After watching The philly "process" players some may believe the Grass is Greener...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:
Embiid is talented but fragile. There's a pretty good chance his career gets limited by future injuries.

Sweep the legs, sensei?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we get PG next year, bleep the process.

Add Demarcus Cousins

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ducasse2 wrote:
Embiid is talented but fragile. There's a pretty good chance his career gets limited by future injuries.

Sweep the legs, sensei?

Damn......

The Young Posters won't understand that reference because they didn't hear Jaden Smith say it

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
epak wrote:

Add Demarcus Cousins

The YOuth movement right now has Boston, Philadelphia, and Minnesota ahead of us in terms of talent. We need probably PG and Demarcus to build on our youth movement.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

Alright this Process thing is starting to make me sick.

An Fwiw I feel Joel and ben are certified studs.

Im reading on other boards and social media that Lebron will consider going to Philly over Los Angeles.

An that the Sixers are gonna be the next Dynasty when the Warriors or the Cavs are done.

Congratulations to the city of Philly for finally having the Sixers and Eagles playing good this season but tone it down a bit

This isn't the movie Rocky.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

Boston has all star vets in Kyrie and Horford. Would have been Gordon too. Their kids are brown, Tatum and smart?
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Boston has all star vets in Kyrie and Horford. Would have been Gordon too. Their kids are brown, Tatum and smart?

Kyrie and Tatum are young but they have nice first round pick again next year.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
They have a brighter future than us.

Simmons is great, but their future is tied to Embiid... and as much as I love his game, he has played a total of 42 games and is already in his fourth season. If he can right his health issues they are going to be tough, but that's a HUGE if.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
epak wrote:

Add Demarcus Cousins

The YOuth movement right now has Boston, Philadelphia, and Minnesota ahead of us in terms of talent. We need probably PG and Demarcus to build on our youth movement.

Sure the future of these teams look good.
But going back to your point if we somehow land two max superstars this offseason we'll be ahead of them imo.

An I hate to play the glamour location card but it's gonna definitely be a huge factor moving forward if we plan on signing more after Boogie and PG the following offseason.
Which I know makes me sound like a spoiled Laker fan but it's the truth.

Of course pending if PG and Boogie actually sign with us this offseason.

Would definitely be an easier sell to other free agents, much more ammunition than what Mitch had to work with in the past lol.
Who wouldn't want to play with these two superstars in Los Angeles as a Laker?

Of course will have to make adjustments in our cap and with that said I believe in Magic and Rob.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Thats a good young core for sure.

if we somehow get PG and Boogie.

Will have Lonzo, Paul George, BI , Kuzma, and Boogie.

Rivalry Renewed

But of course all of this is pending and I'm not out of touch to realize its just a possibility.
and some Celtics fans feel Anthony Davis is a strong possibility for them. But if they get AD you can take away Tatum, Brown and their first round pick

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
epak wrote:
ducasse2 wrote:

Sweep the legs, sensei?

Damn......

The Young Posters won't understand that reference because they didn't hear Jaden Smith say it

BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Give me Embiid and Simmons over PG13, Ingram, Ball, etc.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject:

Even though their stars were amazing and Embiid scored a million points, we only lost by 6 points. Yes, they were unstoppable at times, but that could have been our game. Ingram can and will take many more steps before we realize how good he actually will become. Kuzma is playing like Diet Paul George. Lonzo might become something someday. Don't worry guys. I have a feeling we will figure it out.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject:

Interesting.. I think Cousins and PG are a better combo than Embiid and Simmons. Though Simmons might end up being better than PG.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Even though their stars were amazing and Embiid scored a million points, we only lost by 6 points. Yes, they were unstoppable at times, but that could have been our game. Ingram can and will take many more steps before we realize how good he actually will become. Kuzma is playing like Diet Paul George. Lonzo might become something someday. Don't worry guys. I have a feeling we will figure it out.

Love how those guys fight out there.. They don't quit, I'm actually proud of them even in some of their loses. Hopefully Ingram and Kuz spend the entirety of their careers together.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject:

Embiid has yet to play 82 games. It'll be a matter of time when he goes down again.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Hard for me to imagine we lose this game if D'Angelo Russell is on our squad still

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

would've beaten the sixers today, even if they were having career nights. Yeah I know, DLO isn't on the team, move on blah blah blah. W/e point is, we've drafted good players too

The loss today is on Luke. He embarrassed Randle by letting him get destroyed out there

Because Lopez and Bogut were doing such good jobs slowing him down? Not really sure how that's on Luke.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
Hard for me to imagine we lose this game if D'Angelo Russell is on our squad still

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

would've beaten the sixers today, even if they were having career nights. Yeah I know, DLO isn't on the team, move on blah blah blah. W/e point is, we've drafted good players too

The loss today is on Luke. He embarrassed Randle by letting him get destroyed out there

We got the kuzma pick by getting rid of DLo. You can't assume kuzma would've been there one pick later.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Love how those guys fight out there.. They don't quit, I'm actually proud of them even in some of their loses. Hopefully Ingram and Kuz spend the entirety of their careers together.

The guys in there definitely fought. The one guy that did kind of quit, sadly, was Zo.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Go back and download yesterday's Mason & Ireland when they interviewed Kuzma. Kuz said that three teams were interested in him. The Lakers, The Nets, and The Spurs. With this evidence coming from the mouth of Kuzma himself, the chances of him being there at #28 doesn't look very good.

And then you have the actual GM of the Nets saying "who knows who would have drafted Kyle"?

Quote:
Regardless of his early-season accomplishments, Nets general manager Sean Marks doesn't give any second thoughts to trading the pick that turned into Kuzma.

"No," Marks told The New York Post's Brian Lewis. "The pick was part of the deal. Who knows who would’ve drafted Kyle? Kudos to the Lakers for that.

This is one of those things that I don't think people are ever going to agree on.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
They have a brighter future than us.

Simmons is great, but their future is tied to Embiid... and as much as I love his game, he has played a total of 42 games and is already in his fourth season. If he can right his health issues they are going to be tough, but that's a HUGE if.

That’s exactly how I feel about Embiid. If he’s healthy, he will be a HOF player and will be on the list of GOAT conversation. However, I believe Simmons can carry his own team. So Philly is way ahead of us because they already have a couple of franchise changer type of players.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

I like our future but Embiid/Simmons are legit
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

The guys in there definitely fought. The one guy that did kind of quit, sadly, was Zo.

Well maybe just maybe he does not have that in him. He certainly has the talent, we saw a lot of glimpses but to me he’s shook sometimes. Hopefully I am wrong. I saw Kobe having a pair for hoisting those 3 airballs and zero fcuks given, Zo would probably pass it after one airball. Some players are strong mentally and some players are like Lebron.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:

Ppl are just mad that ownership lives in a fantasy land where Lebron and PG are coming
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

We got the kuzma pick by getting rid of DLo. You can't assume kuzma would've been there one pick later.

Oh lord, this crap again?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: