As Lonzo Ball Learns in L.A. Spotlight, Brandon Ingram Becomes a 'Killer'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: As Lonzo Ball Learns in L.A. Spotlight, Brandon Ingram Becomes a 'Killer'

Hey all,

Here's my latest:

As Lonzo Ball Learns in L.A. Spotlight, Brandon Ingram Becomes a 'Killer' @BleacherReport http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746990-as-lonzo-ball-learns-in-la-spotlight-brandon-ingram-becomes-a-killer

Cheers,

Eric
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Thanks emplay.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject:

You mention Ingram's increasing strength, then he gets pushed out of the way for a key rebound at the end of the Warrior's game
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

That's your takeaway?
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

thanks dude
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Cool hearing other team's players take on him.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

and ironically, this piece (to which I agree) gives a roadmap of patience for Lonzo if people are able to have the simplest of vision.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
You mention Ingram's increasing strength, then he gets pushed out of the way for a key rebound at the end of the Warrior's game

Seriously? The point of the article wasnt "and yes he is stronger than Draymond Green, one of the stronger and toughest defenders in the league" it was the Kid has gotten stronger and better, and it is showing.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject:

Thanks Emplay! Enjoyed it tremendously. I'd like to make a suggestion. Rather than "killer", which is a hard term to process apart from the real killing that goes on, how about "assassin?".

I'm having fun with this, but, Sleepy Eyed Assassin, might be apt. As an acronym his nickname could be SEAGRAM.....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
Cool hearing other team's players take on him.

Sure is.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Emplay.. Granted that it's very unlikely with GSW looking good for the next few years but Durant has been talking very highly of Ingram since he came to the league, you gotta think these guys wouldn't mind playing together on the same team, maybe when Durant is in his 30's he perhaps decides to join the Lakers and help groom Ingram on a daily basis.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
That's your takeaway?

I wish I could like a post here, because I agree with you.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
emplay wrote:
That's your takeaway?

I wish I could like a post here, because I agree with you.

I'm having flashbacks to the phone calls Chick used to get in his post game radio show.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

It’s nice hearing other stars being generous in their praise of BI.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Ingram reminds me of a skinny freshman starting on a high school team with 4 well developed seniors. The skinny kid starts because he plays D, passes the ball and in some situations takes it to the hoop. When the skinny kid grows into a man's body he will be way better than the other 4 starters.

If Ingram fills in and gets noticeably stronger he will be a VERY good player. If in addition to the strength he improves his mid range shot he will be a monster. Every mid range shot I've seen Ingram take he able to create enough space so that the defender hands were 2 feet away from the ball.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay.. Granted that it's very unlikely with GSW looking good for the next few years but Durant has been talking very highly of Ingram since he came to the league, you gotta think these guys wouldn't mind playing together on the same team, maybe when Durant is in his 30's he perhaps decides to join the Lakers and help groom Ingram on a daily basis.

And that is your takeaway from the article?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject:

I love how Ingram has stepped it up this season, by next season he should be average 20ppg...!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I love how Ingram has stepped it up this season, by next season he should be average 20ppg...!

In the last 7 games, he's going strong at 19 ppg.
We're 23 games in. Considering that he wasn't at full strength in the beginning of the year and it took him 10-15 games to get adjusted to NBA speed and strength, I'm pretty damn excited.
Also, the kid is only 20!
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Right now is seems (from a fan perspective ) it's a tail of 2 cities. We saw in 2016 Ingram wanted to take the reigns of this team, he has a Mamba mentality. I mean we saw the little killer in him and we went ... Awww isn't he a cute lil killer, Baby Groot. This year growth has taken place and we are starting to notice, Hey he got a little peach fuzz on his face. Give him a razor. Lonzo... what can you say. I see nothing. Magic... Take this car back to the garage, it ain't ready. Where's the desire, Where's the Heart? I'm trying to see it, How do you see it? I.ve never seen a star or super star so quiet, so meek especially in LA. Lavar can sell all the wolf tickets he wants, it all starts with the heart, Lonzo ain't showing any yet in word or deeds. LA is waiting, give us something. Magic's got to show both Lavar and Lonzo this is the Lakers, this is LA, This is Showtime and if you aren't ready, down to the G league you go until you are ready.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
Right now is seems (from a fan perspective ) it's a tail of 2 cities. We saw in 2016 Ingram wanted to take the reigns of this team, he has a Mamba mentality. I mean we saw the little killer in him and we went ... Awww isn't he a cute lil killer, Baby Groot. This year growth has taken place and we are starting to notice, Hey he got a little peach fuzz on his face. Give him a razor. Lonzo... what can you say. I see nothing. Magic... Take this car back to the garage, it ain't ready. Where's the desire, Where's the Heart? I'm trying to see it, How do you see it? I.ve never seen a star or super star so quiet, so meek especially in LA. Lavar can sell all the wolf tickets he wants, it all starts with the heart, Lonzo ain't showing any yet in word or deeds. LA is waiting, give us something. Magic's got to show both Lavar and Lonzo this is the Lakers, this is LA, This is Showtime and if you aren't ready, down to the G league you go until you are ready.

Then you don't know what to look for unless someone's going for 40 because he impacts damn near every facet of the game. Pace, Rebounding, Defense, Assists, Vision he's already at elite or near elite levels for a PG. He is a timid scorer right now...because he's played 23-24 NBA games.

BI has now played over 100 NBA games and had a full offseason to know what to work on...and look at the results.

Lonzo will have the same results when you look at his work ethic.

If you look at his facial expressions you will be fooled...none of our guys are really visibly emotional or play to the crowd.

Lonzo sets the table...BI, Kuz, and whomever we get this offseason will feast. But if you expect Lonzo to be a 20ppg player I can recommend you don't hold your breath.

#BannersOverBillboards
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:

LOL

Did you just call Brandon Ingram BABY GROOT!!!!???

That's absolutely hilarious.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This guy here
#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reach of the year.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

#StayInYoLane wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Reach of the year.

Any time theres a rumor. Bs source or not. Someone gets an go go gadget boner
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: