Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

I was at the Lakers game also tonight in Denver and just got home. I was 7 rows behind the Lakers bench so I got a good view of not only the action but how things went on the bench.

-Game started out slow, Luke got pissed and walked down to the end of the bench to Clarkson and Randle and yelled "Do you want to play some defense?" Both replied yes and were sent into the game.

-During time outs when he was not in the game, Randle was standing 10 feet away from the huddle looking into the crowd not paying attention to the coaches or his team mates. Everyone else was encouraging the guys on the floor or listening to the coaches. It was like he was zoned out.

-Hart subbed in and out for Ingram at SF. Hart's handles were horrible tonight. Kept dribbling the ball off his foot during warmups. Almost all of this made shots were catch and shoot. Almost his misses came off the dribble during warm ups. Hart did struggle to guard bigger guys in the post after switches.

-Luke screwed the game up late in the fourth when Randle and Plumlee got into it. You could tell Randle was losing his cool and was about to get t'd up so Luke pulled him and put in Larry with the second unit. Larry has not worked with the second unit much this year and there were major communication breakdowns resulting in Faried back dooring the Lakers defense for layups and other missed assignments. Luke put Randle back in but by then it was too late. Denver had the lead and that was all she wrote.

-Bryant is this teams Mateen Cleaves. For you young posters Mateen Cleaves was a journeyman from 2000-2006 whose main job was to cheer on and encourage his teamates. Bryant was constantly jumping up whenever a Laker made a good play and was the first off the bench to high five the players coming off the floor during time outs. Had a sweet stroke during warms ups.

-Bogut was coaching up the other players on the floor during the game. Bogut was talking to Larry about defensive assignments a couple of times during the game. I liked it.

-Ball was aggressive for some time but was passive for others parts of the game. Murray got under his skin late in the game yelling in Ball's face "You can't guard me!" Ball was hitting his jumper during warmups

-Kuzma strugggled with Lyles for most of the game Lyles is about as tall as Kuzma and stayed close to Kuzma on the three point line not giving him a lot of room or time to make shots. IMO Lyles height bothered Kuzma on the perimeter.

-Lopez was pretty effective taking Plumlee down low but went to the perimeter and started missing the the first quarter. When Lopez started missing is when Denver went on a run and built a 10 point lead in the first quarter. Once Lopez went out and Randle came in and started his normal bull in the china shop down low routine is when the Lakers got back into the game. Down by 6 at the end of Q1, up by 4 at the half mainly due to Randle and Hart.

Thats all folks. Thanks!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Good post.. thanks for sharing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Love the Randle and Bogut insights
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

Laker7 wrote:
Bryant is this teams Mateen Cleaves.

The new Robert Sacre.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Great post dude!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the post. Question: when Ball hit his second consecutive shot early in the game, and then was subbed for, did it immediately strike you as the wrong time to pull the young man?

He's having a challenging year shooting the ball, and unless he was tired, I'm going to ride it a bit when he's hitting that shot, not pull him.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

Great post thanks for sharing

When I go to the games I am also behind the Lakers bench. I have noticed some of the same observations with regards to demeanor and interactions.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Thanks for the post. Question: when Ball hit his second consecutive shot early in the game, and then was subbed for, did it immediately strike you as the wrong time to pull the young man?

He's having a challenging year shooting the ball, and unless he was tired, I'm going to ride it a bit when he's hitting that shot, not pull him.

Yupe I said that in game thread: lonzo scores on a layup and hits a 3.

Luke benches him

Smh

I purposely used the word "subbed" for, rather than "benching", because benching sounds so punitive. Subbing in that situation, however, strikes me as ill-timed, ridiculous, bad coaching, take your pick.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

Laker7 wrote:
-Game started out slow, Luke got pissed and walked down to the end of the bench to Clarkson and Randle and yelled "Do you want to play some defense?" Both replied yes and were sent into the game.

been so classic if they looked at each other and was like "nah, this altitude is a not good for our respiratory.....but we're good if you need some short minute offense"
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

The new Robert Sacre.

Everyone gets this wrong....more than Madsen or Sacre or whoever, no one will surpass Turiaf for bench hype master.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

During warm ups Ball was doing a lot of stretches and after the game Ball said he had a lot of leg tightness. I think It was more about limiting his minutes do the tightness that I was pulling him at the wrong time.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Great post dude!

Thanks!
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Another person at the Lakers game tonight. Thoughts.

J.C. Smith wrote:
Laker7 wrote:

The new Robert Sacre.

Turiaf - ? - Sacre - Nance - Bryant

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

During warm ups Ball was doing a lot of stretches and after the game Ball said he had a lot of leg tightness. I think It was more about limiting his minutes do the tightness that I was pulling him at the wrong time.

I figured something was up, thanks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: