OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 750, 751, 752 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject:

10 games...what a ridiculously small sample size.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
And the reality is that Ingram's going to have more great games, more bad ones, and a lot in between. But his averages are what they are and we're about 1/6th through the season. It's not a huge sample, but it's not a small one at this point either.

His great games are not 29/12/9 or 18/13/12/3/3 explosions that counteract nights like his last 3 games. That's why the numbers say what they say.

That is it in a nutshell. Ingram’s best is second-third option quality. There is nothing wrong with that, you need those players to win.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Just went to this dude's Twitter profile and his most recent tweet is a RT of one of my opinions.

cause i dont have a bias against you, just srtongly disagree in your acession of ingram, and yes i dont really care about your opinion on stuff, sometimes i agree, sometimes i dont

care to share what the tweet was? it was a shot at balls naysayers, exactly what im doing here, so at least im coherent, i have no favorites in this team

Here's an idea of three: stop going to his site and learning a bit of jargon about the game you don't know as much as be does about, and then using that knowledge to feel even better about your random "analysis" such that you disparage the expertise that brought you the knowledge you enjoy receiving either because it (and data, which is obviously bunk if it doesn't are with you) doesn't reinforce your perfect takes, or because it makes you feel like people will respect your perfect takes more if you lash out at him online and show him and us how tough and knowledeable and resistant to reality you are, or both.

Or, you could politely disagree on ingram, admit you don't really have anything but your own emotions and analysis you cant quantify for your point of view on that (which btw is ok, and doesn't even preclude you from being right!), and be a nice guy to a dude who knows a ton more about the game than you do, and stop trying to impress us here with how big a guy you are not.

what a big man you are to reply to a user after he has been banned

This all makes sense now being that you have the same IP address.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Do people really sign up for another account to do this crap?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Just went to this dude's Twitter profile and his most recent tweet is a RT of one of my opinions.

cause i dont have a bias against you, just srtongly disagree in your acession of ingram, and yes i dont really care about your opinion on stuff, sometimes i agree, sometimes i dont

care to share what the tweet was? it was a shot at balls naysayers, exactly what im doing here, so at least im coherent, i have no favorites in this team

Here's an idea of three: stop going to his site and learning a bit of jargon about the game you don't know as much as be does about, and then using that knowledge to feel even better about your random "analysis" such that you disparage the expertise that brought you the knowledge you enjoy receiving either because it (and data, which is obviously bunk if it doesn't are with you) doesn't reinforce your perfect takes, or because it makes you feel like people will respect your perfect takes more if you lash out at him online and show him and us how tough and knowledeable and resistant to reality you are, or both.

Or, you could politely disagree on ingram, admit you don't really have anything but your own emotions and analysis you cant quantify for your point of view on that (which btw is ok, and doesn't even preclude you from being right!), and be a nice guy to a dude who knows a ton more about the game than you do, and stop trying to impress us here with how big a guy you are not.

First, i wasn't aware he was banned, and second, how did you know he was banned?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The following is a somewhat flawed analysis that attempts to use a player's GameScore over his first 10 games as a predictor for stardom or bustability for lottery picks (based on Win Shares after his first four seasons) - it looks specifically at Fultz's poor start (really due to injury), and tries to extrapolate from there:

I'd like to see this normalized for age. Ingram being young relative to the rest of his draft class matters, at least to some degree.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

He pulled a Kevin Durant
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

#whatabigmanyouare
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Ingram is Odom except Brandon can go left and right. Good handles for his size, loves to get to the rim, suspect jump shot, can play point forward in a pinch. If Brandon starts rebounding, he will be Odom 2.0.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Just needs to work on that jumper. Is it bad that I have zero confidence in his shot even if he's wide open?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
#whatabigmanyouare

An insult on one of my ghost accounts is an insult to my primary account!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Lol.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
#whatabigmanyouare

This takes me back to #letgrownmentalk and #wellsfargobankaccount. Ahh memories!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

What the hell is going on in here?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:

shenanigans

high jinks

tomfoolery

things of that nature Max Kellerman
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
12 wrote:

shenanigans

high jinks

tomfoolery

Double IP account

Kevin Durant

Whatabigmanyouare
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
#whatabigmanyouare

This takes me back to #letgrownmentalk and #wellsfargobankaccount. Ahh memories!

Ima miss this place when Julius leaves and I hop on a new bandwagon

Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
12 wrote:

shenanigans

high jinks

tomfoolery

Skylarking and Horseplay
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Age 20 season

BPM

Kawhi.....................+4.3
Giannis...................+0.5
Paul George............+0.0
Average Player.........+0.0
Replacement Level....-2.0
Brandon Ingram.......-2.3

RPM

Giannis.................+0.80
Average Player.......+0.00
Brandon Ingram.....-.2.32

*RPM wasn't available for Kawhi & George at that time.

TS%

Kawhi...................57.2%
Average Player.......55.3%
Giannis.................55.2%
Paul George...........54.2%
Brandon Ingram.....49.9%

20 year old Fowards in their 2nd year, by BPM: link

I guess analytics can't get over the Russell trade either.
3 games ago, he was at 52.3 TS% and -1.1 BPM. It's quite fluid right now. He just played three terrible games, but has had some stretches of impressive play this year relative to age, even without a jump shot.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

George Mikan wrote:
Fruscas wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
bballchinaski wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Oh snap!

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

LOL. Classic.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Lol that was entertaining as hell #bigmantings

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Sigh. 😞
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Age 20 season

BPM

Kawhi.....................+4.3
Giannis...................+0.5
Paul George............+0.0
Average Player.........+0.0
Replacement Level....-2.0
Brandon Ingram.......-2.3

RPM

Giannis.................+0.80
Average Player.......+0.00
Brandon Ingram.....-.2.32

*RPM wasn't available for Kawhi & George at that time.

TS%

Kawhi...................57.2%
Average Player.......55.3%
Giannis.................55.2%
Paul George...........54.2%
Brandon Ingram.....49.9%

20 year old Fowards in their 2nd year, by BPM: link

I guess analytics can't get over the Russell trade either.
3 games ago, he was at 52.3 TS% and -1.1 BPM. It's quite fluid right now. He just played three terrible games, but has had some stretches of impressive play this year relative to age, even without a jump shot.

Numbers does not favor Ingram but the eye test tells me that his shortcomings right now are fixable. His shooting particularly his FTs are concerning but I think he’ll put it together after getting more comfortable with his new form. His lack of strength and thin frame, he has the work cut out for him. Right now we see glimpses on both ends. I don’t think he is ready to take a lead role both physically and mentally. But he will be All NBA in his prime years sans any major injury.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Bottom line.. Those on the fence in regards to Ingram will remain there until he's consistently not bad.. It's really that simple..

You won't convince those who are unconvinced no matter how artful and convincing your argument is.

Neither will those who are more reliant on stats to assess a players trajectory able to sway those who believe Ingram is something special.

Neither position can be proven right.. Projections on what he will be (player comps) are all over the place. Which are all flawed, plays well.. Giannis,KW.. Plays bad.. poor mans Taysuan lol.. He's not even a fully developed embryo, we've only seen glimpses of what his skill sets will entail.

As he develops his style of play will adjust. With a mid range shot he's something entirely different from what he is now. With a 3pt shot he's something entirely different from that. With a heavier frame he's something else all together. These variables playing out are all in the realm of possibility, which is why I think we are all jumping the gun a bit on what Ingram will be.

Time is and will be our arbiter.. Time is and will be our arbiter.. Time is and will be our arbiter.. Cant say that enough..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 750, 751, 752 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 751 of 1885
Jump to: