OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
also....some may laugh at me, but I still think Dewayne Dedmon could be a fit on this team, especially if we add some offensive firepower

Why would anyone laugh at 45% 3pt shooting with 60% overall fg% and defense? Wonder if he opts out how much he'd cost.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

GrowrPrstne_MatthewMalone wrote:
here's a good website listing all the 2018 free agents in order by how much their currently making

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2018/

some good notable names with good value money wise i see is

demarcus cousins who is making 5mil less than lopez but i'm sure he'll want way more than he's making now

jabari parker only at 7mil a year but has history of injuries but if healthy is a dam good productive player ,, restricted free agent though and most likely bucks will match any offer

jhalil oakafor only at 4mil dude can score 20 a night easy but his defense is non existent

alex len only 4mil not great but he'll at least play better D than lopez

jeff green at only 2mil can drive pretty good and shoots pretty good if he's got the open shot

rodney hood 1.5mil can hit open 3's but he's a restricted free agent so utah will most likely match any offer

of course lebron & paul george there too , i don't think we have a shot at lebron , he's not gonna want to go to a young team that's still on its way up and few years away from reaching its full potential .... paul george on the other hand depending on how much he wants to come home to play we really have a shot at him if magic can close the deal

If LeBron comes here, it's because another star is coming with him and the Lakers have indicated they are willing to move a young piece to get another star via trade.

Personally, I love the idea of LeBron, but if we can find a way to sign Boogie, George, and keep Randle then add cheap veteran FA's/shooters, I'd love that team going forward.

Cousins/Randle
Kuzma/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject:

This thread always entertains me. It is Disneyland on the internet.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
here's a good website listing all the 2018 free agents in order by how much their currently making

demarcus cousins who is making 5mil less than lopez but i'm sure he'll want way more than he's making now

jabari parker only at 7mil a year but has history of injuries but if healthy is a dam good productive player ,, restricted free agent though and most likely bucks will match any offer

jhalil oakafor only at 4mil dude can score 20 a night easy but his defense is non existent

jeff green at only 2mil can drive pretty good and shoots pretty good if he's got the open shot

rodney hood 1.5mil can hit open 3's but he's a restricted free agent so utah will most likely match any offer

of course lebron & paul george there too , i don't think we have a shot at lebron , he's not gonna want to go to a young team that's still on its way up and few years away from reaching its full potential .... paul george on the other hand depending on how much he wants to come home to play we really have a shot at him if magic can close the deal

If LeBron comes here, it's because another star is coming with him and the Lakers have indicated they are willing to move a young piece to get another star via trade.

Personally, I love the idea of LeBron, but if we can find a way to sign Boogie, George, and keep Randle then add cheap veteran FA's/shooters, I'd love that team going forward.

Cousins/Randle
Kuzma/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

I love that group. Let's look at minutes:

Cousins (36), Randle (12)
Kuzma (12), Randle (18), Nance (18)
BI (24), Kuzma (24)
PG13 (36), BI (12)
Lonzo (36), ?? (12)

Total minutes:
Cousins, Kuzma, BI, PG, Lonzo (36)
Randle (30)
Nancy (18)
backup point guard (12)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Elaborate please. I need a good laugh after that game. Whether it's at your expense or someone else's.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

Cousins/Randle
Kuzma/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo

Expect we might not keep Randle either hell he might be bait to get rid of Deng. Also two all stars is enough.

Last edited by fontana3d on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
GrowrPrstne_MatthewMalone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

[/quote] If LeBron comes here, it's because another star is coming with him and the Lakers have indicated they are willing to move a young piece to get another star via trade.

Cousins/Randle
Kuzma/Nance
B.I.
PG13
Lonzo[/quote]

i wonder if kuzma coming off the bench and running/leading the 2nd group is better , because who else is going to score off the bench , randle and nance is cool but they are inside players , kuz has ability to shot and drive and score almost at will when his shots are falling ... either way its pretty fun to know the team next year is going to look and play completely different , hopefully in a good way

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Seeing Randolph beat Lopez on a closeout and Lopez not even being able to keep up with him essentially put in my mind we need to trade Lopez while he still has some kind of value.

He isn't an answer going forward, Luke has no idea how to use him offensively, and if he has to be even slightly on the perimeter against guys defensively it's over.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

If LeBron comes here it means he's given up on winning any more rings.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Seeing Randolph beat Lopez on a closeout and Lopez not even being able to keep up with him essentially put in my mind we need to trade Lopez while he still has some kind of value.

He isn't an answer going forward, Luke has no idea how to use him offensively, and if he has to be even slightly on the perimeter against guys defensively it's over.

We better because with that because a team can dump a bad contract on us thus ruinning our cap plans. So I'll would rather let him walk.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

We better because with that because a team can dumb a bad contract on us thus ruinning our cap plans. So I'll would rather let him walk.

Cap plans mean nothing when you haven't a winning/attractive team destination for a max player to come to and feel like they're immediately going to contend for a Championship.

Then all you are is a team with a lot of cap and no one to spend it on.

I really don't care about "preserving cap" for a pipe dream that isn't happening.

If we could get Deandre for Lopez, I'd do it, and if we could sign Noel in the off-season I'd do it. I'm not planning my off-season around getting George and LeBron like it's a forgone conclusion.

If we were a winning team that actually legitimately could beat the Warriors if we just had them then maybe. But we're a young team whose core is 2-3 years away even with George and LeBron. 2-3 years that neither George or LeBron is waiting on if they want to "win now" which is what they both want to do.

So baring that in mind, if we could unload Lopez for a center that fits better into the only system Luke has any clue how to run, then I'd do it.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject:

Who's better? Noel or WCS? Because I liked WCS' game since his predraft workouts with Towns & Russell. Not that the Kings will give him up or anything.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

We better because with that because a team can dumb a bad contract on us thus ruinning our cap plans. So I'll would rather let him walk.

Cap plans mean nothing when you haven't a winning/attractive team destination for a max player to come to and feel like they're immediately going to contend for a Championship.

I really don't care about "preserving cap" for a pipe dream that isn't happening.

If we could get Deandre for Lopez, I'd do it, and if we could sign Noel in the off-season I'd do it. I'm not planning my off-season around getting George and LeBron like it's a forgone conclusion.

If we were a winning team that actually legitimately could beat the Warriors if we just had them then maybe. But we're a young team whose core is 2-3 years away even with George and LeBron. 2-3 years that neither George or LeBron is waiting on if they want to "win now" which is what they both want to do.

So baring that in mind, if we could unload Lopez for a center that fits better into the only system Luke has any clue how to run, then I'd do it.

Oh god keep Clipper trash (Deandre) on their side of the fence you know that rule.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

Oh god keep Clipper trash (Deandre) on their side of the fence you know that rule.

Like Lamar Odom and Nick Young?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, but this is different. No more because I the think the Clips will try and ruin us.

Last edited by fontana3d on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, but this guy can't shoot free throws and will mess up our cap. The point is that I anit helping those a holes tank and get a good pick.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah, but this guy can't shoot free throws and will mess up our cap. The point is that I anit helping those a holes tank and get a good pick.

There already tanking and getting a good pick WITH Jordan and Blake, I don't think Lopez is going to be the thing that takes them over the top and wins them the Western Conference, otherwise I wouldn't want to trade him.

Fact of the matter is, the Suns are the ones in talks with the Clippers, I can't see them moving anything really but Chandler and someone on a 2-3M contract that isn't important to the team. So... we could definitely get Jordan in a swap player for player with Lopez imo tbh.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
MJST wrote:

There already tanking and getting a good pick WITH Jordan and Blake, I don't think Lopez is going to be the thing that takes them over the top and wins them the Western Conference, otherwise I wouldn't want to trade him.

Fact of the matter is, the Suns are the ones in talks with the Clippers, I can't see them moving anything really but Chandler and someone on a 2-3M contract that isn't important to the team. So... we could definitely get Jordan in a swap player for player with Lopez imo tbh.

Yeah, but still I'm not giving them a chance to steal a free agent target from us this summer. Also Fuk the Suns too because they sack us with Nash, and we're about to lose our pick to the Sixers or Celtics.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Elaborate please. I need a good laugh after that game. Whether it's at your expense or someone else's.

Just like Disneyland it is all fantasy, suspension of reality.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I don’t think that Lopez was ever an answer going forward. He was just salary ballast.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I still like him as a placeholder-type starting center going forward. I’d easily resign him (and Randle) if Cousins doesn’t come.

For that 4.5 million room exception, he’d be a great value for maybe 15-20 minutes a game.

He head an awful game, horrendous even, but I’d still want him back to be a role player next year next to the youngsters and two max free agents.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Yea great point. And after next year it's probably going to be a steep decline. ZBo is super fat now too, so Lopez...really dissapointing...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson/Lopez to Orlando for Vucevic/Ross, who says no?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

the trade machine
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Probably Orlando.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 139 of 2680
Jump to: