Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:
Man, Twan and Big Game trying to explain the modern NBA game is so painful

Spectrum is so painful ...start to finish

Better than most team's shows. Most teams don't even have their own channel still stuck on FSN

I get cable just for the Lakers coverage but I'm forced to watch streams from the opponents ...last year for me
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
BizLA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

Better than most team's shows. Most teams don't even have their own channel still stuck on FSN

I get cable just for the Lakers coverage but I'm forced to watch streams from the opponents ...last year for me

Where do you live?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

TWC curse has been alive and well since the Lakers made a agreement with them, for every late game collapses those used to be the Lakers going on runs or hitting a game winner.

I think it's gonna be a while before the Lakers find there winning grove, to many stuff like Dr.Buss passing away and other elements have played a role on how regression as a franchise.

No need to get overly pessimistic. A lot of the issues surrounding the Lakers was the management which is now ran by new faces.
I'm confident Magic and Pelinka will turn this team around.

They can turn it around and probably will, the question is rather it might take a while, I'm on the FA bandwagon but I don't see anyone coming here unless we win 35-40 games, we probably end up with 2nd and 3rd tiers.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

It's really hard to fill a whole channel though. When the Lakers lose a game and then have two days off, that loss ends up being played like 10 times . Who wants to watch that?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
BizLA wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

It's really hard to fill a whole channel though. When the Lakers lose a game and then have two days off, that loss ends up being played like 10 times . Who wants to watch that?

I have more than one channel myself lol
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Mark Jackson has somewhat of a bipolar/OCD/schizophrenic past in dealing with people socially. No links to offer, but he’s got a bit of a backstabbing twitch with him. Could very well be yet another disastrous hire if you pick him.

Better to go with an old, experienced coach with oodles of coaching experience.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

TWC curse has been alive and well since the Lakers made a agreement with them, for every late game collapses those used to be the Lakers going on runs or hitting a game winner.

I think it's gonna be a while before the Lakers find there winning grove, to many stuff like Dr.Buss passing away and other elements have played a role on how regression as a franchise.

No need to get overly pessimistic. A lot of the issues surrounding the Lakers was the management which is now ran by new faces.

They can turn it around and probably will, the question is rather it might take a while, I'm on the FA bandwagon but I don't see anyone coming here unless we win 35-40 games, we probably end up with 2nd and 3rd tiers.

I still think we have enough to trade for Cousins. I'm sure Magic is trying to cook up the best trade possible without giving up the 3 future pieces. If we can get a guy like Cousins this team could make the playoffs this year and PG13 is likely to want to sign next year.

I'm telling you things can turn around fast. No one thought we would get Pau Gasol for Kwame and Javaris Crittenton.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Mark Jackson has somewhat of a bipolar/OCD/schizophrenic past in dealing with people socially. No links to offer, but he’s got a bit of a backstabbing twitch with him. Could very well be yet another disastrous hire if you pick him.

Like who
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

I still think we have enough to trade for Cousins. I'm sure Magic is trying to cook up the best trade possible without giving up the 3 future pieces. If we can get a guy like Cousins this team could make the playoffs this year and PG13 is likely to want to sign next year.

I'm telling you things can turn around fast. No one thought we would get Pau Gasol for Kwame and Javaris Crittenton.

I hope your right. I have been suggesting that we need a big trade to perhaps spark this team, All we need right now is that Pelinka and Magic are losing patience and are searching for answers.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Like who

like PJ who doesn't play rookies?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Like who

Just spitballing names: Dunleavy Sr., Messina, Tubby Smith, Van Gundy, maybe Monty Williams, or even Bernie Bickerstaff Sr.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

I hope your right. I have been suggesting that we need a big trade to perhaps spark this team, All we need right now is that Pelinka and Magic are losing patience and are searching for answers.

Thats why I'm not too concerned. Magic is a winner he ain't about to sit back watch the team lose and do nothing
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Del Harris too.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

“When I was a rookie, I hated Del,” Bryant said. “I always said if I get a chance to get revenge, I’m going to get it.”
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

“When I was a rookie, I hated Del,” Bryant said. “I always said if I get a chance to get revenge, I’m going to get it.”

Kobe hated Harris because he’d only play Kobe 17 minutes a game. To be fair, Kobe would’ve hated any coach in that circumstance.

Again though, just spitballing names off the top of my head with vast coaching experience.

Paul Westphal is another guy, but he’s never really done anything impressive, IMO.

How about Larry Bird or Isaiah Thomas?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

Kobe hated Harris because he’d only play Kobe 17 minutes a game. To be fair, Kobe would’ve hated any coach in that circumstance.

Again though, just spitballing names off the top of my head with vast coaching experience.

Paul Westphal is another guy, but he’s never really done anything impressive, IMO.

How about Larry Bird or Isaiah Thomas?

That was my point...

Big Game hates LB for real

as for IT I think he's an idiot but him playing HS ball in my hood I may be prejudiced
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

I wouldn't hire a guy that might not be around much longer
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

Jerry West made the intuitive hire of bringing on Hubie Brown to that Grizzlies team with Pau Gasol and Bonzi Wells with great success.

This team needs a steadying influence and a presence who has command over the team. The most important though, is high level basketball intelligence.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Del Harris too.

Jerry West made the intuitive hire of bringing on Hubie Brown to that Grizzlies team with Pau Gasol and Bonzi Wells with great success.

This team needs a steadying influence and a presence who has command over the team. The most important though, is high level basketball intelligence.

I agree with this just saying 80 years old is up there. Hubie was 69 or 70 when he was hired.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
No words can express my frustration with this loss.

Just that it actually hurts in some strange way...not sure why, 9-13 wasn't much better but it does

Kuz did play more and shot more just not there tonight as usual

But last 5 minutes just seemed Lakers started doing silly TO and long range shots for the most part

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be so puzzled by why the team fell apart at the end of the game.

The game was played in Denver. Denver is the mile high city.

Teams not used to playing at that altitude often give out towards the end of the game. Especially teams that like to run.

To beat Denver at Denver, you have to build up a big lead to compensate for the fourth quarter.

This used to be common knowledge, but it seems to have been forgotten.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
DrDent wrote:
No words can express my frustration with this loss.

Just that it actually hurts in some strange way...not sure why, 9-13 wasn't much better but it does

Kuz did play more and shot more just not there tonight as usual

But last 5 minutes just seemed Lakers started doing silly TO and long range shots for the most part

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be so puzzled by why the team fell apart at the end of the game.

The game was played in Denver. Denver is the mile high city.

Teams not used to playing at that altitude often give out towards the end of the game. Especially teams that like to run.

To beat Denver at Denver, you have to build up a big lead to compensate for the fourth quarter.

This used to be common knowledge, but it seems to have been forgotten.

Common knowledge is that we have been giving away leads and collapsing at the end of games from just about any team you can name, it’s not just Denver we have a problem with, we have been having these melt downs seemingly for years from all the teams with different climates.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
foshowtime wrote:

Thats why I'm not too concerned. Magic is a winner he ain't about to sit back watch the team lose and do nothing

Magic put this team together
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Common knowledge is that we have been giving away leads and collapsing at the end of games from just about any team you can name, it’s not just Denver we have a problem with, we have been having these melt downs seemingly for years from all the teams with different climates.

Really? What other teams have the Lakers lost to as a result of collapsing in the last 5 minutes?

I know we've lost more games than we've won, but I don't remember any where we had a collapse like this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: