OFFICIAL D'ANGELO RUSSELL (2yr, $37M, pg. 2749)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2524, 2525, 2526 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Glad he's gone. Immature, poor work ethic and not a leader and possibly bad knees. He didn't fit over here. I wish him well in Brooklyn. He will be a good player in the nba but not an all star. I would take Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma over him.

I would take Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma with him. We're 8-11. We're garbage. This year was supposed to be all player development anyway. Who cares about the 2018 crop? 2019? Most players don't move the needle. The simple addition of LBJ or PG doesn't have us competitive with the Warriors - a fact made all the more true when you can't even pair them with a 21-PG that can average 16/5/3 on 40/35/75 in his sleep (21!!!!). All this (bleep) franchise and its fans needed to do - for once- was show patience. Let Mozgov and Deng's contracts end. Have a young core of at least Kuz, Lonzo, DLO, Ingram, JC - with Jules and Nance potentially there as well (contract situation depending). Then it's 2020, the Warriors are a bit older -- and, if you've done a good job of building an identity, you know what holes to plug. Stars around the league can *see* what you've got - that all you need is a KAT or a Davis. You got fat expiring contracts, a ton of young talent, and a real chance to open up a window.

The only saving grace here is that it does seem DLO has serious knee issues. If the Lakers knew that it was severely limiting him, then I guess good for them to move on. But, then I question why you (bleep)-talked him nonstop for two years --- are we trying to make the game harder for ourselves? Why lower his trade value if you really, really need to ship him out due to a concerning knee issue?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Interesting factoid I found while doing some research on Ingram that I didn't expect.

Drives Per Game, 2017-18

D'Angelo Russell....................12.0
LeBron James........................11.2
Giannis Antetokuonmpo..........10.9
Brandon Ingram.....................10.5

Russell was driving 3.7 times per game in about a minute more of playing time last season. His game has changed significantly in one summer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Glad he's gone. Immature, poor work ethic and not a leader and possibly bad knees. He didn't fit over here. I wish him well in Brooklyn. He will be a good player in the nba but not an all star. I would take Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma over him.

We didn’t have to take anyone over him, we would have had them all. Instead we have old man Lopez. We got bent over in that trade without the benefit of lube.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^our organization had an absolutely pathetic approach to D'Angelo Russell. That he is no longer on the team, whether a casualty of the cap or the miasmic conditions created by Jeanie, Jim, Mitch, and Magic, is a travesty.

But, it's honestly fine. We have cap space. And everyone knows the only thing holding this team of studs back from a championship is LeBron James, whose free agency decisions have been easily predicted since his entrance into the league. Considering our outstanding success in drawing talent to the organization this past 5 years --- I mean, christ, we're so loaded we had the privilege to turn down Jerry West --- I have no doubt we'll recover and, like Herbie finally fully loaded, we'll be parading down Figueroa in no time.

I just want to acknowledge the use of the word miasmic. Well put and well done
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

@BrooklynNets

Injury Update: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson will not return due to a sprained right ankle.

So many injuries for the Nets.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Nets still won.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
^our organization had an absolutely pathetic approach to D'Angelo Russell. That he is no longer on the team, whether a casualty of the cap or the miasmic conditions created by Jeanie, Jim, Mitch, and Magic, is a travesty.

But, it's honestly fine. We have cap space. And everyone knows the only thing holding this team of studs back from a championship is LeBron James, whose free agency decisions have been easily predicted since his entrance into the league. Considering our outstanding success in drawing talent to the organization this past 5 years --- I mean, christ, we're so loaded we had the privilege to turn down Jerry West --- I have no doubt we'll recover and, like Herbie finally fully loaded, we'll be parading down Figueroa in no time.

*standing ovation*
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

I would take Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma with him. We're 8-11. We're garbage. This year was supposed to be all player development anyway. Who cares about the 2018 crop? 2019? Most players don't move the needle. The simple addition of LBJ or PG doesn't have us competitive with the Warriors - a fact made all the more true when you can't even pair them with a 21-PG that can average 16/5/3 on 40/35/75 in his sleep (21!!!!). All this (bleep) franchise and its fans needed to do - for once- was show patience. Let Mozgov and Deng's contracts end. Have a young core of at least Kuz, Lonzo, DLO, Ingram, JC - with Jules and Nance potentially there as well (contract situation depending). Then it's 2020, the Warriors are a bit older -- and, if you've done a good job of building an identity, you know what holes to plug. Stars around the league can *see* what you've got - that all you need is a KAT or a Davis. You got fat expiring contracts, a ton of young talent, and a real chance to open up a window.

The only saving grace here is that it does seem DLO has serious knee issues. If the Lakers knew that it was severely limiting him, then I guess good for them to move on. But, then I question why you (bleep)-talked him nonstop for two years --- are we trying to make the game harder for ourselves? Why lower his trade value if you really, really need to ship him out due to a concerning knee issue?

You ever watch Key & Peele? You know how Obama had Luther, his anger translator?

You wanna come on the podcast and do that for me?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
32 wrote:

You ever watch Key & Peele? You know how Obama had Luther, his anger translator?

You wanna come on the podcast and do that for me?

Not sure if my poor heart could take it.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
32 wrote:

We didn’t have to take anyone over him, we would have had them all. Instead we have old man Lopez. We got bent over in that trade without the benefit of lube.

Lopez is on a very valuable ending contract and in the mean time is performing a lot better than Mozgov. Also the Nets were interested in Kuzma and could have very well picked him at 27 if we had not traded for the pick. Don't act like we got nothing with that trade.

I understand if you thought we traded DLO too early - I thought it would have been nice to see DLO and Ball together too, but based on DLO's knee injuries and what we got back in return, I think that the trade was a good one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Also the Nets were interested in Kuzma and could have very well picked him at 27 if we had not traded for the pick.

I wish we would stop this part to be honest.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Also the Nets were interested in Kuzma and could have very well picked him at 27 if we had not traded for the pick.

Even Sean Marks has debunked that one publicly, but it is a staple of the argument, which of course begs the question why?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Even Sean Marks has debunked that one publicly, but it is a staple of the argument, which of course begs the question why?

B/c we don't have 2 max players in place, so it's a convenient "but we were so prescient enough to get Kuz"/"at least we got Kuz" backup argument.

If the Lakers were concerned that the Nets would draft Kuz, why didn't we push for their 22nd pick?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

First they said Okafor was better
Then they said Mudiay was better
Now they're saying he's injury prone

Should have kept DLO at least for another season to see what would have developed. Oh well, *sigh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I HATE THIS KID.

HE IS SO TERRIBLE AND A BUST.

BUT I CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

EVEN WHEN I TELL OTHERS TO STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM.

Sincerely,
Some LG posters.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Miss your game.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Anthony Puccio‏

D'Angelo Russell reassured reporters that his knee injury is not something from the past.

"Not a reoccurring injury, it’s not something that affected me from last year or anything like that.”

Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Curious what folks think is likely to happen with DLO contractually this offseason. Brooklyn could offer him an extension or let him go the way of restricted free agency. If you assume he comes back this season and plays 30+ games pretty close to what he did to start the year, does he get a max extension?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Curious what folks think is likely to happen with DLO contractually this offseason. Brooklyn could offer him an extension or let him go the way of restricted free agency. If you assume he comes back this season and plays 30+ games pretty close to what he did to start the year, does he get a max extension?

Probably a wait and see approach for both sides. DLO could do a Steph Curry (prorated to 2018 numbers of course) or he can try to stay healthy for his RFA season.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

If I had to guess, I'd say RFA. But that depends on when he can get back from his injury. If he comes back and looks healthy, and puts up 22/6/5 type numbers, an extension is definitely in play (though probably not max). If he comes back and looks just ok, definitely let him hit RFA and see what happens.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I think he gets extended under that scenario, but doesn't get the max.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

If I had to guess, I'd say RFA. But that depends on when he can get back from his injury. If he comes back and looks healthy, and puts up 22/6/5 type numbers, an extension is definitely in play (though probably not max). If he comes back and looks just ok, definitely let him hit RFA and see what happens.

Don't most players wait four seasons before negotiating a new contract?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The Nets play well and compete in damn near every game, with or without Dlo. That coaching staff, man - I'm so jealous.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The Nets play well and compete in damn near every game, with or without Dlo. That coaching staff, man - I'm so jealous.

And we don't?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

And we don't?

They compete and win sometimes with 3-4 starting players out. We have pretty much everyone fit and the players who are efficient doesn't even get deserved minutes. And our coaching staff throws away games due to stupid decisions like against the Clippers. Talent level on Nets with Lin, DLo, RHJ out is not close to what Lakers and Luke has.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2524, 2525, 2526 ... 2854, 2855, 2856  Next
Page 2525 of 2856
Jump to: