Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
I will always support our rooks and team but:
TWO MAX STARS OR BUST!

They aren't coming to a team that can't win over 33 games.

wrong again. they are coming to play with other all star and with an up and coming team

Sorry, all stars don't jump on 33 win teams when they're in their late 20s and want to contend for Championships.

They don't waste their time on teams that's best players are 2-3 seasons away, because they don't have that kind of time.

It's time to let the pipedream go.

This Lakers team is nowhere near ready enough for max free agents to go "We're gonna win a championship if we join them."

The team we lost to tonight actually has a better chance of selling that idea, because their young talent is already playing at an all-star or borderline all-star level. Not 2-3 years away from it, like ours.

Thanks to that Deng contract, we will have less money than Philly to spend on free agents. They gotta get rid of him somehow.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Watching all these young players and their drama I really miss Kobe.

I am even not surprised anymore because he is not coming to our games. I was asking myself why he was never on the game since he retire but its clear fro me now. The Laker roster is full of drama all the time. Blame here, blame there. Full of (bleep) IMO
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
GabKoost wrote:
lakersfan22 wrote:
Luke lost us that game. Why keep Randle on Embiid. I know embiid was hot but he was getting to the basket easily.

Denial over 8000.

We all know who cost us (once again) this game.

Who are you talking about?

Obvious he’s talking about Zo.

But seriously back to real basketball talk. I agree with you Sasha, Bogut guarding on Embiid would of gave us a much better chance. why Luke forces that small lineup towards the end of of every single game is getting ridiculous

This was a winnable game in the 4th quarter when Lonzo wasn't playing. So how was it his fault? Oh, yeah. Let's blame Lonzo like we did DLO for everything wrong with the team.

Bro fwiw im Lonzo’s biggest supporter/apologists

I was just pointing out gabkoost’s “RAY FINKLE” hate towards ZO.

Once again Sasha, 100% agree. Bogut would of gave us a better chance to win. I’m sick of LUke forcing this small ball lineup to close out games. Sure it worked 6 times but it also has failed 9 times.

Bogut looked like his usually self tonight. Glad he’s back healthy

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Worthy telling truth
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
MJST wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
MJST wrote:
Christopher Walken wrote:
I will always support our rooks and team but:
TWO MAX STARS OR BUST!

They aren't coming to a team that can't win over 33 games.

wrong again. they are coming to play with other all star and with an up and coming team

Sorry, all stars don't jump on 33 win teams when they're in their late 20s and want to contend for Championships.

They don't waste their time on teams that's best players are 2-3 seasons away, because they don't have that kind of time.

It's time to let the pipedream go.

This Lakers team is nowhere near ready enough for max free agents to go "We're gonna win a championship if we join them."

The team we lost to tonight actually has a better chance of selling that idea, because their young talent is already playing at an all-star or borderline all-star level. Not 2-3 years away from it, like ours.

The real pipedream to let go is thinking Randle is going to be any better then Trevor Booker of the nets

The juvenile "Oh I'm gonna make it about Randle now cause you're a supporter of his cause I can't deny anything you just said" response.

Ah yes, 30 year old Trevor Booker is better than 22 year old Julius Randle, and Trevor Booker wasn't putting up the numbers close to the numbers Julius puts up now till he was 29 and in the league 8 Seasons.

30 year old Trevor Booker
11/7/1.7 50% from the field

22 year old Julius Randle
11/7/1.5 on 58% from the field

Your statement is pathetic. Booker's career year isn't even better than Randle's whom is 8 years his junior. So you can take that statement somewhere. But since you have to puff your chest up and create hyperbole because "the dream" ain't happening. Here's some reality for you.

Want a statement that truly hurts? Russell is better than Lonzo, KCP and Lopez, and we aren't gonna have either KCP nor Lopez, nor two max free agents after this season while Russell will have 2 years remaining on his rookie deal as a 20 ppg scorer already at 21.

THAT is what should be hurting right now.

lakersken80 wrote:

Thanks to that Deng contract, we will have less money than Philly to spend on free agents. They gotta get rid of him somehow.

Deng's contract means diddily squat.

We could enter the off-season with 70M in cap, if we're a 30 win team with no all-star talent showing in our young roster, we're not getting any max free agents regardless.

We aren't special snowflakes anymore, and haven't been for the past 4 off-seasons. Just cause Magic gives you a wink/smile and false hope isn't gonna change what free agents are looking for and HAVE been looking for.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

these kind of games either tears a team apart or bands them together... they can either rip their coach up through social media, or rally behind him. It’s truly up to each individual ... each professional ball player here to define this season... it’ll be interesting to see who this lakers squad becomes as we get into Jan/feb.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Kobe only shows up to WNBA games, probably because theres a lot less people that show up to those games and he won't get hassled when he takes his daughters there. I'm not surprised he doesn't show up to Lakers games, he's got plenty of projects to keep him busy.
Ujah's Goat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I'm so jelly of philly's roster right now

we suck

If Embiid didn't go off on us, we may have won in a blow out. This is with us shooting 38.5% from the field and having extra-bonehead version of Randle tonight. They can keep that roster lol.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

For all of you saying Lonzo is a bust, remember how BI looked this time last year. BI only had 10 games all of last year where he shot over 50% and had no games, not one where his gamescore was over 20. Lonzo has already had 2 games over 20. BI looked scared and overmatched almost the entire year, Lonzo looks poised...he just can't shoot right now.

I'm sure a lot of you were saying that BI was a bust last year, you are wrong....he has progressed a ton. All Lonzo has to do is fix his shot and he's close to all star level and that's one of the easier things to fix.

Oh and stop talking about missing DLO. Aside from sounding pathetic, we had him for 2 years and lost almost all of our games....we've seen how that movie plays out.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Kobe only shows up to WNBA games, probably because theres a lot less people that show up to those games and he won't get hassled when he takes his daughters there. I'm not surprised he doesn't show up to Lakers games, he's got plenty of projects to keep him busy.

They don’t need him at the games. They need him at the practice facility. Or did he forget about the retirement tour?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
For all of you saying Lonzo is a bust, remember how BI looked this time last year.

BI had the luxury of having scorers and floor spacers such as Nick Young, Lou Williams, D'Angelo Russell, etc around him that allowed him to shift in and out of the offense and legitimately be a 4th option and go about the season as a project.

Lonzo however is given the task of going about the season as a rookie of the year, and is being forced to essentially be our 2nd option on offense in the starting lineup because Luke doesn't have a [expletive]ing clue how to utilize Lopez.
TheeChosenLonzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

just because you write 100 page essay, doesn't mean u are correct. Randle is no better then t booker.

Last edited by TheeChosenLonzo on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
Lonzo is not an nba player. He should have stayed at UCLA

Just dropped a triple double the other day.. not an nba player lmao

Then followed it up with a 1-9 shooting for 2 points performance. That's not even close to NBA caliber.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Just a thought. Start Clarkson and put Lonzo on the second unit. Less pressure. Maybe get his head right. Otherwise we are 2 years behind on the rebuild
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Sorry but this was some of the worst coaching I've ever seen. Why aren't the Lakers matching up with the other teams strength? Why leave Randle in there when you knew he was going to be massacred? WHat kind of offense is Walton running? I though it was all about ball movement. I'm sorry guys but I pin this loss on Luke.
Kobe85Lakeshow
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
For all of you saying Lonzo is a bust, remember how BI looked this time last year. BI only had 10 games all of last year where he shot over 50% and had no games, not one where his gamescore was over 20. Lonzo has already had 2 games over 20. BI looked scared and overmatched almost the entire year, Lonzo looks poised...he just can't shoot right now.

I'm sure a lot of you were saying that BI was a bust last year, you are wrong....he has progressed a ton. All Lonzo has to do is fix his shot and he's close to all star level and that's one of the easier things to fix.

Oh and stop talking about missing DLO. Aside from sounding pathetic, we had him for 2 years and lost almost all of our games....we've seen how that movie plays out.

Very well said.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe85Lakeshow wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Very well said.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
Just a thought. Start Clarkson and put Lonzo on the second unit. Less pressure. Maybe get his head right. Otherwise we are 2 years behind on the rebuild

Needs to clear his head playing for the South Bay Lakers and get his balls back.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

Probably a good idea for at least a couple of games.

I would probably actually just give him a few games off and start Ennis and just give clarkson another 3-4 minutes of PG time. I say that because one of the reasons we are in game and are winning a bit this year is because JC and JR have a lot of chemistry and pretty much own that 2nd unit offensively. I'd be hesitant to break that up. You think Lonzo sucks now, wait until you put hi on the floor with Bogut, Brewer and Randle...talk about a lack of shooting, dude won't have any assists.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Fracture wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
Lonzo is not an nba player. He should have stayed at UCLA

Just dropped a triple double the other day.. not an nba player lmao

Then followed it up with a 1-9 shooting for 2 points performance. That's not even close to NBA caliber.

I really want Lonzo to tear it up so I can watch you eat crow.
Mockerfab4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Preach!
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Well atleast we got the Suns next

careful, booker might go for 81.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Embiid is a crazy ass combination of Olajuwon skills with boogie cousins range. Good luck, NBA.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
3-27 from three, julius/lonzo/lopez were a combined 6-33, embiid had a career night...maybe his whole career...and we just barely lost the game. I love the fight in this team. Tonight's game just confirms what we already know

1) Lonzo can't shoot, probably needs some bench time to reevaluate his game. We can't get off to these slow starts every game. I believe in the kid, but he is gripping right now. Sit him for 2-3 games, let JC start at point.

2) We need a good defensive center. Lopez has sucked for the most part this year defensively and he has been worse than advertised offensively.

3) BI is coming along nicely, best game I've ever seen him play

4) Kuzma is pretty darn good

5) Walton has the guys playing really hard and he can't make the shots for them, 3-27 from three...we shoot even like 30% we win this game probably. He is weak in rotations, he does a good job in getting cold guys out of the game but he rides hot ones far too long.

I think we are much better than last year as a team...we have an identity. We scrap and we play D and we get to the basket. We ejected all of our chuckers off of the team and the one guy we brought on to pick up the slack, Lopez, has been very weak from 3. I get all that and that part is not Walton's fault. Walton does however need to hold Lonzo accountable for his shooting. We are about 20% through the season at this point and he is getting worse and losing confidence. I have no problem with these kind of losses, in years past we get down 10 points early and never come back....but we need to start hitting shots.

Agree with a lot of your points but I have to disagree with your Walton comments: for the most part this year (e.g. Except vs the suns recently etc) I've been frustrated at him taking out HOT players and playing cold ones far too long. I'd even venture to say most folks posting during the games here have scratched their head at Luke's tendency to do that (e.g. I've called it his rigid "auto subbing").

Last edited by DrDent on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

The 2nd unit is actually playing well. He might not want to ruin the chemistry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 69 of 70
Jump to: