Kuzma vs Nance vs Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
activeverb wrote:
I doubt Lopez will be traded, because we won't want to take on long term salary and it will be difficult to find a trade partner who both wants him and can pull together $20 million in expiring contracts.

If George wants out of OKC I could see Lopez getting moved as the centerpiece for George.

Well that's different. Then we'd used Lopez to balance out the contracts but throw in picks or someone else to give them incentive to do the deal, assuming they had no interest in keeping him

But that's different than trading him for a pick
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

TonySoprano17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Randle isn’t starting he likely goes elsewhere. If Kuzma can toughen up he could be the solution long term. If not he gets bullied by the bigger players. Nance is a career bench player. I guess it comes down to how much the team seriously values defense.

learn how cba works.

he cant go anywhere unless the lakers dont want him

So he gets a $20 mil contract and the team matches? Please tell us Mr. CBA.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
activeverb wrote:
I doubt Lopez will be traded, because we won't want to take on long term salary and it will be difficult to find a trade partner who both wants him and can pull together $20 million in expiring contracts.

If George wants out of OKC I could see Lopez getting moved as the centerpiece for George.

Well that's different. Then we'd used Lopez to balance out the contracts but throw in picks or someone else to give them incentive to do the deal, assuming they had no interest in keeping him

But that's different than trading him for a pick

I doubt OKC deals George, they are all in on this season.
TonySoprano17
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
TonySoprano17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Randle isn’t starting he likely goes elsewhere. If Kuzma can toughen up he could be the solution long term. If not he gets bullied by the bigger players. Nance is a career bench player. I guess it comes down to how much the team seriously values defense.

learn how cba works.

if the team wants it they will match it. and he is not getting 20m.

go try to post snarky comments on somebody else's post.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Nance comes off the bench when he returns, Kooz plays as many minutes as possible and Randle plays small ball C
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

In position-less basketball there is plenty of playing time available for everybody.

Kuzma is a star, he has to play be it PF, SF or both.
Nance can play PF, Randle can play PF and small Center.

This is a great situation for the Lakers!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

If our goal is to win games and not worry about the players feelings than start Nance and have Randle as the backup 4 and 5.

Kuz splits time at sf and pf

RPM: Nance .55/Randle .16/Kuz -1.72(he's has the second worst pf drpm)

Lopez-28 Bogut-8
Nance-28 Randle-28
BI- 28 Kuz-24
Pope-28 Clarkson-28
Ball-32 Hart-8
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

TonySoprano17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
TonySoprano17 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

learn how cba works.

if the team wants it they will match it. and he is not getting 20m.

go try to post snarky comments on somebody else's post.

Your post was the snarky one. And we are NOT paying Julius what he wants and what at least one other NBA team will pay him ( and that is all it takes to test us, one team ). Someone is going to give him $20 mill for one year? We will not match that, unless we know we are not getting 1 of or 2 of: PG, Bron, Cousins.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Nance comes off the bench when he returns, Kooz plays as many minutes as possible and Randle plays small ball C

Nance and Randle together is no bueno. Start Nance.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

My guess is Kuzma still starts and plays 32 minutes a game. Nance starts but plays limited minutes. Randle splits between PF and C to get his 30 minutes a game.

I don’t see Lopez being traded, he either leaves next year or takes a one year deal to run with a Lebron team. Without actual game outside shooting, Randles best chance to remain a Laker is to play small ball center against the rest of the league. If he can pay center and average 15/10 he is worth a big raise.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I think KCP and Lopez will both be available at the deadline if we can get some assets for them. I think Nance may be traded eventually if Randle keeps playing the way he is.

Would OKC trade George to us for Lopez/Nance/1st Round pick? Maybe.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject:

Randle will be moved before LNJ
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject:

Once Kuz never goes back to the bench, all will be fine.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

I think it is most likely that Nance will again start when he comes back. Luke is extremely fixed on his lineups.

Or else, maybe Luke will experiment with Randle starting. and how Nanze-Kuz pair would work.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
I think it is most likely that Nance will again start when he comes back. Luke is extremely fixed on his lineups.

Or else, maybe Luke will experiment with Randle starting. and how Nanze-Kuz pair would work.

I think he might start Randle with Lopez.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

Nance should start as he was playing great and nobody should lose their position because of an injury.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Nance should start as he was playing great and nobody should lose their position because of an injury.

Disagree. This happens from time to time unfortunately. A big one that happened in Lakers history was when Rick Fox was slated to start at SF (before the start of the lockout season in 99) and went down due to an injury. Kobe took his spot at SF and never gave it back. The difference in talent (and age) between Kuz and Nance is not as vast as it was with Kobe and Fox, but Kuz is a better all-around player, and will be a permanent starter either now, or in the near future...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

Nance should be the starter, he or Randle. They don’t fit well together so we need one starting and one off the bench. Kuzma is not a better player than Randle, weaker rebounder and defender and he doesn’t set his teammates up for scores. But I get that he has shiny offense and that is all that many understand about the game.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nance should be the starter, he or Randle. They don’t fit well together so we need one starting and one off the bench. Kuzma is not a better player than Randle, weaker rebounder and defender and he doesn’t set his teammates up for scores. But I get that he has shiny offense and that is all that many understand about the game.

Who doesn't fit well together? Not sure who you are referring to. And Kuzma is a better player than JR. There is only one player on the team currently that you can legitimately argue is better than Kuzma and that is BI.

You do correctly state that Kuz is weaker defensively, but neglect to mention that Kuz is superior offensively in every way (better spot up shooter, 3pt shooter, midrange shooter, dribble penetrator, post offense, double team recognition and passer, better off-the-ball cutter, and a better playmaker). He also fits better with Lonzo than JR (because of his better screen and roll and screen and pop skillset), and has on many occassions setup teammates for scores.

As a fellow Laker fan, I am not sure why you seem bitter at the fact that this guy is the real deal, and he is getting legitimate league-wide recognition for his game and contributions.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Randle will be moved before LNJ

I don't think either of them will be touched. It makes no sense until they know where they stand on their 2018 free agents targets.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Thanks, Coach Scott.

Who needs perimeter shooting and scoring when you have the hard-nosed D of two guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 feet.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Who doesn't fit well together? Not sure who you are referring to. And Kuzma is a better player than JR. There is only one player on the team currently that you can legitimately argue is better than Kuzma and that is BI.

You do correctly state that Kuz is weaker defensively, but neglect to mention that Kuz is superior offensively in every way (better spot up shooter, 3pt shooter, midrange shooter, dribble penetrator, post offense, double team recognition and passer, better off-the-ball cutter, and a better playmaker). He also fits better with Lonzo than JR (because of his better screen and roll and screen and pop skillset), and has on many occassions setup teammates for scores.

As a fellow Laker fan, I am not sure why you seem bitter at the fact that this guy is the real deal, and he is getting legitimate league-wide recognition for his game and contributions.

Kuzma has been amazing but he hasn't out played Randle or Nance; and BI has been okay. I would say of the 4 mentioned above BI's been the least effective player.

Nance should start only because he a true PF. Juilus can play the 4 or 5, kuz can play the 3 or 4.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

I actually don't think the Lakers have missed Larry that much because Randle picks up his defense contributions and can score. Lakers are still 4th in defense.

Larry was great in his role though, and has had his strongest start to any of his 3 seasons. Not taking away from what he's done, but I don't think the team has lost a step since he's been out.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I actually don't think the Lakers have missed Larry that much because Randle picks up his defense contributions and can score. Lakers are still 4th in defense.

Larry was great in his role though, and has had his strongest start to any of his 3 seasons. Not taking away from what he's done, but I don't think the team has lost a step since he's been out.

Has the team rebounding slipped? He was leading the team before the injury.

But yeah, I kind of agree.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Kuzma has been amazing but he hasn't out played Randle or Nance; and BI has been okay. I would say of the 4 mentioned above BI's been the least effective player.

Nance should start only because he a true PF. Juilus can play the 4 or 5, kuz can play the 3 or 4.

Your first sentence doesn't make sense. Kuzma has been amazing but hasn't outplayed LNJ or JR (or BI)? So those two have been better than amazing? Kuzma has definitely outplayed both of them. If not, he wouldn't be starting now (JR would have got the call when LNJ went down, but Kuzma was so much more effective in his time off the bench that coaching had to go with him).

He also has better chemistry with Ball than the other 3. If he wasn't more effective than the other two, he wouldn't have been earning more minutes than the other two even when he was coming off of the bench.

Last edited by Hoop_Knowledge on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: