OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
i think it won't be so much a switch thats flipped but he'll start getting that old confidence back in increments. those two 3's he sank in junk time, while no bearing in the game, i think may help him in knowing he can still hit those.

it was the best part of the game.
I think he should be given the green light and left on during blowouts in either direction just to fix his shot.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

If only this kid had Van Exel's swagger and intensity. (I've been in a 90s Lakeshow mood lately )
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 am    Post subject:

I love that our 3 future hall of famers zo, bi, kuz are all low key but super flashy
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

0-3 in hyped up national tv match ups. Cant wait til we start blowing out teams we are suppose to beat
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Why is he kicking the ball to the wing so early. He is treating the rock like a hot potato.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Lonzo needs to start making free throws. His 43% from the FT line is absolutely abhorrent.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Lonzo needs to start making free throws. His 43% from the FT line is absolutely abhorrent.

He needs to find someone better than him to show him how to do it.
How about Shaq or Andre Drummond?

Jokes aside, I've been harder on Lonzo than anyone here, I said he didnt look NBA caliber to me but I think he's been a lot better the last few games. He's starting to look like an NBA player...a rookie but an NBA player nonetheless. Hopefully the rest of his game comes along, too. He can't be dead last in all scoring stats.

P.S This was noiiiiiceeee

pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

May just be me, but I find that if he’s going to stick with that awkward release on his actual jump shot, he needs to stay consistent and use it on his free throws. Or if he wants to correct his form (the way his free throw looks like it’s attempting to do), then he needs to go all in and correct his form on his jumpers as well. This inconsistent approach to both is not going to work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

Zo's defense has been very good for a rookie when he is engaged.
11 point, 7 rebound and 11 assists (double-double) He has issues but that was a pretty good effort by Zo overall.
That poster was a thing of beauty (should have been & 1).

Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Why is he kicking the ball to the wing so early. He is treating the rock like a hot potato.

Exactly, he needs to continue to the rim on much more of those plays.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

because he's not used to being a ball dominant PG
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Jokes aside, I've been harder on Lonzo than anyone here, I said he didnt look NBA caliber to me but I think he's been a lot better the last few games. He's starting to look like an NBA player...a rookie but an NBA player nonetheless. Hopefully the rest of his game comes along, too. He can't be dead last in all scoring stats.

The notion that Lonzo hasn't looked like an NBA player for most of this season is one of the silliest things I've ever read in my 12 years on this site.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

The notion that Lonzo hasn't looked like an NBA player for most of this season is one of the silliest things I've ever read in my 12 years on this site.

I'll attest that the notion is pretty silly in the years preceding your join date too. Lonzo has shot like crap, but he's shown he can do everything else well and his D has been way better than expected.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject:

something about those last two 3 pointers was somewhat re-assuring.
i know it was in junk time but I recognized the player from Chino/UCLA in those shots.

Lets hope it continues and during a time when it matters.
KungPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Forget his defense, passing, and threat to get a triple double almost every night...he didn't look like an NBA player until he hit those two garbage time threes!
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

I’ve only been here a month, but I know you’re speaking the truth here.

Everybody’s got an opinion, but not everyone should.

Imagine how beautiful the world would be if only people who COULD be good parents had kids. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

because he's not used to being a ball dominant PG

Wrong he’s always done that and they are usually the right play. He’s getting his teammates the ball before the D is set. It’s on his teammates to make a play at that point or get the ball back to him. Those plays are a big reason why I think stars will wanna play with him.

Those passes are exactly the opposite of what a typical ball dominant pg would do.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
something about those last two 3 pointers was somewhat re-assuring.
i know it was in junk time but I recognized the player from Chino/UCLA in those shots.

Lets hope it continues and during a time when it matters.

The first one over Fox was vintage UCLA lonzo. The confidence, arc looked really good and with the range that had everyone about Lonzo. He has always had the range but for whatever reason it’s been real ugly this season and it’s not like opponents are in his face either. Hopefully he continues to make shots like those two 3s.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

If you want to read something sillier just read this thread regularly, sadly something will top that pretty soon.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

Imagine how beautiful the world would be if only people who COULD be good parents had kids. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

There have been players in the past with elite skills that couldnt cut it at the NBA level, meaning they werent NBA caliber players.
Of course the first that comes to mind is the player no one likes to acknoeledge in comparisons to Lonzo, Kendall Marshall.
Elite passing, vision and playmaking. Could hit the occasional 3. Wrll we know how that went.

I cant remember the last time there was a player dead last in all scoring and shooting stats...and as a PG at that. Heck when we started Chucky Atkins and Smush Parker, they were not as bad.
Lonzo had nothing at first. Historically bad shooting, inability to get to the rim, not a threat to drive to the basket..if that keeps up despite other things he will be out of the league or at best a backup.

So all in all I kinda agree with Nick Wright's metaphor, being good at all arond game but not scoring as a PG is like being a TV host with tourette's.

But all in all, despite how little I thought of Lonzo, he got a bit better the last few games. Hope he continues improving.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

There have been players in the past with elite skills that couldnt cut it at the NBA level, meaning they werent NBA caliber players.
Of course the first that comes to mind is the player no one likes to acknoeledge in comparisons to Lonzo, Kendall Marshall.
Elite passing, vision and playmaking. Could hit the occasional 3. Wrll we know how that went.

I cant remember the last time there was a player dead last in all scoring and shooting stats...and as a PG at that. Heck when we started Chucky Atkins and Smush Parker, they were not as bad.
Lonzo had nothing at first. Historically bad shooting, inability to get to the rim, not a threat to drive to the basket..if that keeps up despite other things he will be out of the league or at best a backup.

So all in all I kinda agree with Nick Wright's metaphor, being good at all arond game but not scoring as a PG is like being a TV host with tourette's.

But all in all, despite how little I thought of Lonzo, he got a bit better the last few games. Hope he continues improving.

The fact that you lump Chucky Atkins, Smush, K Marshall in the same sentence with Lonzo is all I need to know. You look at NOTHING but shooting. They shot better than Lonzo, so they were better players? I was so worried about all this talk that he's a bad defender, but I've been super impressed. His rebouding is amazing, and I think it's a mircale he gets as many dime as he does with our inconsistent shooters. Yeah, he can't shoot right now, and that will fool the "casual" fans into thinking he's not NBA caliber or freaking Chucky Atkins is better. LOL!
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

You know what they say about quicksand, right?

The more you move, the more you sink. Think about that over your cereal tomorrow morning before you dig your heals in to defend this infantile position anymore than you have already.

As many have said, it’s silly.

You can have Chucky. Give me Lonzo Ball on his first day ... any day.

Somebody get this man a white flag please.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

The fact that you lump Chucky Atkins, Smush, K Marshall in the same sentence with Lonzo is all I need to know. You look at NOTHING but shooting. They shot better than Lonzo, so they were better players? I was so worried about all this talk that he's a bad defender, but I've been super impressed. His rebouding is amazing, and I think it's a mircale he gets as many dime as he does with our inconsistent shooters. Yeah, he can't shoot right now, and that will fool the "casual" fans into thinking he's not NBA caliber or freaking Chucky Atkins is better. LOL!

He lost me with this gem...
Quote:
if that keeps up despite other things he will be out of the league or at best a backup.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:
Staccatos wrote:

I'll attest that the notion is pretty silly in the years preceding your join date too. Lonzo has shot like crap, but he's shown he can do everything else well and his D has been way better than expected.

Above replacement level by Pelton's all-in-one metric WARP, which is weighted by him for 3-point shooters because of the added floor spacing component. By age and position, he's a stud.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject:

people take Nick Wrights opinion on sports seriously
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 707, 708, 709 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 708 of 1688
Jump to: