Ray Allen claims he is a victim of "catfishing"

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Ray Allen claims he is a victim of "catfishing"

Ray Allen: Communicated with man who pretended to be many women

Quote:
Retired NBA star Ray Allen said he is a victim of "catfishing," and has asked a court to throw out a case where he is accused of stalking someone he met online.

Allen filed an emergency motion in Orange County, Florida, on Tuesday, one day after Bryant Coleman told the court he is being stalked by the 10-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion.

Allen said Coleman is the one who is stalking.

"Coleman pretended to be a number of attractive women interested in Ray Allen," read the motion filed on Allen's behalf. "Ray believed he was speaking with these women and communicated with them."

LINK

Guy is married, online trying to pick up multiple women, and views himself as the victim.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Ray Allen claims he is a victim of "catfishing"

adkindo wrote:

Quote:
Retired NBA star Ray Allen said he is a victim of "catfishing," and has asked a court to throw out a case where he is accused of stalking someone he met online.

Allen filed an emergency motion in Orange County, Florida, on Tuesday, one day after Bryant Coleman told the court he is being stalked by the 10-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion.

"Coleman pretended to be a number of attractive women interested in Ray Allen," read the motion filed on Allen's behalf. "Ray believed he was speaking with these women and communicated with them."

LINK

Guy is married, online trying to pick up multiple women, and views himself as the victim.

Did you ever read the article? It sure sounds like Allen and his family are being victimized by this account. Whether he was attempting to cheat on his wife is another matter (and for all we know they have an open marriage).
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

Once Mr. Shuttlesworth decided to take this into the legal system, he opened the flood gates for people outside of this to judge him by making his personal behavior public domain. There's no controlling how people choose to view his actions. Some folks hold marriage in a higher regard than others.

For me, I would be particularly concerned about how this shakes out for the rest of his family. If they do not have an open marriage arrangement, then I feel for his wife and kids.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking Ray Ray should leave social media alone. It ain't for everybody.

https://deadspin.com/5433821/ray-allen-is-having-some-issues-with-twitter
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Once Mr. Shuttlesworth decided to take this into the legal system, he opened the flood gates for people outside of this to judge him by making his personal behavior public domain. There's no controlling how people choose to view his actions. Some folks hold marriage in a higher regard than others.

For me, I would be particularly concerned about how this shakes out for the rest of his family. If they do not have an open marriage arrangement, then I feel for his wife and kids.

I think that's all irrelevant to the main point. Even if he did cheat on his wife, that wouldn't change the fact that this guy is alledgingly stalking Allen's family and trying to blackmail them. What's Allen and his family supposed to do? Just put up with it so that people don't find out he cheated?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Allen claims he is a victim of "catfishing"

adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

I am with you on this one. This is like going into a grocery store, stealing a bunch of (bleep), trying to run out and getting shot in the leg. Then, pressing charges on the owner and claiming you're the victim. Karma bit him in the ass this time.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ray Allen claims he is a victim of "catfishing"

BadGuy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Quote:

LINK

I am with you on this one. This is like going into a grocery store, stealing a bunch of (bleep), trying to run out and getting shot in the leg. Then, pressing charges on the owner and claiming you're the victim. Karma bit him in the ass this time.

I wonder if you guys actually read the article. The guy who catfished Allen is doing things like going to his wife's restaurant, hanging around her and posting items about their children. If you think that's cool or just "karma," I don't know what to say. Personally, I think the guy should be in jail.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/11/21/ray-allen-accuser-gay-relationship-denial/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2017/11/21/ray-allen-accuser-gay-relationship-denial/

Looks like Ray's biggest fear is no longer whether he's invited to the Celtics championship reunion.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

Looks like Ray's biggest fear is no longer whether he's invited to the Celtics championship reunion.

The fog surrounding this story is starting to clear out a bit. Hope this man don't have receipts.

RayRay...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

If I could find a gif of Rajon Rondo laughing at Ray Allen I would post it.

(Disclaimer: Of course if Ray is in that closet and this is how he was outed that would change things a bit)
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

oh me oh my
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Almost as weird as that Birdman situation. What’s with these Heat role players.

They need to stay off the internet.

Last edited by RestEasyBlackMamba on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

lmao drafted before kobe
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/man-who-reportedly-catfished-ray-allen-believes-allen-wants-to-kill-him/ar-BBFONPC?li=BBnbfcL

Quote:
Man who reportedly catfished Ray Allen believes Allen wants to kill him

Ray Allen has found himself wrapped up in a bizarre legal battle with a man who allegedly fooled the former NBA star in a catfishing scheme, and Allen’s representatives say the man is trying to make himself sound like the victim.

According to new court documents obtained by TMZ, Bryant K. Coleman claims he is being stalked by Allen and that he has reason to believe Allen wants him dead. Coleman, who claims he was in a relationship with Allen for three years, alleges that Allen has physically threatened him. Here’s more:

In the docs, Coleman claims Allen called him on the phone on Sept. 9 — after their alleged 3-year relationship had ended — and said he wanted to “ensure that I went away and never opened my mouth again.”

“He said he wanted me to get what I deserved.”

Coleman says Allen has “repeatedly spied on me by sending his associates to follow me in my community.” One incident allegedly took place in a Publix market on Oct. 10 where Coleman says a man approached him and told him to “watch your back.”

Coleman also claims he received a phone call from someone threatening to strangle him — and he believes the caller was Ray Allen.

Coleman added that he saw Allen in public recently with two armed men and believes the NBA’s all-time 3-point leader is planning a “more direct attack.”

Allen’s attorney, David Markus, called Coleman a “deranged individual” and said he has been harassing Allen and his family.

“As with everything else related to Briant or Bryant Coleman, his petition for a restraining order was filled with lies, falsehoods and fantasies,” Markus told TMZ. “He is a seriously deranged individual who Ray Allen has never met, never spoken with directly or threatened in any way. Coleman is the stalker here who is obsessed with Ray.”

Allen and Coleman supposedly met online when Coleman pretended to be various women, hence the catfishing claim from Allen. Allen has been married to his wife Shannon since 2008, and the couple has three children together.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: