OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://twitter.com/HoopInDetail/status/931824452958003200 #LetIngramPass

I mentioned in the game thread that passing in the P&R is something this team needs to work a lot more on. I remember seeing this and exclaiming at the TV in relief since there were three plays before this that Randle screened his man and rolled to the basket but wasn't noticed. I guess this can just be chalked up to inexperience.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
If the Lakers get a superstar or two Brandon is going to benefit because space will open up on his dribble drives

Only if we get a superstar that is a marksman from the outside and doesn't like to operate in the same spots BI does.

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:
Ingram hasn't hit a 3 in two weeks.

That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot. Imagine when he's able to actually shoot from beyond the arc with some accuracy.

I don't agree that he's been effective as a scorer. When you don't hit 3's and hit 64% from the line on 5 attempts, you have yourself a math problem. He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
If the Lakers get a superstar or two Brandon is going to benefit because space will open up on his dribble drives

Only if we get a superstar that is a marksman from the outside and doesn't like to operate in the same spots BI does.

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.

Demarcus Cousins and Paul George would do too

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.

But apparently that’s only an 8th seed team to some.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

That's great news.. he has been able to be effective without having a 3pt shot. Imagine when he's able to actually shoot from beyond the arc with some accuracy.

I don't agree that he's been effective as a scorer. When you don't hit 3's and hit 64% from the line on 5 attempts, you have yourself a math problem. He's been better in the non-scoring parts of the game though.

But you've considered Dlo an effective scorer, yet he's shooting 68% from the stripe on also 5 a game, and only hitting 28% from deep while shooting over 5 a game. Imo, if you're taking that many shots from deep and still not hitting, that's not effective scoring. I'd rather my guy attack that paint and make those shots effectively while understanding his limitations, thus not taking the threes than keep firing and missing allowing long rebounds and fast break opportunities the other way.

Not trying to make this an Ingram vs. Dlo thing because I absolutely hate that argument, just curious as to your thinking as to why you've given props to one guy as a scorer but not to the other?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.

But apparently that’s only an 8th seed team to some.

Lonzo, BI and Kuzma will make inceremental improvements to their games next year. Who knows, Brandon and Lonzo might even find their 3pt stroke next year similar to how Jaylen Brown found his at 21. Add PG13 and Boogie to the mix and you’ve yourself a top 5 or 6 seed team in the west.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

I didn't say he was an effective scorer. Though when he's playing within the offense I believe he is. I meant his overall play is effective and a net plus for the team without the 3.

Which bodes well, once those shots start to fall I'd imagine he'd be even more effective.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

I wouldn't really say that's good news.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

But you've considered Dlo an effective scorer, yet he's shooting 68% from the stripe on also 5 a game, and only hitting 28% from deep while shooting over 5 a game. Imo, if you're taking that many shots from deep and still not hitting, that's not effective scoring. I'd rather my guy attack that paint and make those shots effectively while understanding his limitations, thus not taking the threes than keep firing and missing allowing long rebounds and fast break opportunities the other way.

Not trying to make this an Ingram vs. Dlo thing because I absolutely hate that argument, just curious as to your thinking as to why you've given props to one guy as a scorer but not to the other?

Russell is averaging more points than Ingram at a higher efficiency while playing 6 less minutes a game.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Russell. Older.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

I wouldn't really say that's good news.

Well, yea it's great news for obvious reasons.

He's managed to play some really good games without shooting from 3. Which means when that shot starts to fall he'll have a well rounded game.

Him not making them now doesn't mean he wont be making them forever.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

You can be an effective scorer without hitting 3s. I generally looks at points scored compared to shot attempts. 14.9 points and 12.5 shot attempts is respectable imo. Just to compare that to DLOs second year... 15.6 points on 13.8 shot attempts.

He's not shooting 3s but he's getting to the line. That's where he's making up his lack of outside shooting.

As with most kids, he will have a better second half of the season too.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
governator wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Like a Klay?

Yeah, Klay would do.

manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

This is more of a 'he doesn't score the way I want him to score' problem, no? Been Simmons doesn't shoot 3s and is below 60% from the line on 5 a game.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

This is more of a 'he doesn't score the way I want him to score' problem, no? Been Simmons doesn't shoot 3s and is below 60% from the line on 5 a game.

That's the point I'm making. GT is an adamant believer in shooting. Doesn't believe you can succeed from the perimeter if you don't have a consistent three point shot. He's already shown flashes of a midrange game and the three point shot will come, but it's just not there yet and instead of the patience that was awarded to Russell by him (who doesn't always have the same release being off balance quite frequently) he just claims the jumper isnt coming and doubts it will. Then claims him an ineffective scorer despite frequently being the only guy keeping us in games at times when no one else besides Kuzma is stepping up. I call that pretty effective.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

HatersGround...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

? Ingram isn’t in Simmon’s orbit, horrible comparison. All you have to do is watch the games where the defense shuts down Ingram’s ability to drive and he is useless. No need to panic but without a shot he is limited.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Simmons is 6'10 with great athleticism and PG handles, he doesn't need a shot to be effective.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

? Ingram isn’t in Simmon’s orbit, horrible comparison. All you have to do is watch the games where the defense shuts down Ingram’s ability to drive and he is useless. No need to panic but without a shot he is limited.

Does Simmons hit 3's? Does he shoot well from the line? Because that was the comparison.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

If Ingram could defend PFs like Simmons, this would be less of an issue.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

Agreed.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

https://www.fanragsports.com/brandon-ingram-development-an-early-positive-for-lakers/

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
manlisten wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Practice wrote:

Agreed.

If Ingram could get to the volume and efficiency that Simmons is at around the rim, it's a different equation. Simmons also isn't remarkable because of his scoring, it's because he's about a league average scorer on about league average efficiency (54.2 TS% vs. Ingram's 50.7 TS%) AND he's a great shot creator.

But when you're talking about a guy whose offensive contributions are pretty much restricted to scoring, not shooting 3's and not being particularly efficient from the line is definitely a math problem.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 763 of 1885
Jump to: