Disaster that's unfolding in OKC is perfect for the Lakers

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Disaster that's unfolding in OKC is perfect for the Lakers

George looks like he's already got the ticket to LA. LeBron is not winning a title with current team either, so this couldn't have been scripted any better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Disaster that's unfolding in OKC is perfect for the Lakers

E=MC² wrote:
George looks like he's already got the ticket to LA. LeBron is not winning a title with current team either, so this couldn't have been scripted any better.

I agree, big positive this season is that if we miss the playoffs we will have a good chance to get Paul George, we aren't far off from being a perennial playoff team right now we should have a better record then 8-13 but damn if they don't, that's how the team is gonna be stronger.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Too early to tell. Unless there's an injury, I can't see those players not figuring things out. PG13's heart may be in LA, but all it would take is for them to make the playoffs and win a couple of rounds and I can see him staying.

Oh and in B4 the 🔒. LoL
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Buy a calendar, it is November
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Disaster that's unfolding in OKC is perfect for the Lakers

E=MC² wrote:

Cavs have won 9 straight with a bunch of guys still injured. I wouldn't write them off yet.

Otherwise, we'll see. Things aren't looking good in OKC right now but there's a lot of season left.

The 76ers might be the only good team with cap space next year, so it will be interesting to see who they go after. Lebron or George could be a target for them. That's a lot of tempting young talent.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

If we get both LeBron and George, I'll forgive Magic for the Russell trade... Though not sure even that's enough to get past Golden State or even San Antonio.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
If we get both LeBron and George, I'll forgive Magic for the Russell trade... Though not sure even that's enough to get past Golden State or even San Antonio.

If Lebron wants to win, the 76ers make the most sense for him.

If he comes here, it's not clear that's going to be an ungrade over Cleveland. But who knows?

It's going to be an interesting free agent period.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Too early to tell. It's november and they have three stars, two all-stars, one superstar.

They are also Ranked 2nd in the League defensively.

Once they find their offense.. they are going to be a scary team. Reminds me a bit of Miami tbh. Great defensive team to start the season, couldn't figure it out offensively, but once they did, it was off to the races.

Same scenario potentially unfolding in OKC, they are a top 2 defensive team but 22nd in the league offensively... once they figure that part out.. it's a different ballgame.
AutumnWind
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

PG:Lonzo
SG:Paul George
SF:Ingram
PF:Kuzma
C:Cousins

That’s a top 4 seed in the West
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one who prefer Pg13, Randle/ JC and some other role player for the cap?
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Buy a calendar, it is November

Same thing you said last year and year before that and the year before that.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Too early to tell. It's november and they have three stars, two all-stars, one superstar.

They are also Ranked 2nd in the League defensively.

Once they find their offense.. they are going to be a scary team. Reminds me a bit of Miami tbh. Great defensive team to start the season, couldn't figure it out offensively, but once they did, it was off to the races.

Same scenario potentially unfolding in OKC, they are a top 2 defensive team but 22nd in the league offensively... once they figure that part out.. it's a different ballgame.

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh were much more efficient offensive players than WB, PG13, and Melo have ever been, and none of these three seem remotely willing to accept the third banana/catch-and-shoot role like Bosh or even Love did, which is a concession that had to be made before previous super teams truly took off. Plus you had two elite playmakers with the Heat and Cavs in Lebron/Wade and Lebron/Kyrie that could break down a defense singlehandedly - the Thunder only have one, and he's not as good as Lebron. So I wouldn't count on OKC figuring it out offensively to the extent that they'll become a top 10 offensive team or anything. They'll get better, of course, but it's hard to see them becoming an elite two-way team.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Lotta season left to be played.... check back with this thread in March.

Jake Speed, 1986
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Too early to tell. Unless there's an injury, I can't see those players not figuring things out. PG13's heart may be in LA, but all it would take is for them to make the playoffs and win a couple of rounds and I can see him staying.

Yep. All it takes is a good playoff run and minds change... but hope things continue to go south and guys are looking for a change of scenery.
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

AutumnWind wrote:

Works for me. I want Cousins for sure. He would be the big floor spacer this team needs. I would do:

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Bron
Cousins

Cousins is the key. I want him over George or Bron.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
AutumnWind wrote:

Works for me. I want Cousins for sure. He would be the big floor spacer this team needs. I would do:

Ball
Ingram
Kuzma
Bron
Cousins

Cousins is the key. I want him over George or Bron.

I want Cousins as well. He makes this team a matchup nightmare, and such a unique team.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject:

We played like crap... our future stars were tight at the end... we didn't have Kuzma, and we went to overtime with the champions. Anyone star would be happy to play with these kids, especially as they are not obnoxious alphas and they share the ball.

We could compete for the title next season.
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
We played like crap... our future stars were tight at the end... we didn't have Kuzma, and we went to overtime with the champions. Anyone star would be happy to play with these kids, especially as they are not obnoxious alphas and they share the ball.

It’s nice when they look good in marquee games like tonight. I’m sure all the other players will catch the highlights.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

It took Miami much less to figure things out. After 20 games they were 12-8 and ready for a 15-1 run in December. But the main thing is, we knew it would work, eventually. I don't see that in OKC, as one of their stars is a negative most of the time.

They actually have 2 months to have a big improvement, as decisions must be made until Feb 8th. If they are not in pace for a WC Top-4 spot by then, they will have the opportunity to get something in return for PG-13.

The point is, any team that wishes to have PG next season - including the Lakers - is very happy with all that mess in OKC. Before the season start, the outlook was much, much worse.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

So LeBron/pg/Ingram/kuzma/ball can't beat Spurs? Ok

Yes, not exactly a guarantee. And GSW would be even tougher.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject:

DoubleClutch wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It’s nice when they look good in marquee games like tonight. I’m sure all the other players will catch the highlights.

Yep, I don't know what veteran wouldn't be excited to be in Los Angeles playing with Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma instead of in OKC with an aging Melo and ballhog Westbrook.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: