OFFICIAL GARY LANCE JR THREAD - traded :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 219, 220, 221  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
defense wrote:
Currently Larry leads the team in rebounds, steals and TS% in only 23.9 mins

Great post! Also, how many things does he do that does not show up in the stats. Help D, loose balls, keeping balls in play, solid picks, moving without the ball, SINCERELY cheering and rooting for team mates, etc. The kid is the PERFECT role player on for a championship team. It surprises me that he is not appreciated by some.

I love Larry Nace, but unfortunately the average fan can’t appreciate him unless the team around him is really, really good.

I have him as the starting center next year (just a placeholder really) in front of Randle.

On a team with George and James most of all of us will see his real value.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Nance has been bad since he came back.

This was his first ineffective game since coming back.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Practice wrote:
Nance has been bad since he came back.

This was his first ineffective game since coming back.

I guess we'll disagree on that.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Nance is a great energy guy off the bench. I have no idea why Luke wants him to start.

Lakers record with Nance starting: 3 and 8

Lakers record without Nance even playing: 5 and 6
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject:

He can’t start on this team if we want to win games. It just doesn’t work
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Think we need to go back to Randle as starter. Nance provides more spacing theoretically, but why does that matter when Lopez does that as well? Ideally, you have one spacer and one banger, so JR and Lopez should work. Plus, it's not as if Larry has hit or even dare to take any jumpers.

He should be small ball center in the second unit and let Kuz feast. Right now Kuz is sharing scoring spotlights with Randle and Clarkson off the bench. Three of our best scorers are on the bench. When will Luke realize this???
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

In a perfect world I'd say start Kuzma at PF and Randle at C. I doubt that will happen because they don't want to bench Lopez and hurt his trade value. I'm not sure if Nance spaces the floor better though. He has shot it better from mid-range this season, Randle has regressed on his mid-range shot from last season. Nance has been unwilling to fire from three point range though, only taking two all season (and missing both). Randle has only shot 25% on his threes this year, but he has taken 20 of them. But he's taken 13 of those in the last 9 games, and knocked them down at a 30.8% rate. Kuzma by far the best floor spacer of our bigs, but I think you certainly have to at least respect Kuzma and Lopez's jumpers. You don't really have to fear Randles, but he'll take it. Nance should take more jumpers.

I like Nance. I think he's a solid role player. But I think he's our third best power forward. I think the likely issue with starting Randle at PF would be that you'd then bring in Kuzma as the backup PF and use Randle as the backup center since he's better than Nance there. It would likely result in few minutes for Nance and Larry has played well enough to deserve some minutes. Kuzma/Lopez the problem is that your backup bigs are Nance/Randle and nobody to space the floor. If they are going to start Lopez I think Larry becomes your starter by default for balance purposes, but if that is the case he should probably have his minutes reduced.

I'm glad I'm not in Walton's shoes because he's not in an easy spot. Some type of a change has to be made. And I think if you replace one of the PF/C you have to replace both for spacing purposes.

In the last three games since Nance returned:

Randle: +10 in 76 minutes (+0.13/min)
Kuzma: +5 in 47 minutes (+0.11/min)
Nance: -44 in 76 minutes (-0.58/min)
Lopez: -34 in 57 minutes (-0.6/min)

Kuzma missed one of those three games. Minute distribution:

Nance: 25.3
Randle: 25.3
Kuzma: 23.5
Lopez: 19

Lopez has rightly received the least number of minutes in those games as he played subpar in all but one quarter of them. Nance shouldn't be at top of that list with Randle though. And in general you'd expect Lopez and Kuzma to get more minutes than Nance, as well.

I don't want this post to be interpreted as Larry bashing. Because it's not. He's having a career year. He's one of the best big men in the league at jumping into passing lanes, and has become a good rebounder. But given that four headed monster at PF/C I think he's the weakest of the four.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Nance needs to come off the bench. Horrible for spacing and his d is overrated
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
In a perfect world I'd say start Kuzma at PF and Randle at C. I doubt that will happen because they don't want to bench Lopez and hurt his trade value. I'm not sure if Nance spaces the floor better though. He has shot it better from mid-range this season, Randle has regressed on his mid-range shot from last season. Nance has been unwilling to fire from three point range though, only taking two all season (and missing both). Randle has only shot 25% on his threes this year, but he has taken 20 of them. But he's taken 13 of those in the last 9 games, and knocked them down at a 30.8% rate. Kuzma by far the best floor spacer of our bigs, but I think you certainly have to at least respect Kuzma and Lopez's jumpers. You don't really have to fear Randles, but he'll take it. Nance should take more jumpers.

I like Nance. I think he's a solid role player. But I think he's our third best power forward. I think the likely issue with starting Randle at PF would be that you'd then bring in Kuzma as the backup PF and use Randle as the backup center since he's better than Nance there. It would likely result in few minutes for Nance and Larry has played well enough to deserve some minutes. Kuzma/Lopez the problem is that your backup bigs are Nance/Randle and nobody to space the floor. If they are going to start Lopez I think Larry becomes your starter by default for balance purposes, but if that is the case he should probably have his minutes reduced.

I'm glad I'm not in Walton's shoes because he's not in an easy spot. Some type of a change has to be made. And I think if you replace one of the PF/C you have to replace both for spacing purposes.

In the last three games since Nance returned:

Randle: +10 in 76 minutes (+0.13/min)
Kuzma: +5 in 47 minutes (+0.11/min)
Nance: -44 in 76 minutes (-0.58/min)
Lopez: -34 in 57 minutes (-0.6/min)

Kuzma missed one of those three games. Minute distribution:

Nance: 25.3
Randle: 25.3
Kuzma: 23.5
Lopez: 19

Lopez has rightly received the least number of minutes in those games as he played subpar in all but one quarter of them. Nance shouldn't be at top of that list with Randle though. And in general you'd expect Lopez and Kuzma to get more minutes than Nance, as well.

I don't want this post to be interpreted as Larry bashing. Because it's not. He's having a career year. He's one of the best big men in the league at jumping into passing lanes, and has become a good rebounder. But given that four headed monster at PF/C I think he's the weakest of the four.

Why would they be concerned with Lopez’s trade value?
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

I'd guess Lopez is a one year rental. They don't have his bird rights and unless he took a huge pay cut in what will likely be his final payday I doubt they want to use their cap space on him. He could be of value to a contender, or could be of value in acquiring one of their max free agent targets for this summer because he would help match contracts, and also has some value as a player. His value as a player has probably diminished with his struggles to fit in this season and would only get worse if he's moved to the bench.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

I'd guess Lopez is a one year rental. They don't have his bird rights and unless he took a huge pay cut in what will likely be his final payday I doubt they want to use their cap space on him. He could be of value to a contender, or could be of value in acquiring one of their max free agent targets for this summer because he would help match contracts, and also has some value as a player. His value as a player has probably diminished with his struggles to fit in this season and would only get worse if he's moved to the bench.

They should be much more concerned with Deng and Clarkson’s trade value.

These two guys are the only two guys holding them back from signing George and James outright.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject:

Please reduce the minutes of Nance and Lopez...I like Nance as a hustle man coming off the bench. Lopez...runs like an Alaskan trapper trotting in 3 ft of snow. He’s not going to be here next year...so why play him more than 10 minutes per game? BTW they would start on the NBA’s all nice team. Real good dudes...
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

Sorry Nance but you ain't a starter. Get Kuz back please. At least we actually won a game with him starting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

Luke loves the 96 minutes/4 phenomenon. Did that with our guards last year too.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Nance needs to come off the bench. Horrible for spacing and his d is overrated

He's never, at least in my book, going to be a starter. We're in serious trouble if he's the starter going forth.

However, he's the absolute best kind of role player off the bench. I love him in that role.
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Think we need to go back to Randle as starter. Nance provides more spacing theoretically, but why does that matter when Lopez does that as well? Ideally, you have one spacer and one banger, so JR and Lopez should work. Plus, it's not as if Larry has hit or even dare to take any jumpers.

He should be small ball center in the second unit and let Kuz feast. Right now Kuz is sharing scoring spotlights with Randle and Clarkson off the bench. Three of our best scorers are on the bench. When will Luke realize this???

[Luke]You're making too much sense. Can't have that.[/Luke]
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Nance is a great energy guy off the bench. I have no idea why Luke wants him to start.

Lakers record with Nance starting: 3 and 8

Lakers record without Nance even playing: 5 and 6

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Christopher C wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

[Luke]You're making too much sense. Can't have that.[/Luke]

That does make a lottttt of sense.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Tell me 1 thing Nance has improved on this year?

Doesn't look at the basket at all

He's better at picking up steals. +0.4 from last year, and +0.6 per 36 minutes. Rebounding better than he has at any stage of his career (+1.2 per game and +1.6 per 36 minutes). His field goal percentage has also shot up 6% though I think that is partly because he is taking less jumpers. Not entirely though his shooting at the rim is up 5.4%.

I do think he's improved, but the competition at his position is also a lot tougher than it has been in years past. Last year he was competing with a lesser version of Randle, Mozgov, Deng, and Zubac for minutes. This year he's got an improved Randle, Lopez, and Kuzma, with Ingram also getting some power forward minutes.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Tell me 1 thing Nance has improved on this year?

Doesn't look at the basket at all

He's better at picking up steals. +0.4 from last year, and +0.6 per 36 minutes. Rebounding better than he has at any stage of his career (+1.2 per game and +1.6 per 36 minutes). His field goal percentage has also shot up 6% though I think that is partly because he is taking less jumpers. Not entirely though his shooting at the rim is up 5.4%.

I do think he's improved, but the competition at his position is also a lot tougher than it has been in years past. Last year he was competing with a lesser version of Randle, Mozgov, Deng, and Zubac for minutes. This year he's got an improved Randle, Lopez, and Kuzma, with Ingram also getting some power forward minutes.

+1
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Larry was probably the best player in the first half against the Rockets tonight. Good effort on the offensive glass.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Nice bounce back game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Nice game LNJr!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The Nance at center project needs to end. Keep him at PF.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

You still suck Larry. Stop holding us back from the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 202, 203, 204 ... 219, 220, 221  Next
Page 203 of 221
Jump to: