Cari Champion expected to replace Michelle Beadle on SportsNation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Cari Champion expected to replace Michelle Beadle on SportsNation

http://thebiglead.com/2017/11/15/cari-champion-expected-to-replace-michelle-beadle-on-sportsnation/

Quote:
Cari Champion Expected to Replace Michelle Beadle on SportsNation

Cari Champion is expected to replace Michelle Beadle on SportsNation when Beadle begins prep for ESPN’s upcoming morning program, Get Up, with Mike Greenberg and Jalen Rose, The Big Lead has learned from two people with knowledge of the news. Unauthorized to speak publicly on the matter, the people requested anonymity. An ESPN spokesperson declined to comment.

The deal is not finalized yet but all appearances are the program will head in that direction. The transition is likely still months away because the debut of the morning show has had construction delays and won’t happen until Spring 2018.

Currently, Cari hosts SportsCenter Coast to Coast with David Lloyd. That program will come to an end around the same time the Greeny/Beadle/Rose combination ends, making way for a show co-hosted by Bomani Jones and Pablo Torre. The former host of First Take also leads an Uber-branded campaign in conjunction with Uninterrupted, the digital media platform founded by LeBron James and Maverick Carter.

As soon as it became apparent that Beadle was the frontrunner to join the morning show, Cari was the most likely candidate to take her spot on SportsNation.

Nevertheless, one other ESPNer who the other hosts of SN — LZ Granderson and Marcellus Wiley — thought would be a good fit is Elle Duncan because of her background with the improvisational talk radio conversation format. It was announced this week that Duncan, along with Katie Nolan, would be one of the hosts on ESPN’s new daily SportsCenter show on Snapchat.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

GREAT! can't stand Beadle. Champion is awesome.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I don't really care about this turnover on ESPN, but Beadle is fantastic. I haven't watched her much on SportsNation, but based on her NBA broadcast, she's a very talented, effortless broadcaster. She's quick, enthusiastic, and just knows how to lead a pre-game and halftime show.

As for Carri Champion, I saw her on First Take a few times when she moderated that monstrosity, she was decent, considering she would speak about two sentences per show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Cari is pleasing to the eye. She doesn't possess Jemele presentation skills. Jemele can hold her own in most sports issues debates. She does her homework, I don't think Cari does.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Cari is pleasing to the eye. She doesn't possess Jemele presentation skills. Jemele can hold her own in most sports issues debates. She does her homework, I don't think Cari does.

that's probably why I think she's fantastic.

not to mention she's also a laker fan.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
jodeke wrote:

that's probably why I think she's fantastic.

not to mention she's also a laker fan.

Not surprised, she was born in Pasadena. My nephew says she's not that hot up close and personal. Said it's the makeup. Also said Josina Anderson doesn't look that good in person, to much makeup.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

you're ruining this for me.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
you're ruining this for me.

LINK

DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject:

Beadle is an anti-kobe C#$@

I won't watch any progame she is on.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: