Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
For the past few years it's been changing back and forth of who's out the door first. Clarkson or Randle. Usually game by game. The both provide very specific needs for us. Randle with his rebounding, strength, physically, and interior scoring. Clarkson with the all around offensive repertoire. He's a microwave. I guess the tiebreaker for me would be the three point shooting. Clarkson is hovering around 40% this season, and in a league that is dominated by 3's, I would say his services are slightly more advantageous to us. Clarkson is my answer... for today... 😝

If all Radnel provides is rebounding and physicality, then someone like T Rob can provide that at a fraction of the cost...

I agree, JC is the guy to keep over Randle.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
if i had a choice to keep JC or Randle @12.5m, i would keep JC. no question

As long as he doesn't wear a "Pay me" shirt. I was genuinely surprised (if true) that Jules took such a combative approach. That won't end well for him.

I am surprised one thinks it is combative

That's pretty damn combative. It's one thing to be at Shaq's level and demanding such.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
kevin61 wrote:
Never understood all the hate for this guy, I think he's a pretty good player.

2 things I have had issues with JC:

1 DEFENSE. Kid is quick and athletic, he has the tools to be plus defender. But prior to this year his effort on that end has been very uneven.

2 Pounding the rock. He used to dribble way too much. This would take the team out of it's offensive rhythm. He is still prone to this, but I think playing him at PG helps his game and makes him look for the pass more.

If he tries on D and plays within the offense he is very good! Glad to see it coming together for him.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

Clarkson is only valuable when his offense is needed.

When a team needs his ability to be the primary guy when he’s in the game, he’ll ALWAYS flourish.

But his value diminishes significantly when he isn’t featured as a primary threat.

For this reason, Clarkson is far less valuable on a team with other, better, offensive options.

On a team with two twenty point scorers plus Kuzma and Ingram, Clarkson is, quite frankly unneeded — deadweight.

Give me Randle going forward for his ability to defensively shutdown a pick and roll alone.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

As long as he doesn't wear a "Pay me" shirt. I was genuinely surprised (if true) that Jules took such a combative approach. That won't end well for him.

That's pretty damn combative. It's one thing to be at Shaq's level and demanding such.

But he didn’t demand anything, that is all manufactured. He wore a shirt he picked up last year and all the amateur armchair psychologists manufacture a controversy.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

But he didn’t demand anything, that is all manufactured. He wore a shirt he picked up last year and all the amateur armchair psychologists manufacture a controversy.

So allegedly Magic and the FO were unhappy that DLO "liked" a tweet that said that the Lakers didn't like Lonzo, but they'll be happy that Jules wore a shirt that says "pay me?"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

So allegedly Magic and the FO were unhappy that DLO "liked" a tweet that said that the Lakers didn't like Lonzo, but they'll be happy that Jules wore a shirt that says "pay me?"

Again, people will manufacture whatever they want. Was Magic unhappy with DLO’s tweet? Posters here said so. And they also say that Randle somehow demanded something by wearing a shirt that he has worn before. What did he demand?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

I agree with you here V.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

SG Comparison for the Regular Season- Game 15

As it goes with this season, JC has been playing mostly PG, and doing it well. I see no point in continuing these SG comparisons. This will be the last one for the year.

KCP - Nice game from KCP. I loved that strip on Embiid (I think?). He is special on the defensive side. His defense and activity hypes up the team and that is sorely needed. On the offense, I think he is average. Some nights he is a liability because he doesn't dribble well and his shot selection is suspect.

JC - That was a scrappy game from JC. His shot wasn't falling but he found other ways to score, which is weird because he had 20 points. Just imagine if JC was making his mid-range and floater yesterday. We probably would have won the game.

No TO's, 5 assists, and 6 boards. Again last two games no TO's with heavy minutes. That is an accomplishment as compared to the past two years.

Good job JC.

Hart - DNP.

Blue - DNP.

I will give this one to JC just for the effort, not turning the ball over, and picking up when Zo was ineffective.

Regular Season Score:
JC 7
KCP 6 (Did not play first 2 games of season - suspension)
BI 0
Brewer 1
VBlue 0
Hart 1

Cheers.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

After looking at the RPM numbers, our highest rpm players (15 games in) by their positions (Guard Foward Center) are:

JC KCP Kuz Randle Lopez

So I would like to see this line up in action against the Suns. I dont think it could hurt the team at any rate.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:

Again, people will manufacture whatever they want. Was Magic unhappy with DLO’s tweet? Posters here said so. And they also say that Randle somehow demanded something by wearing a shirt that he has worn before. What did he demand?

Look at VLF defend Magic! Is his Bizarro & what have you done with Superman? 😂
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

One has to be utterly naïve to think Jules "mistakenly" wore a "pay me" shirt on the day of a heavily media covered game. It's not as if he's enthusiastic about being demoted to the bench, or that he didn't even receive an extension offer (b/c of the 2 max plan). Then you have Nance/Kuz starting over him. There's probably something going on behind the scenes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
One has to be utterly naïve to think Jules "mistakenly" wore a "pay me" shirt on the day of a heavily media covered game. It's not as if he's enthusiastic about being demoted to the bench, or that he didn't even receive an extension offer (b/c of the 2 max plan). Then you have Nance/Kuz starting over him. There's probably something going on behind the scenes.

So what were the reasons when he wore it before?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know. But it's coincidental he wore it now? I don't buy it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know. But it's coincidental he wore it now? I don't buy it.

Definitely not coincidence. The worst past is he had his most atrocious game of the season last night. Embarrassed on national tv
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

I asked Clarkson who makes him want to succeed. As part of his answer, he said, "The girls." - Tania Ganguli
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SerenaWinters/status/931300854698672128

He's the new LO/Swagy, in terms of his role as the class clown on this team
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Clarkson is only valuable when his offense is needed.

When a team needs his ability to be the primary guy when he’s in the game, he’ll ALWAYS flourish.

But his value diminishes significantly when he isn’t featured as a primary threat.

For this reason, Clarkson is far less valuable on a team with other, better, offensive options.

On a team with two twenty point scorers plus Kuzma and Ingram, Clarkson is, quite frankly unneeded — deadweight.

Give me Randle going forward for his ability to defensively shutdown a pick and roll alone.

He had a really big offensive rebound and put back when he wasnt the primary scorer...
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I can't think of a good comparison for him at this point.

Orlando Magic Courtney Lee, in terms of style. As for how good or bad he will be, it depends on his work ethic.

That's the exact person I was thinking of too. Better handles than Lee, but Lee was a much better defender at this point too.

If we got a CLee in the 2nd round, that would be great.

Joe you think Kuz and BI are 20+ scorers? My personal feeling is that Kuz will next year. BI is still 2 years away.

Until we get a bonafide Star at PG or SG I think JC is needed more by the Lakers. Even then he will still be needed as the Microwave off the bench like Vinny Johnson of Detroit in the 80s.

Plus, with Randle wearing the Pay me shirt yesterday, not sure he is looked upon as a positive right now.

And during the summer, I believe someone will offer JR a good contact which we will not be able to match to keep the 2 max dream alive.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject:

the breakfast of Champions...

Quote:
The guard (Clarkson) said his routine is “whatever,” then went into detail. Here it is:

- Wake up and eat fried chicken (or something)
- Shoot around
- Go to the candy store and get Skittles
- Watch a movie
- Play video games
- Take a nap
- Drive to arena and get pregame shots up

why go to a candy store to get skittles, when every gas station and corner store would have them stocked?

LINK
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Dude puts up 16 points a game in 22 minutes on 50% shooting and 38% 3 point shooting and you'd swear he's playing like crap based on what you hear from people on here.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the breakfast of Champions...

Quote:
The guard (Clarkson) said his routine is “whatever,” then went into detail. Here it is:

- Wake up and eat fried chicken (or something)
- Shoot around
- Go to the candy store and get Skittles
- Watch a movie
- Play video games
- Take a nap
- Drive to arena and get pregame shots up

why go to a candy store to get skittles, when every gas station and corner store would have them stocked?

LINK

He's in good condition, I believe it doesnt matter much what you eat as long as your calories are on point. Also never been for guys training too hard during the season Byron Scott style.

Kobe's training harder than everyone mentality help him get into the NBA but as he got older he played too many minutes, went hard every practice and played through too many injuries; it only shortened his career.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject:

This guy needs to be gone by the deadline or this summer at the latest. Either he only cares about himself, has no Bball IQ or a combination of both. He’s a detriment to the team even when he plays decent because of his sickening style. Can’t defebd a lick, dribbles with his head down constantly, forces shots and has no willingness or ability to make a simple pass to keep the ball movibg. Every year is the same though, he has a few good scoring games to fool people into thinking he’s valuable and they are distracted from all of the absolutely horrible and incredibly detrimental things he does to the team. Get him outta here or bench him and take the hit of his contract because most games he’s a detriment to the team and refuses to improve in the areas he needs to.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Wow BigGameJames. You went out of your way to post that negativity. Isn’t it Thanksgiving today.

I am thankful for the Lakers and the players who play and give us our enjoyment as fans. That includes JC and all the players.

And tomorrow we can go back to the nom on this site and ask to trade everyone we don’t like including BI and Zo and Kuz.

Thank you.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
Wow BigGameJames. You went out of your way to post that negativity. Isn’t it Thanksgiving today.

I am thankful for the Lakers and the players who play and give us our enjoyment as fans. That includes JC and all the players.

And tomorrow we can go back to the nom on this site and ask to trade everyone we don’t like including BI and Zo and Kuz.

Thank you.

Yeah, I’d respect folks more if they had the intestinal fortitude to post stuff like that after he has a good game, too easy to lambast a player when he plays bad.

That’s precisely what dudes who think Ball is “not an NBA player” do — scream and holler and stick to their narrative after a bad game then go underground after a good one.

If you’re a “Christian”, thank God after a loss, just as much as you would after a victory. Don’t wait for a “good time” to get your “story” in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 652, 653, 654 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 653 of 685
Jump to: