Laker Film Room (Pg. 91: Pete Signed By Lakers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Nice job , Pete.
A bit depressing but for the Kuz.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I love that we got to see Bogut's glorious offball moving screen three different times on that Lonzo 3
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow, listening to the Randle segment of the new pod and things are getting spicy totally agree with everything being said here
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Which reminds me...

Podcast: One Month In

http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2017/11/21/laker-podcast-one-month/
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

thx dood

keeping an eye on the seatgeek prices for the nuggets game december 2

if I can get a cheap enough deal I'm going to go and will be sure to use your code
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
thx dood

keeping an eye on the seatgeek prices for the nuggets game december 2

if I can get a cheap enough deal I'm going to go and will be sure to use your code

Really appreciate that, man. Hoping to make a good impression on them and establish a long term relationship.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Loved the exchanges between you and Darius in the last podcast. I think you both bring up excellent points regarding the evolution of the offense, and our players' abilities/potential to run the pass oriented/motion offense Luke seems to want. Both perspectives - your tempered disappointment and Darius' patient optimism - are valid.

I really do think there are signs that the Lakers are trying to become the 300 pass team that Luke wants. Darius mentioned a fair point, that a pass requires an open teammate to pass to. We have a team bereft of shooters, guys who like to play in the same spots (Brewer/Hart, Clarkson/KCP, Nance/Randle) and a team that has focused on D to the obvious detriment of some offensive discipline - all of that is a recipe for some confused and congested half court sets.

Still, our team tries to pass and often forces those passes - this is why, as a point that wasn't brought up in the pod, the team has so many turnovers and is currently something like 24th in the league in turnover rate. I actually take that to be a positive sign when you consider that Golden State, in its beginning before they became the behemoth they are today, had a serious problem with turnovers. They want to pass the ball, but whether it be roster issues, lack of spacing because of our poor shooting or, yes, a lack of detailed offensive instruction due to more of a defensive focus, they either don't have the opportunity for those passes or don't know yet how to create them without turning the ball over. I imagine as our turnover rate goes down, we'll become more and more of that passing team we want to be.

Finally, love the love that Randle is getting. I tend to agree he's been our best player thus far. It's disappointing Luke continues to mess with his minutes. He's earned more - which has been clear since the preseason - and we're a better team when we play him. The only explanation for not giving him more minutes is something personal going on between Luke and him that we're not privy to IMO. Anytime you hear Luke talk about Randle, there is a hint of those problems, so it must still be going on. Anyway, I've been on the Randle island with Darius this whole time with a few others... glad to see we're becoming a tourist destination.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
mrand
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Loved the latest pod (as usual). You and Darius really compliment each other

Once the Playoffs are out of reach, i am curious to what degree Luke is going to experiment with lineups and rotations and how much they are influenced by the fo (increasing trade value, etc)

Would love to see Julius as a starting Center with Lonzo KCP BI Kuz and see how much he can give you with increased responsibilty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Loved the exchanges between you and Darius in the last podcast. I think you both bring up excellent points regarding the evolution of the offense, and our players' abilities/potential to run the pass oriented/motion offense Luke seems to want. Both perspectives - your tempered disappointment and Darius' patient optimism - are valid.

I really do think there are signs that the Lakers are trying to become the 300 pass team that Luke wants. Darius mentioned a fair point, that a pass requires an open teammate to pass to. We have a team bereft of shooters, guys who like to play in the same spots (Brewer/Hart, Clarkson/KCP, Nance/Randle) and a team that has focused on D to the obvious detriment of some offensive discipline - all of that is a recipe for some confused and congested half court sets.

Still, our team tries to pass and often forces those passes - this is why, as a point that wasn't brought up in the pod, the team has so many turnovers and is currently something like 24th in the league in turnover rate. I actually take that to be a positive sign when you consider that Golden State, in its beginning before they became the behemoth they are today, had a serious problem with turnovers. They want to pass the ball, but whether it be roster issues, lack of spacing because of our poor shooting or, yes, a lack of detailed offensive instruction due to more of a defensive focus, they either don't have the opportunity for those passes or don't know yet how to create them without turning the ball over. I imagine as our turnover rate goes down, we'll become more and more of that passing team we want to be.

Finally, love the love that Randle is getting. I tend to agree he's been our best player thus far. It's disappointing Luke continues to mess with his minutes. He's earned more - which has been clear since the preseason - and we're a better team when we play him. The only explanation for not giving him more minutes is something personal going on between Luke and him that we're not privy to IMO. Anytime you hear Luke talk about Randle, there is a hint of those problems, so it must still be going on. Anyway, I've been on the Randle island with Darius this whole time with a few others... glad to see we're becoming a tourist destination.

I hear you regarding having someone to pass to that's open, and that's why I made the point regarding the quality of our screens and I didn't bring up the seeming lack of weak side movement. I think those things contribute to the turnovers as well. But they are passing more recently.

Randle has earned it. I'm not an unfair person.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

mrand wrote:

Once the Playoffs are out of reach, i am curious to what degree Luke is going to experiment with lineups and rotations and how much they are influenced by the fo (increasing trade value, etc)

Would love to see Julius as a starting Center with Lonzo KCP BI Kuz and see how much he can give you with increased responsibilty.

Thanks, man. And right there with you regarding Randle as the starting Center. More importantly, I hope he's the starting Center for the 2018-19 Lakers.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
mrand wrote:

Thanks, man. And right there with you regarding Randle as the starting Center. More importantly, I hope he's the starting Center for the 2018-19 Lakers.

Do you think he will be as effective as a starting center vs. a super role player center? That's my only question regarding him as a starting 5. I really want Luke to try it out but there's some politics behind Lopez starting vs. coming off the bench
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
mrand wrote:

Do you think he will be as effective as a starting center vs. a super role player center? That's my only question regarding him as a starting 5. I really want Luke to try it out but there's some politics behind Lopez starting vs. coming off the bench

If they gotta sign a Zaza-type to play the first shift of each half that's fine too.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
mrand wrote:

If they gotta sign a Zaza-type to play the first shift of each half that's fine too.

Yeah, just need a guy to fill those shifts whether starting or not.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

If OKC continues to struggle I would not be surprised if Presti goes
for some young talent for PG.

Maybe PG and Collison for Clarkson, Randle, Brewer + future pick
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Marauder
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! I love videos like this that help me learn not only about how the Lakers are doing, but also about basketball in general.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Marauder wrote:
Thanks! I love videos like this that help me learn not only about how the Lakers are doing, but also about basketball in general.

Me too. I'd tip him some Dogecoin or Ethereum if he was into that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Marauder wrote:

Sounds kinky, I'm in.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Marauder wrote:

Sounds kinky, I'm in.

I see some youtubers posting Bitcoin and Ethereum addresses (Dogecoin's kind of an old joke; worth 1/5 of a cent so you boast about sending 1,000). If you wanted addresses just install Exodus or Jaxx.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I think this video is also a great window into some of the issues that plague the Lakers offense.

In descending importance:

1) No one can make a shot, even when they get a good look
2) Only one guy can set his man up off the dribble into a ball screen, and that guy has tunnel vision
3) Poor screens
4) No or few automatics once the initial pass is taken away.

Btw, didn't the weak side pindown used to be called 'Weak Elbow Quick' ?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 42 of 93
Jump to: