Kuzma vs Nance vs Randle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
If Nance is healthy and productive, Randle is the guy who gets traded.

Of course, if the Lakers get the 2 max FA in 18, Nance is likely gone the following season (if Kuz continues to develop).

The problem with Nance is that he can't seem to match up with centers, even in small ball lineups, so he's randle at the four, without the benefits of randle as bith a five, and as a defensive switch monster. His contract is his chief value when comparing the two, but you have to play him with a five who can shoot.

ASSUMING you get Lebron and he plays the 4, LNJ is on the 2nd unit.

Where do you have Kuzma?

Positions aren't as important as they used to be. The Cavs play Lebron at the 3-5 depending on matchups.

That said, I doubt Lebron is coming here
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nance should be the starter, he or Randle. They don’t fit well together so we need one starting and one off the bench. Kuzma is not a better player than Randle, weaker rebounder and defender and he doesn’t set his teammates up for scores. But I get that he has shiny offense and that is all that many understand about the game.

Thanks, Coach Scott.

Who needs perimeter shooting and scoring when you have the hard-nosed D of two guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 feet.

He’s right. Randle and Nance should not be playing together often, if ever.

One of Lopez or Kuzma should start, and one of Randle or Nance should start.

Walton and V both have this right.

No matter how you try to rearrange the deck chairs you're going to have an atrocious shooting team on the floor. I'd rather it not be with the starter's.

Not a big fan of balance I see.

I'm a fan of starting the game with our best offensive player.

Then bench Lopez. Starting him with Kuzma makes no sense.

They're not going to bench Lopez. He's the foundation of our defensive success.

And that's one of the ironies of this team. Our future is all about Ball, Ingram and Kuz but our present success is mostly from the defense of two guys (Lopez, Pope) who won't be here next year.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm kind of changing my mind on this. I get that Luke tries to overpower teams by using a stronger bench when the starters aren't up to par, but when you think about it, if KCP and Lopez can push their 3pt shooting numbers just a little bit higher, if they continue to start Kuz that lineup now has 3 guys who are a 3 point threat

I go back and forth on it but I think it's so weird that Luke starts his third best power forward.
Vadorojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Small sample, but first game back from injury and minutes played:

Nance 29
Randle 24
Kuzma 19

Granted, Nance had a few great defensive plays on Griffin, but it's not like they other guys were getting killed. I feel like Kuzma should be the one getting 29 on most nights ... we need his scoring.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Nance IMO is the odd man out. He is a great utility, role player type of guy who would thrive on a championship caliber like the Spurs, but we need scoring and he doesn’t help in that department. Wouldn’t mind trading him for a big who doesn’t mind playing off the bench and can protect the rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: