After watching The philly "process" players some may believe the Grass is Greener...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Hard for me to imagine we lose this game if D'Angelo Russell is on our squad still

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

would've beaten the sixers today, even if they were having career nights. Yeah I know, DLO isn't on the team, move on blah blah blah. W/e point is, we've drafted good players too

The loss today is on Luke. He embarrassed Randle by letting him get destroyed out there

Well Kuzma would not be in that line-up since Kuz was acquired via trade

Why dont people get that we very HIGHLY PROBABLY could have got him with the 28th or used less assets to get him?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Our mentality should have been "Develop our draft picks for the next 3-4 seasons and see what we have" and started trying to make a legitimate run around the 2019 season.

Pretty much thinking this was Jim and Mitch's plan.

However Magic came in and is now trying to rush everything to happen by 2017 and it's hurting us more than it's helping us.

Yes. 100%

I actually think they thought that by tying the money up in Deng and Mozgov; Mitch and Jim thought they would get Jeannie/Showtime guys off their back about Free Agents while they concentrated on developing the young players (and Still having some capspace)

Ultimately, Jeannie/Showtime used these signings to hang them and then get rid of the young guys they had brought in (DLO, JR is probably next)
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Hard for me to imagine we lose this game if D'Angelo Russell is on our squad still

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

would've beaten the sixers today, even if they were having career nights. Yeah I know, DLO isn't on the team, move on blah blah blah. W/e point is, we've drafted good players too

The loss today is on Luke. He embarrassed Randle by letting him get destroyed out there

they are going to comeback and say we still could've picked up kuz. blah blah blah. point is, he was apart of the trade. and sorry as much as i liked dlo. i will take Lopez and Kuz while dumping moz, every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Go back and download yesterday's Mason & Ireland when they interviewed Kuzma. Kuz said that three teams were interested in him. The Lakers, The Nets, and The Spurs. With this evidence coming from the mouth of Kuzma himself, the chances of him being there at #28 doesn't look very good.

The team who wins the trade is usually the team that got the best player. I like DLO a lot, but if I had to choose between the two, right now it would be Kuzma. They are both about the same age, they both are masterful at their craft on offense, but I feel Kuzma offers a lot more of a complete style of play. I guess the next 7 years can tell who won the trade, but I am a fan of what i'm seeing from Kuz.

Kuzma strives as a guy who is a secondary option. He scores alot on spot ups and put backs. If Defenses are focused on him, he would struggle mightily.

DLO has been balling and playing clutch while being the focal point of the offense.

Kuzma is a nice player, but some people are getting somewhat carried away with him. But, I guess thats where we're at currently.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
epak wrote:
If we get PG next year, bleep the process.

And Lebron.

Lets say we get both:

Do we win a ring in the next two years?

If not, will they be better or us in three years?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

they are going to comeback and say we still could've picked up kuz. blah blah blah. point is, he was apart of the trade. and sorry as much as i liked dlo. i will take Lopez and Kuz while dumping moz, every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Go back and download yesterday's Mason & Ireland when they interviewed Kuzma. Kuz said that three teams were interested in him. The Lakers, The Nets, and The Spurs. With this evidence coming from the mouth of Kuzma himself, the chances of him being there at #28 doesn't look very good.

The team who wins the trade is usually the team that got the best player. I like DLO a lot, but if I had to choose between the two, right now it would be Kuzma. They are both about the same age, they both are masterful at their craft on offense, but I feel Kuzma offers a lot more of a complete style of play. I guess the next 7 years can tell who won the trade, but I am a fan of what i'm seeing from Kuz.

Kuzma strives as a guy who is a secondary option. He scores alot on spot ups and put backs. If Defenses are focused on him, he would struggle mightily.

DLO has been balling and playing clutch while being the focal point of the offense.

Kuzma is a nice player, but some people are getting somewhat carried away with him. But, I guess thats where we're at currently.
you do realize no one is focusing on the nets right? there's a reason why guys can put up great numbers on a sorry team but when they are on a team where other teams care to play them. they all of a sudden are not the same(see kevin love).
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

So can you give me any legitimate reason LeBron would choose the Lakers over the 76ers that doesn't revolve around "We're in Los Angeles" and "LeBron needs to play basketball in Los Angeles to do Los Angeles business"

One good reason is actually two good reasons, Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka

And space jam 2
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Here’s were I quit the internet for the rest of the day

Quote:
We dont know what we are dealing with in Embiid yet. Hes currently not in shape being out of condition, immobile for most of this year. He hasnt had an offseason to practice or workout since hes been drafted . Shaq was an absolute beast and Im not saying Embiid will be anothe Shaq but what I am saying is that theres a realistic possibility Embiid may be better than Shaq.

- A Sixer fan from another hoops board

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

So can you give me any legitimate reason LeBron would choose the Lakers over the 76ers that doesn't revolve around "We're in Los Angeles" and "LeBron needs to play basketball in Los Angeles to do Los Angeles business"

He isn't starring in Space Jam 2 if he is not in LA according to the Papillon guy.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

No one knows how it will turn out. Portland had a "bright future" just a few years ago, now look at them. They are barely better than us. Unexpected things happen in basketball. Who knows, next season we could be in the playoffs and they could be watching Embiid sit out 50 games yet again. I like our squad. Philly and their bandwagoners need to raise up out LAKERSground.

GO LAKERS!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

you do realize no one is focusing on the nets right? there's a reason why guys can put up great numbers on a sorry team but when they are on a team where other teams care to play them. they all of a sudden are not the same(see kevin love).

You're assuming that teams focus on the Lakers.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Why dont people get that we very HIGHLY PROBABLY could have got him with the 28th or used less assets to get him?

It’s hard to argue the likelihood of something versus the actual reality of what happened. No one can say for sure what the probability would have been:
- What if he was picked before as was pointed out by AFireInside earlier
- What if having only one pick changes the Lakers’ draft strategy (e.g. picking a backcourt player instead of the front court)
- What if they were dead set on getting the two for one with Utah
- etc.

When you have an actual fact versus an uncertain probability, most logical minds side with actual fact. It’s only here when people want to deminish the FO that reverse happens.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

We are in great shape. Zo kuz bi is going to be an all time team
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
epak wrote:
If we get PG next year, bleep the process.

And Lebron.

Lets say we get both:

Do we win a ring in the next two years?

If not, will they be better or us in three years?

They were almost not better than us without those two players.

We lost by six points with total mismanagement of timeouts by Luke and complete failure to use Bogut to slow down Embiid. We should have sent Kuzma and Ingram into Embiid over and over to try to get him into foul trouble. Sure he'd get a few embarrassing blocks but once he was gone we dominate the game. Also Ball had his worst game as a pro.

Of course we'd be better and when LeBron got old we'd sign someone else. We've learned our lesson about two year maxes for old players.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron had to choose between Space Jam 2 and Contending for more Championships.

He's gonna choose the Championships.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If LeBron had to choose between Space Jam 2 and Contending for more Championships.

He's gonna choose the Championships.

Not to mention these new generation of players don't care as much as playing in a big market compared to the previous generation. With the rise of social media, these superstars have as much of a following playing in a small market vs playing in a big market. I've heard of Lebron coming to Hollywood because he wants to make connections for his post playing career, but those connections haven't helped recruit any free agents for the Lakers in years.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
We are in great shape. Zo kuz bi is going to be an all time team

LOL. I love all the panicking now with 67 games left in season, yet all I heard was "Trust the process, the team needs to grow together" when we were getting blown out by 30 and 40 points every night. Yeah, let's all go back to those glory days lol.

Except for the first game, they have been competitive and had a chance to win all the rest. They're exciting, they play hard and you can tell they want to win. My how soon people forget what we've had to endure the last 3 years. I got it...somebody start an Official Tank Thread as a reminder.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Why are folks assessing futures based on 1 game?
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
No one knows how it will turn out. Portland had a "bright future" just a few years ago, now look at them. They are barely better than us. Unexpected things happen in basketball. Who knows, next season we could be in the playoffs and they could be watching Embiid sit out 50 games yet again. I like our squad. Philly and their bandwagoners need to raise up out LAKERSground.

GO LAKERS!

Thats what I'm saying. People get too caught up trying to predict the future. Live in the moment. We have no idea what this team will even look like by the end of the year. Things happen. Let them.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:
We dont know what we are dealing with in Embiid yet. Hes currently not in shape being out of condition, immobile for most of this year. He hasnt had an offseason to practice or workout since hes been drafted . Shaq was an absolute beast and Im not saying Embiid will be anothe Shaq but what I am saying is that theres a realistic possibility Embiid may be better than Shaq.

So Embiid is Shaq, Simmons is Magic, I guess that would make Fultz Jerry West and I'm sure Saric is Worthy. I love a rabid fan base, but let's just pump the breaks on the comparisons for those guys until they can play half a season and not require a walking cast.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:

So Embiid is Shaq, Simmons is Magic, I guess that would make Fultz Jerry West and I'm sure Saric is Worthy. I love a rabid fan base, but let's just pump the breaks on the comparisons for those guys until they can play half a season and not require a walking cast.

Still can't believe Luke left Randle on Embiid and inflated the egos of those 6er fans. There's no way he has that big 4th quarter with Bogut/Lopez on him. When your guy is getting massacred you have to throw in the towel. That was hard to watch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:

Doesn't every fan base do that? I mean we have people saying our guys are the next Magic (Lonzo) and Giannis (BI) and Worthy (Kuz). It's just fanhood.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:

Still can't believe Luke left Randle on Embiid and inflated the egos of those 6er fans. There's no way he has that big 4th quarter with Bogut/Lopez on him. When your guy is getting massacred you have to throw in the towel. That was hard to watch.

Right?

Look what he did vs GS, Wiz and the Celtics. Shaq dominated anyone and everyone.

GS 7-2-12
Wiz 13 3 18
Celtics 14 3 11

They kept him safe from Gobert, Gobert would have killed that dude
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

We are just acting butt hurt. Embiid/Simmons have been amazing this year.

We have a really nice young core too, but they will take a bit longer as they aren't as physically mature as Embiid/Simmons are right now.

No need to poo poo others just to prop our guys. We are also using a 2 max FA strategy so we aren't equally yoked IMO with the 76ers who are trying to build organically.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And space jam 2

Starting to focus on his production company. All his top guys have already moved to LA. You might not want to believe it but as long as ingram and lonzo dont die between now and free agency he is going to be here.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And space jam 2

Starting to focus on his production company. All his top guys have already moved to LA. You might not want to believe it but as long as ingram and lonzo dont die between now and free agency he is going to be here.

The word is he is focusing on his post NBA career now. He wants to be a billionaire. Rich Paul and Maverick Carter have moved to LA already. His kids and wife are supposedly are living here and going to school here. He has three tv shows being produced in LA. He doesn't have to choose between Space Jam 2 or contending for titles because he has already is makin Space Jam 2. It's coming out next year.

I think Lebron knows he's never going to catch Jordan on the court. That ship has sailed. But he can certainly surpasss Jordan off the court and be the most financially sucesssful NBA player of all time. How pissed would Jordan be if Lebron made more money than him someday? If he wants to contend for titles, then there are better choices to be made. But if he wants to be Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, LA would be the place to do it. It's not basketball decision if he came here, it would be the rest of his life decision.

Why do people like Sean Comb and Jay Z live out here? They claim NY always, but they can live anywhere they want, but they are in LA. It's because they are taking advantage of other industries outside of music and capitalizing on their money making potential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10
Jump to: