Sexual Harassment Accusations (Weinstein sentenced to 23 years; Weinstein put in isolation after contracting virus) BILL COSBY RELEASED pg44
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Well, now we know why Lauer went so easy on Trump in that interview last year. Fellow predators stick together.

Quote:
According to producers, Lauer — who had considerable editorial clout over which stories would ultimately air on “Today” — would frequently dismiss stories about cheating husbands. However, in the wake of Roger Ailes and Harvey Weinstein, Lauer had to keep up with a national conversation about sexual harassment. It often made for awkward moments on TV for staff members who knew about Lauer’s private interactions.

In September, Lauer asked the former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly if he’d ever sent lewd text messages to colleagues. “Think about those … women and what they did,” Lauer said. “They came forward and filed complaints against the biggest star at the network they worked at. Think about how intimidating that must have been. Doesn’t that tell you how strongly they felt about you?”

From Variety Article

Probably a little from column A (predator), little from column B (ineptitude).
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Doubt that's the reason more likely he's a lightweight above all else.

Lots of people went easy on Trump to begin with that's how he got this far. He should've been weeded out before he won his primary.

It was a joke . . .

Hard to tell with people online
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Quote:
In September, Lauer asked the former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly if he’d ever sent lewd text messages to colleagues. “Think about those … women and what they did,” Lauer said. “They came forward and filed complaints against the biggest star at the network they worked at. Think about how intimidating that must have been. Doesn’t that tell you how strongly they felt about you?”

From Variety Article

Probably a little from column A (predator), little from column B (ineptitude).

That question he asked O'Reilly about lewd text messages, he probably knew it was just a matter of time.
Page Six Article wrote:
A source told Page Six, “There’s at least one picture [sent to her by Matt] which was a major part of the evidence, which is why the firing came so quickly … my understanding was it was so damning that it was unquestionable whether or not he should be fired.

“I think everyone was a bit surprised how quickly this all turned around. No one expected his termination to happen that quickly. I believe the silver bullet was the photo and that was so damning that they had no other option but to fire him.

“Plus, the girl had a high-power attorney and so everyone knew if NBC didn’t make a decision and push it out quick, they would have arranged for a sit-down interview with a competitor [and the messages could be made public]. Matt took the news well once he realized he was in a corner. He was very apologetic.”

Link to Page Six Article
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people don't think the connection is a joke or a coincidence:

Quote:
Hillary W 🎄rned Us‏ HillaryWarnedUs

Glenn Thrush (Politico/NYT)
Mark Halperin (MSNBC/Bloomberg)
Hamilton Fish/Leon Wieseltier
(New Republic)
Sam Kriss (Vice)
Jordan Chariton (TYT)
Charlie Rose (CBS/PBS)
Matt Lauer (NBC)

All of them negatively shaped the narrative about Hillary.

All sexual harassers

Misogyny and sexism were the prisms through which those male reporters filtered their reporting -- including content, tone and emphasis. It's a part of the whole. Not everything, but an important part.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I always knew Geraldo Rivera was a complete scumbag, but this just sinks even lower into the quagmire of despicable vermin.

Geraldo Rivera Says Women ‘May Be Criminalizing Courtship’ After Lauer Reports

After longtime “Today” show host Matt Lauer was fired over allegations of sexual misconduct, Fox News commentator Geraldo Rivera defended him, claiming that women who come forward with their sexual harassment experiences “may be criminalizing courtship.”

Writing over Twitter on Wednesday that he feels “sad” about Lauer’s termination, Rivera called the host a “great guy” who was “empathetic [with] guests” and “a real gentleman.”

“News is a flirty business,” he continued, later adding: “How do we explain so many newsroom courtships that have led to happy marriages?”

It seems like [the] current epidemic of #SexualHarassmentAllegations may be criminalizing courtship [and] conflating it [with] predation,” he wrote.

This POS believes such behavior is "courtship" . . . can't wait until Rivera is revealed to be the same as all the other predators, because that mindset is proof that he obviously is.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I wonder who he pissed off to get this to tumble out.

I don't think anyone is that shocked.

That being said I find the faux outrage by NBC over this to be just that.

They knew and looked the other way and now it suddenly matters.

Yeah whatever.

Probably because theres bigger fish at NBC that could go down.....Lauer was expendable since he was disliked by a lot of people.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=w5JfafQk6ME&app=desktop

Hmmmmm
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
I wonder who he pissed off to get this to tumble out.

I don't think anyone is that shocked.

That being said I find the faux outrage by NBC over this to be just that.

They knew and looked the other way and now it suddenly matters.

Yeah whatever.

Probably because theres bigger fish at NBC that could go down.....Lauer was expendable since he was disliked by a lot of people.

As long as he was money in the bank with viewers, and he was, that didn't matter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Matt Lauer! Is Brian next?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=w5JfafQk6ME&app=desktop

Hmmmmm

Bette Midler just posted this (on Twitter). Peace out, Geraldo.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Russell Simmons come on down.....
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/30/media/russell-simmons-sexual-assault-stepping-down-companies/index.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Russell Simmons come on down.....
http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/30/media/russell-simmons-sexual-assault-stepping-down-companies/index.html

1991! Why wait so long? I mentioned this before. How many people are going to be vindictive? I'm not saying this report is vindictive, I wonder why it took so long to go public?

Maybe because it's no longer a shame. I guess the way abuse is being handled today empowers those who have lived so long with the shame.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

This is an interesting article about the credibility of accusers. Why does the accuser stay friends with the alleged abuser? Stuff like that.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/us/sexual-harassment-weinstein-women.html

All of this is true to varying extents, but it makes me a little uneasy. This sort of reasoning leads straight to the presumption of guilt. The logical conclusion is "Just because the story makes no sense doesn't mean it isn't true."

I'm already seeing the backlash against this stuff, and it cuts across the political and social spectrum. I'm glad I don't have any sexual harassment cases going to trial in the next few months. Jury selection is going to be rough.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Bill Cosby cracked Pandora's box, Harvey Weinstein blew the lid off.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

The election had something to do with it too. Women were fed up. To quote Network, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Post move to the PT.....by jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
How these people go hard at the Franken's, Conyer's and say nothing about the POTUS says a lot about our elected leaders. We're living in troubling times.

You know we're keeping the politician discussion in the politics thread, right? (I was very careful to keep my remarks above generic.)
Getchell
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject:

lakerskesn80 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
You know we're keeping the politician discussion in the politics thread, right? (I was very careful to keep my remarks above generic.)

He was a head of a studio. He could direct money to projects and thus he had a lot of power. I would say he had more power than Spielberg or Cameron.

I would say so too. He was one of the biggest fishes in the pond.

Last edited by Getchell on Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

When Bryant and Katie left the Today show I left with them. I admit surprise to these accusations. He and Gumbel are supposedly good friends. I wonder if they're talking about this.?

Matt Lauer seeking $30 million payout from NBC after 'Today' show firing

LINK

Quote:
Matt Lauer is seeking a massive payout from NBC after being fired from the "Today" show this week.

Page Six reports that the ousted morning show anchor's lawyers are working to get the broadcast network to pay Lauer the remainder of his $20-million-a-year contract, which would've kept him at NBC through the end of 2018.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Kirstie Alley blasts victims for not confronting their abusers

LINK
Quote:

“What the hell is happening?” Alley, 66, began. “We now live in a country where people lose their jobs when accused of something without proof or trial or in some cases w anonymous accusers? Can’t confront your accuser? This is bulls–t. And IT HURTS THE REAL VICTIMS of abuse. AND innocent people.”

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
A lot of people don't think the connection is a joke or a coincidence:

Quote:
Hillary W 🎄rned Us‏ HillaryWarnedUs

Glenn Thrush (Politico/NYT)
Mark Halperin (MSNBC/Bloomberg)
Hamilton Fish/Leon Wieseltier
(New Republic)
Sam Kriss (Vice)
Jordan Chariton (TYT)
Charlie Rose (CBS/PBS)
Matt Lauer (NBC)

All of them negatively shaped the narrative about Hillary.

All sexual harassers

Misogyny and sexism were the prisms through which those male reporters filtered their reporting -- including content, tone and emphasis. It's a part of the whole. Not everything, but an important part.

I'm not disputing misogyny and sexism being a factor here but people act as if Hilary didn't come with her own baggage.

I mean people seem to forget or ignore her husband being accused of the very same thing and belittling his accusers.

There are also women who didn't like her for that either as well you would think most women would vote for Hilary but they voted for Trump the white women anyways.

There are a lot of layers to this.

The only constant and sure thing is that this is all very gross.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

How is Affleck surviving this?

That is Hollywood Clout....
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

what about Brett Ratner? I've been hearing about him being a disgusting casting coucher pig for years. Is he on the list yet?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
How is Affleck surviving this?

That is Hollywood Clout....

He's not being accused of rape being a pig? Sure

But he never really pretended to have this decent reputation either.

Harvey is being accused of raping multiple women.

Brett Ratner apparently witnessed Russell Simmons do some things but yeah it seems to be ignored.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
what about Brett Ratner? I've been hearing about him being a disgusting casting coucher pig for years. Is he on the list yet?

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-brett-ratner-allegations-20171101-htmlstory.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 23 of 44
Jump to: