P-Word

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: P-Word

Patience.

No one likes this word anymore in Lakerland. Firing Luke isn't the answer. We have young players, we have new players, we have often injured players in and out of the rotation. We have a young coach, and we dont have a superstar.

Hate to say this, but we fans have to be patient. Things have actually improved. Last season, almost every game was an expected loss.

This season, we are angry because we SHOULD be winning. That mindset, in itself, is a big step forward.

I think the Laker FO has already written this season off. The 8th spot can still be a carrot to dangle, but it's not happening, especially at this difficult month.

The plan should be, and probably is, to both develop younger players and showcase potential trade pieces, see some professional maturity this year, and then grab at least one superstar for next season. As fans, we should hope that our Lakers get at close to .500 as possible.

It's hard, but my optimism lies in landing that big name player in the near future.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: P-Word

troy wrote:
Patience.

Patience leads nowhere with lack of consistency. Therein lays the problem with the team and it starts with the head coach who is the worst offender of that.

It would be much easier to ask for "Patience" if we actually had a consistent direction or identity, or even a more effective one which is very possible given the data we have.

We have a coach however that plays favorites, is inconsistent and ignores data.

So I'm sorry, but "Patience" isn't going to fix what's wrong with this team. It starts at the coach, and till he finds consistency or actually acknowledges what he's doing wrong we could be patient all day but nothing will change.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Zero patience for incompetent coaching.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

what about inconsistent players? See DB's game post; truth is there...
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject:

I think this p word stands for how were gonna feel when Julius is somewhere else putting up 20/10 and looking like Draymond. Luke's acting like this thread titles other possibilities. IJS
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

I thought u were gonna write P for Phil Jackson
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject:

and I thought it was about the Lakers girls...
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: P-Word

troy wrote:
Patience.

No one likes this word anymore in Lakerland. Firing Luke isn't the answer. We have young players, we have new players, we have often injured players in and out of the rotation. We have a young coach, and we dont have a superstar.

Hate to say this, but we fans have to be patient. Things have actually improved. Last season, almost every game was an expected loss.

This season, we are angry because we SHOULD be winning. That mindset, in itself, is a big step forward.

I think the Laker FO has already written this season off. The 8th spot can still be a carrot to dangle, but it's not happening, especially at this difficult month.

The plan should be, and probably is, to both develop younger players and showcase potential trade pieces, see some professional maturity this year, and then grab at least one superstar for next season. As fans, we should hope that our Lakers get at close to .500 as possible.

It's hard, but my optimism lies in landing that big name player in the near future.

All due respect but who has been in and out of the lineup besides Nance? See how certain fans will ride or die no matter what? Come up with excuse after excuse after excuse. Literally every young team is making progress and showing signs BESIDES us. Orlando, New York even Phoenix. It’s a joke that we lost to the clips AGAIN, missing Gallo, Beverley and even Griffin at the end It’s a joke that we were down 19 in the first half to Chicago. It’s a joke Denver curb stomped us without Milsap and Jokic. Where’s the progress? Don’t base it on wins and losses then..where is the progress? And yes this includes the coach. Pelinka said we’d see something we’ve never seen before. WhEre is that???
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

We'd probably be 8th seed right now if we had a steady seasoned hand to guide our team down the stretch. Luke's inability to adjust on the fly at the ends of games due to his lack of experience/intelligence/competent assistants is killing us.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

that is NOT the "P" word!

How can you be down with Other People's Patience?

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

Pstartrandle
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: P-Word

SGVL1 wrote:
troy wrote:
Patience.

All due respect but who has been in and out of the lineup besides Nance? See how certain fans will ride or die no matter what? Come up with excuse after excuse after excuse. Literally every young team is making progress and showing signs BESIDES us. Orlando, New York even Phoenix. It’s a joke that we lost to the clips AGAIN, missing Gallo, Beverley and even Griffin at the end It’s a joke that we were down 19 in the first half to Chicago. It’s a joke Denver curb stomped us without Milsap and Jokic. Where’s the progress? Don’t base it on wins and losses then..where is the progress? And yes this includes the coach. Pelinka said we’d see something we’ve never seen before. WhEre is that???

Ask Pelinka, he and Magic built this hodgepodge of unbalanced players. Half the roster are bigs, some that don’t see the floor for more than 10 mpg. We were predicted to win 29-32 games due to our roster and will likely fall within that range. We aren’t underachieving.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

Thought this thread was going to be about the Process.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Roxy Loves Tacos!
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

It's as if a team predicted to win between 28-33 games (via statistical models, advanced analytics, and basketball journalists) is doing EXACTLY what a 28-33 win team does throughout the year: lose games against lesser competition sometimes, blow games in the final 5 minutes other times, win the occasional game they had no business winning, or blow out a random team once in a while. Wow, who woulda thunk?!

Magic & Rob never announced that the playoffs were the goal. THREE rookies are getting significant opportunities to play in the 4th quarter in close games (and a 20-year-old who looks like a baby giraffe at times).

Coaching is such an easy target to point your fingers at, and the doom-and-gloomers are saying they're sabotaging their growth. If you hate it so much, go root for the Spurs or Jazz since their coaching infrastructure is so flawless. Otherwise, roll with the punches and enjoy the journey.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
It's as if a team predicted to win between 28-33 games (via statistical models, advanced analytics, and basketball journalists) is doing EXACTLY what a 28-33 win team does throughout the year: lose games against lesser competition sometimes, blow games in the final 5 minutes other times, win the occasional game they had no business winning, or blow out a random team once in a while. Wow, who woulda thunk?!

Magic & Rob never announced that the playoffs were the goal. THREE rookies are getting significant opportunities to play in the 4th quarter in close games (and a 20-year-old who looks like a baby giraffe at times).

Coaching is such an easy target to point your fingers at, and the doom-and-gloomers are saying they're sabotaging their growth. If you hate it so much, go root for the Spurs or Jazz since their coaching infrastructure is so flawless. Otherwise, roll with the punches and enjoy the journey.

Preach!
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
cyborgspider wrote:

Preach!

+1

We as fans simply have to be able to point the finger at someone when things go wrong. Now we are hearing things like "we have no direction", "we haven't improved", "were going nowhere", when we clearly DO have direction and are improving. Just read the threads from last week and notice the complete change of tone. I'd say the most inconsistent part of the Lakers is the fans
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Puke. That's the first word that came to mind; as in Walton.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I’d like to know the percent of people who want Walton fired now versus the percent of people who are open to the team replacing him this summer.

I think those who want him gone tomorrow are being impatient, but those, like myself, who want to let him play out the season, as long as things don’t spiral down, are being patient.

Management, at some point though, will have to send the directive down to take Lopez out of the rotation. At some point Bryant Deng should get a shot.

In the meantime, somewhere in between “fire him now” and “don’t be too critical of our young coach” is the happy median of “I’m okay with him being fired this summer, but he isn’t immune to criticism now”.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I’d like to know the percent of people who want Walton fired now versus the percent of people who are open to the team replacing him this summer.

I think those who want him gone tomorrow are being impatient, but those, like myself, who want to let him play out the season, as long as things don’t spiral down, are being patient.

Management, at some point though, will have to send the directive down to take Lopez out of the rotation. At some point Bryant Deng should get a shot.

In the meantime, somewhere in between “fire him now” and “don’t be too critical of our young coach” is the happy median of “I’m okay with him being fired this summer, but he isn’t immune to criticism now”.

I am not a huge fan of the replacement options if Luke was fired so I am against it. And if the front office fired him mid-season that would make B Shaw our interim head coach and, uh,
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Yea you know me!
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Roxy Loves Tacos!

and I love Roxy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: