right - The Process worked!!" narrative being floated around is a load of crap. Last time I checked they haven't been competitive in the East for a decade and a half and haven't won a 'ship in over 30 years. They should in no way, shape, or form be compared to the Lakers.

And you may as well revoke your Lakers fan card if you truly believe that the Lakers should have traded Kobe. Shame.

Last edited by Ujah's Goat on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What's amazing is that the 76ers wrote off a 6th (Noel), 11th (MCW) and 3rd pick (Oak) and still have a crazy core.

Imagine if they'd drafted Porzingis instead of Okafor and Kristaps was in Philly now with Embiid, Simmons and Fultz.

Had Philly drafted KP they might not have been in a position to draft Simmons or retain their no.1 pick this past draft.

But they would have broken a bone in his body and forced him to sit out a year?
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
What the Sixers also did was stockpile a bunch of assets and retain cap flexibility which the Lakers refused to do. Look at what Brooklyn got for a washed up Pierce and Garnett. The Lakers would've been in a much better position if they traded Kobe to a contender for picks and prospects. But what's done is done. Lakers have a ways to go before they catch up with Philly.

Agree with this. We tried to rebuild while still trying to bring in the crowds and shoot for the playoffs. It would have been better to cut bait and go all in with the youth movement. BUT at least we did get some good young talent and we have a good young coach to work with them.

No only are we behind philly in the rebuild, we are also way behind the hated Celtics.

Last time I checked, Boston is a legit contender in the East and have an arguably top-5 player in Kyrie on their team. That team was hella deep even last year and won 53 games. Great job pointing out the obvious that we are behind a team like that

Is there a contest for rebuilding teams? Philly won 28 games last season, 2 more than us. In the East. Let's revisit this discussion at the end of the season.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably

[76ers front office staff]: Hey KP, nice to meet you. Why don't you just drink this elixir and put this mask on. Oh, and I would put this stick in your mouth (as Brett Brown grabs a 2x4).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He has done that himself so far in his career
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Ujah's Goat wrote:
MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Probably

[76ers front office staff]: Hey KP, nice to meet you. Why don't you just drink this elixir and put this mask on. Oh, and I would put this stick in your mouth (as Brett Brown grabs a 2x4).

"No. 3 pick Kristaps Porzingis won't be playing due to foot injury. [Kristaps Porzingis] is officially out for the season," Philadelphia GM Bryan Colangelo announced today.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling lonzo might have a rough game tonight. Kind of a spotlight game and so far he tends to do better when its more of a random type game. (On the road, non marquee matchup, etc)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Ujah making some good points.
I'd like to see Philly do something this year before calling them a success.

They haven't been to the Conf finals since AI's finals run.
They haven't won 50 in a year since that same year.
And with their track record of injuries, who knows when they will reach that sort of success again.

That being said, I do think in today's NBA you have to get good young players. And if time comes, you have to be willing to trade some for superstars if need be. Unless you strike gold and a handful of your picks become superstars (but that's so rare isn't it?)

Anyway, so why all this talk in the Lonzo thread?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I have a feeling lonzo might have a rough game tonight. Kind of a spotlight game and so far he tends to do better when its more of a random type game. (On the road, non marquee matchup, etc)

Darn national televised games!
Hope he proves us wrong though.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

ESPN already anointing Ben Simmons as the best rookie ever, Lonzo is going to look doubly bad if he stinks it up and Ben Simmons plays like he is playing this far.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Seen a couple articles today essentially declaring Lonzo a bust. That's it folks, the media has spoken. Time to close this thread and all of us to move on.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

ESPN already anointing Ben Simmons as the best rookie ever, Lonzo is going to look doubly bad if he stinks it up and Ben Simmons plays like he is playing this far.

The media is gonna say Lonzo stinks unless he gets a triple double or scores 15+ points even though he’s had numerous good games without doing either. Simmons should be a better rookie for multiple reasons, let’s worry about who the better player is in their prime.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Man I don't give a (bleep) what simmons does as long as we get the W. I'm sure Lonzo feels the same tbh.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The media is gonna say Lonzo stinks unless he gets a triple double or scores 15+ points even though he’s had numerous good games without doing either. Simmons should be a better rookie for multiple reasons, let’s worry about who the better player is in their prime.

Specifically they are saying that Lonzo is a good player who will be in the league a long time, and Simmons is a guaranteed franchise player.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Specifically they are saying that Lonzo is a good player who will be in the league a long time, and Simmons is a guaranteed franchise player.

The narrative of the national media is certainly NOT that Lonzo is a good player, local media sure but ESPN and Fox national shows say he’s a bust quite often. I agree about that Simmons narrative though and it ain’t wrong, dudes a stud.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
epak wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Better than Magic? LOL
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

There's the whole cloud around him that's like if he doesn't shoot 40%, he's worthless as a player

It's like people don't realize how 40% for a rookie pg is super uncommon. I don't think any pg in this class is at 40% right now, and I can only think of mcw, drose, cp3 and conley to do that.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

He's probably going to have an ugly game tonight. He doesn't do well in hyped up games. He's in his own head. Should really consider a sports psychologist and I'm not joking.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

no worries....the females will be watching tonight....JC's got this
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I have a feeling lonzo might have a rough game tonight. Kind of a spotlight game and so far he tends to do better when its more of a Eric Bledsoe game. (On the road, non marquee matchup, etc)

FIFY. I have a feeling I'm gonna make fun of Eric Bledsoe alot this season.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Seen a couple articles today essentially declaring Lonzo a bust. That's it folks, the media has spoken. Time to close this thread and all of us to move on.

I kind of agree, this kid is trash.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:

I kind of agree, this kid is trash.

BTW nice air all he threw up there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 631, 632, 633 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 632 of 1688
Jump to: