OFFICIAL KYLE KUZMANIA THREAD (tupac impressed, p416)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 415, 416, 417  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8888
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
watchME wrote:
Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

should be the starting 5.




_________________
........................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7843
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Kuzma should be starting.

_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 1251

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject:

I think the team was bettter with him starting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Son I respect the stat padding in the 4th
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24881

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Son I respect the stat padding in the 4th



_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24881

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Is it bad of me for looking at his game outside of shooting/scoring?
But I will be happy about the shooting/scoring since he's a rook.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NBALakerLegends
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 730

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is it bad of me for looking at his game outside of shooting/scoring?
But I will be happy about the shooting/scoring since he's a rook.


He’s a good rebounder. He was a good rebounder in college too. When he doesn’t leak out, he’s quick to the ball and boxes out. Once he gets a little stronger he’s a potential 10 boards a game guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is it bad of me for looking at his game outside of shooting/scoring?
But I will be happy about the shooting/scoring since he's a rook.


I don't think it's bad, you're weighing his game fairly. He makes some rookie mistakes too and has at least a travel a game

The reason I'm so insistent on him having a major role in the offense despite all this is that he shows so much promise as a potentially elite scorer. Not everyone can do what he does. I think for players like this, it's worth taking the lumps in some lesser defense & decision-making as we eventually figure out if they're going to be a starting level or star-level scorer or 6th man sparkplug. If they're being buried on the bench already treated like a sparkplug, we'll never really know. A lot of talented scorers have iffy advanced numbers & impact when they start out, like Booker & Lavine did. But then they improve.
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 95938
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Just let him shoot 25 a game. Go Kuzamamba. The rest of this team sans Ingram is pretty brutal to watch.
_________________
Let’s bring Ariza home!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 277

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24881

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Mar 2009
Posts: 3777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Kuz betrayed Kobe today. He wore Lebron 15s today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.


bless this post
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 277

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


It remains to be seen. They're not being instructed specifically to make plays at the moment. But Luke has to realize that Zo was never a half court play maker. Let Ingram and Kuz handle the ball in the half court, break down or penetrate the defense and have Zo play off-ball and have Brook and KCP in the perimeter for the catch and shoot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24881

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.


Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 8151

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.


bless this post


bless you too
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5911
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Give him his damn starting spot back Luke!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20267

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
3baller wrote:
I really don't understand why Luke refuses to unleash this dude on offense. Can somebody tell him we can't actually win if we don't score with the ball?

Kuz is 80 percentile scoring at the post, 99.3 percentile on isolation and of course he shoots the team high 37.4% from 3. All that without any plays being run specifically for him(except for when he's called to jack up a three with the clock winding down at the end of quarters) or at least none that I have seen.

Of course the numbers could go down as and if he gets more attempts but just to compare, Ingram who is our go-to guy on ISO's every time we're forced to play half-court is only 26.8 percentile on isolation plays making only 35.4% of his attempts.

Kuz needs to start. I prefer benching Lopez but that's not very likely to happen. Kuz has to start but not only that, Luke has to actually run the offense through both Kuz and Ingram if want to win some games.

It's not rocket science. You run your offense through your best offensive players. Sharing the ball is nice and everything but you can't have guys shooting with low percentages have almost the same shot attempts per game as your better scorers. KCP and Lonzo shouldn't shoot more than 8 attempts per game. Both KCP and Zo are averaging 11 shot attempts right now while Kuz and Ingram are shooting not many more than them at only 12.8 and 12.7 a game. That's not a winning formula.

Give Kuz and BI the ball not only to shoot but also make plays for other guys. These 2 can do what Zo can't in the half court. They can penetrate, break down the defense and either finish or playmake easily. Luke has to make sure these 2 get enough touches and have the offense run through them primarily.


bless this post


bless you too


Blessed. 👏🏻
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.


Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.


So then who else is a threat besides them? Because the other options aren't exactly reliable offense. KCP is flames or ice cold. Lonzo is in the arctic. No idea where Brook is, and when he's on, it's ISO post-ups and honestly ugly to watch. Larry is crazy efficient but he needs to be set up.

JC and Randle are threats, but they also come off the bench. So I don't really get wanting the ball to be shared among a bunch of non-threats on offense.
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 24881

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.


Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.


So then who else is a threat besides them? Because the other options aren't exactly reliable offense. KCP is flames or ice cold. Lonzo is in the arctic. No idea where Brook is, and when he's on, it's ISO post-ups and honestly ugly to watch. Larry is crazy efficient but he needs to be set up.

JC and Randle are threats, but they also come off the bench. So I don't really get wanting the ball to be shared among a bunch of non-threats on offense.



I feel they have to run the plays this way where everyone gets a look.
Yes, guys like Brook and KCP aren't consistent.
But imagine we run the same plays and we replace KCP and Brook with guys such as PG and Boogie for example.

The guys have to learn good habits now.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: NetRtg +31.2
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: NetRtg +12.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: NetRtg +10.7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 4784
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.


Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.


You're absolutely right about Kuz having some Ced in him.. He doesn't need a play called for him.. With that being said I think he could put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses if we ran more plays for him.

His decision making isn't always the best, but that will improve with repetition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128778
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Give him his damn starting spot back Luke!!


Luke challenged him to play defense, we saw what happened there.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9914

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
epak wrote:
Rhazz wrote:
epak wrote:
If we run the ball through Kuz and Ingram, no one else will touch the ball (hyperbole). Our ball movement is bad enough as it is.


They’re easily the best offensive players we have. Lack of distinct offensive focal points has been killing us this year. Someone needs to get the ball when points are needed and why not the two best guys? I’d rather let them do what they do than watch Clarkson suffocate the ball and then jack up a shot or Lopez, a 7 foot center, bricking threes.


Personally, I like the ball to move more to allow everyone to be a threat on offense. You can see that Kuzma and BI still get theres even when we're not looking for them all the time.

Kuz just has that Cedric Ceballos in him, where he can score even when you don't call his number.


So then who else is a threat besides them? Because the other options aren't exactly reliable offense. KCP is flames or ice cold. Lonzo is in the arctic. No idea where Brook is, and when he's on, it's ISO post-ups and honestly ugly to watch. Larry is crazy efficient but he needs to be set up.

JC and Randle are threats, but they also come off the bench. So I don't really get wanting the ball to be shared among a bunch of non-threats on offense.



I feel they have to run the plays this way where everyone gets a look.
Yes, guys like Brook and KCP aren't consistent.
But imagine we run the same plays and we replace KCP and Brook with guys such as PG and Boogie for example.

The guys have to learn good habits now.


So they shouldn't start Kuzma & put it on him to develop better habits as a starter because the Lakers might sign Boogie or PG this offseason? I don't know about that one...
_________________
Kyle Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 1449
Location: Vancouver BC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is our best freaking player and our best option on offense.
A regular 20 ppg player isnt starting yet Lonzo who shouldnt even be in the NBA is. I am livid with the whole thing to say the least.
They also get the same amount of shot attempts despite Lonzo being historically bad at shooting and by far the worst in the league in all shooting stats.

Its just frustrating. Ingram and Kuzma are clearly our two best players and should be treated as such. Start building around them now instead of doing whatever Luke is doing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 415, 416, 417  Next
Page 185 of 417
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB