***Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns (11/17/17)***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo played a fine game if compared to how he has been playing for the past month. But if the bar used is the expectations and hype surrounding him then yeah he played badly. Im not really high on the guy. I think he is mostly hype but he is a laker and some even labeled him the savior so im gonna give him time before i throw him under the bus. Not gonna love or hate him yet just gonna support him.
JAN24/2/14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
JAN24/2/14 wrote:
Funny thing is you, who have posted 14k+ posts, is the only person having a conclusion that kcp did not play awful. Could it be that you, the veteran old guy, are wrong?

I didn't conclude that....did not conclude anything similar to that. If your point on being here is continue to act like a little troll and act tough with your keyboard....move along to annoy someone else.

I apologize for annoying you that was not my intent. It just really ticked me off when you disagreed with the evaluation made of kcp’s performance. Especially when i thought he mainly lost us the game. I dont hate the guy just hated the way he played tonight of desperately trying to put up numbers instead of playing to win. Im not a troll dont even know what that means. Just trying to see what made you state your position.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
OCWA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
12 wrote:
Lonzo made the right plays. 2 of his turn overs were passed that had too much heat on them. Easily fixable. His blown lay up hung on the rim and he took that from point blank distance.
KCP shot a 3 on a 2 on 1. He took a heat check 4 seconds into the shot clock after hitting ONE 3. He screwed up 2 lobs. And fouled booker on a lay up that would have been blocked anyway.
Lonzo's mistakes are fixable. How do you fix KCP's stupidity?
Just so I can get this straight - Lonzo (a rookie in his 16th NBA game) should be on par with a vet? Okay gotcha. Roger that.

KCP is a better basketball player than Lonzo....you do agree with that? And dont do this...

"Lonzo (a rookie in his 16th NBA game) should be on par with a vet? Okay gotcha. Roger that."

Yes, KCP is better than Lonzo just like Lou Williams was better than Russell. I'd still rather see Lonzo or Russell fail and learn than see KCP or Lou Williams. Zo, and DLO represented hope which sometimes is more powerful than who is actually better.

not trying to be rude, but i think you may have not read the original point of the discussion....nobody is suggesting anything related to playing time. i do not think anyone, at least in this discussion disagrees with what you wrote.

You're not rude I'm just drunk.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

I don't think you can simply look at the numbers.
Kcps multiple brain farts were momentum killers.
Freaking learn to throw a lob. It's not hard!
Learn to throw a bounce pass. It's not hard!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject:

We need to win the next one! NEED THIS!
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject:

P&G Nation:
We are currently 6 games back of the Rockets. We started the season with a 19 year old rookie point. We have several new players learning on the fly, due to a stunted preseason, how to play with eachother. Reading eachother in the toughest conf in the league. Have you noticed how competitive this squad has been? How exciting it is to see the character and fight in this team. Multi-digit comebacks. Humble grind. In losses, there are lessons learned. There are roles defined. There is a common goal here. We got a better record than the clippers, and they got DJ and Griffin. Two allstars. Let’s keep our eye on the longview here, and not cannibalize eachother. I’m hoping Luke is teaching them the game between the ears. The mental fortitude part. I imagine there is more than one player right now, at the practice facility watching tape, getting reps in, or working on their J. Champions are created from overcoming failure. It makes them hungry to not only prove everyone else wrong, but to affirm that they have always been right.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

(bleep) even the queens beat Portland tonight. Maybe one day we will beat the blazers
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject:

12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo was fine tonight

Not enough 2H touches for Ingram

KCP was AWFUL tonight. Drove me nuts.

Kuzma is insane

Ball: 3 of 7 (0 of 1 from 3 & 0 of 2 from FT) 6 Points, 6 rebounds 6 Assists, 5 Steals, 1 Block and 3 TO's.....and you evaluate this as "fine"

KCP: 4 of 10 (2 of 6 from 3 & 3 of 4 from FT) 13 Points, 4 rebounds 4 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 Block and 4 TO's.....and you evaluate this as "AWFUL"

There's far more than numbers in his evaluation.
KCP made some dumb ass plays. Some really really stupid momentum killing plays. Heat checks that had no business being there. And turnovers at the worst times. This is why sometimes, numbers lie

Correct.

Think KCP messed up 2-3 alley oops and decided to shoot a 4 on a 2 on 1 amongst other things

and Lonzo had some terrible TO's and his blown layups are momentum killers

Lonzo made the right plays. 2 of his turn overs were passed that had too much heat on them. Easily fixable. His blown lay up hung on the rim and he took that from point blank distance.
KCP shot a 3 on a 2 on 1. He took a heat check 4 seconds into the shot clock after hitting ONE 3. He screwed up 2 lobs. And fouled booker on a lay up that would have been blocked anyway.
Just so I can get this straight - Lonzo (a rookie in his 16th NBA game) should be on par with a vet? Okay gotcha. Roger that.

I doubt anyone is trying to justify KCP, we all know is gone next season; being the patch he is. The only reason to compare is to signal that both had a bad game.

The bigger problem, for me, is Lonzo. He's supposed to be a part of the future but shows just flashes here and there of potential. I feel he wasn't the second overall pick he'd be on the bench or the Gleague, to enable him to develop.

He's not strong enough, fast enough, engaged enough, poor defense and has no shot, except for some rare games. Again, Lonzo was way over hyped here.

That's my take
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo was fine tonight

Kuzma is insane
Ball: 3 of 7 (0 of 1 from 3 & 0 of 2 from FT) 6 Points, 6 rebounds 6 Assists, 5 Steals, 1 Block and 3 TO's.....and you evaluate this as "fine"

KCP: 4 of 10 (2 of 6 from 3 & 3 of 4 from FT) 13 Points, 4 rebounds 4 Assists, 1 Steal, 1 Block and 4 TO's.....and you evaluate this as "AWFUL"

KCP made some dumb ass plays. Some really really stupid momentum killing plays. Heat checks that had no business being there. And turnovers at the worst times. This is why sometimes, numbers lie
Correct.

Think KCP messed up 2-3 alley oops and decided to shoot a 4 on a 2 on 1 amongst other things

I doubt anyone is trying to justify KCP, we all know is gone next season; being the patch he is. The only reason to compare is to signal that both had a bad game.

The bigger problem, for me, is Lonzo. He's supposed to be a part of the future but shows just flashes here and there of potential. I feel he wasn't the second overall pick he'd be on the bench or the Gleague, to enable him to develop.

He's not strong enough, fast enough, engaged enough, poor defense and has no shot, except for some rare games. Again, Lonzo was way over hyped here.

That's my take
Some Thoughts

First pick with Philly, how well is he doing?

Tatum (third pick) which superstar is taking of the pressure shots?

Simmons and Embiid are older than Lonzo plus have been in the NBA 1-3 seasons more to have firsthand knowledge of what it takes to have success plus they have Reddick/Covington to stretch the floor

Lopez is an upgrade from Mosgov but Embiid totally handled DeAndre Jordan - many would agree is better than most teams’ centers. Lakers still have a hole at the center position

Magic had Kareem as a dependable veteran outlet
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
deal wrote:
12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
12 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
iimarshon wrote:
Lonzo was fine tonight

Kuzma is insane

Correct.

That's my take
Some Thoughts

First pick with Philly, how well is he doing?

Tatum (third pick) which superstar is taking of the pressure shots?

Simmons and Embiid are older than Lonzo plus have been in the NBA 1-3 seasons more to have firsthand knowledge of what it takes to have success plus they have Reddick/Covington to stretch the floor

Lopez is an upgrade from Mosgov but Embiid totally handled DeAndre Jordan - many would agree is better than most teams’ centers. Lakers still have a hole at the center position

Magic had Kareem as a dependable veteran outlet

+1. Borrowing from the Beattles: "Speaking words of wisdom"
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm stunned to see 40 pages of LG posts on one early season game. Jeez.

Not so stunned to see an early season loss, and only a little surprised to see a loss to Phoenix. A little disappointed, but that's the whole of it. Not a big deal.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't know what's more depressing? Lakers losing to the Suns or Celtics beating GSW winning 14 in a row looking like a Championship contender. It's a bad sign when you lose at home to the worst team in the league. That makes you the worst team in the league.

So Luke's solution to Lonzo is to still start him but tell him NOT to shoot? You shouldn't be playing in the NBA if you can't knock down open jumpers. You're hindering your teammate's ability to score if they have to play 4 against 5 on offense.
prezkuz
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

That Devin Booker kid is really good. It's hindsight, but what if he had picked him or Porzingis.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Would be nice if Stu could be a homer once in a while
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Would be nice if Stu could be a homer once in a while

That game was 2 days ago.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has been super active tonight, I love it
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo on pace for 42 minutes

9-8-7

Has a pep in his step
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

7-18 from 3
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

KCP's really coming alive this half.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo triple double.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40
Page 40 of 40
Jump to: