Hornets, Blazers, Nets interested in dealing for Jordan Clarkson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I think JC and Randle would welcome a trade. If I was either of them, I would want far away from this FO and coaching staff.

Don’t think they’d welcome a trade. Think they’d welcome the trade of our coach more.

no tangible evidence, but my gut leads me to believe they know that Luke is mostly trying to please his bosses.

Thank goodness your gut is wrong about them having ill feelings towards the FO.

these are the posts that annoy me the most....I was very clear that I was purely speculating...not trying to spread false facts or insinuate anyone should even agree with me.

Then along comes a completely clueless speculation post masquerading as fact in an attempt to "prove" me wrong....all so they can continue to pretend reality is exactly as they prefer.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

Just check the teams with available space this summer.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Yeah, you obviously have a mental wall erected in your mind’s eye.

When you want to get rid of a player, you CAN trade him to accomplish said end.

tried to be clear I was just giving you a hard time....if I failed....that was the goal. so what do you think it would take to move Deng without nothing coming back?

Multiple drat picks.

maybe, but I do not agree....GM's knowing your moving him to sign 2 max players are not going to eat that salary for what them would be expected to be late (20-30) 2019 1st and a late (20-30) 2021 1st. Then on top of that, it would have to be a team that has enough unwanted expiring salary. I do not think that situation currently exists. If they truly want to move Deng, I expect they will have to part with Ball, Kuzma or Ingram. Those late 1st are not very valuable.

So right, then so wrong here.

would expect you to provide a couple examples since your sure it is wrong? Irregardless, my opinion is no team is eating $36 million in salary for a couple expected low value late 1st Round picks whose value is even reduced more by being 2-4 years in the future....maybe I will be wrong.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I think JC and Randle would welcome a trade. If I was either of them, I would want far away from this FO and coaching staff.

Don’t think they’d welcome a trade. Think they’d welcome the trade of our coach more.

no tangible evidence, but my gut leads me to believe they know that Luke is mostly trying to please his bosses.

Thank goodness your gut is wrong about them having ill feelings towards the FO.

these are the posts that annoy me the most....I was very clear that I was purely speculating...not trying to spread false facts or insinuate anyone should even agree with me.

Then along comes a completely clueless speculation post masquerading as fact in an attempt to "prove" me wrong....all so they can continue to pretend reality is exactly as they prefer.

Yet this guy would probably say that you’re the one speculating in your thoughts on how Randle thinks, whether you preface your ideas as a “gut” feeling or not.

I agree with you —about Randle’s feelings and people who disregard an observation oftentimes because they simply “can’t see it”.

Take solace in the fact that many visionaries are laughed at by blind people.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Yeah, you obviously have a mental wall erected in your mind’s eye.

When you want to get rid of a player, you CAN trade him to accomplish said end.

tried to be clear I was just giving you a hard time....if I failed....that was the goal. so what do you think it would take to move Deng without nothing coming back?

Multiple drat picks.

maybe, but I do not agree....GM's knowing your moving him to sign 2 max players are not going to eat that salary for what them would be expected to be late (20-30) 2019 1st and a late (20-30) 2021 1st. Then on top of that, it would have to be a team that has enough unwanted expiring salary. I do not think that situation currently exists. If they truly want to move Deng, I expect they will have to part with Ball, Kuzma or Ingram. Those late 1st are not very valuable.

So right, then so wrong here.

would expect you to provide a couple examples since your sure it is wrong? Irregardless, my opinion is no team is eating $36 million in salary for a couple expected low value late 1st Round picks whose value is even reduced more by being 2-4 years in the future....maybe I will be wrong.

Yes, of course. I could definitely be wrong as well, but I’m monitoring the Atlanta Hawks and Chicago Bulls situation quite carefully.

Those two teams are prime tangible examples of two teams with oodles of space who would absorb an expensive player that would net them draft picks.

If I’m Magic and Pelinka, I’d be prepared to offer three limited to no protection draft picks, and, to me at least, Atlanta or Chicago would bite on that. This is not without precedent. Get up on your history in these situations.

Also, to help in this end, because, you know, it’s an important detail in possibly being able to secure George, Randle, and James, THE LAKERS NEED TO PLAY DENG.

You can tell me all you want that “you CAN’T increase his value because he’s done”, but that’s a rather simple and self-defeatist attitude, I’d say.

Give him minutes. Put him in a position to succeed. Start him even.

It’s not like there are guys ahead of him who couldn’t use a little more bench time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

^^^ I for one have never agreed with how they have handled Deng. He can still play basketball....as good as some of the players that get PT. Do not see the benefit of letting him rot on the inactive list most nights.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^ I for one have never agreed with how they have handled Deng. He can still play basketball....as good as some of the players that get PT. Do not see the benefit of letting him rot on the inactive list most nights.

I have not seen anyone say this, but I suspect that there is an attitude issue.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

I wonder whose idea it was to not play him at all?

Unless they are hiding the fact that Deng is physically unable to play, it was/is really a dumb-ass idea.

No matter how you slice it, from a strategy standpoint, there is absolutely no reason to not play the guy you MOST need to trade.

He should be a starter, IMO — show the league he can play center and PF.

Funny, people talk of D’Antoni’s offensive genius. There were multiple times last night where 6’5 Tucker and 6’8 Mbah a Moute were playing Center.

Why can’t Lopez be shelved, only playing in matchup situations, while a better shooter and overal player takes his place.

I mean really, in the age of pace and space, this modern “positionless” basketball, which player is more important, which player is more generally valuable across the league, 6’9, seasoned defensively, 3&D Deng with seven foot arms, or Lopez?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

There is only an overcrowding issue, and Luke had to hurt someone’s feeling.

Walton chose wrong though. He should have completely benched Lopez and limited Nance’s minutes.

Really, a dumb-ass move considering the gravity of this summer. Surprised Magic and Pelinka didn’t demand Deng play — maybe they were too myopic in their “let the coaches coach” mantra?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

I don't think Deng was even on the bench last night
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I feel like the amount of time Brewer has gotten corroborates this. Deng is the superior player making far more money. LA wants neither on the roster next year but only one of them gets burn.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

There is only an overcrowding issue, and Luke had to hurt someone’s feeling.

Walton chose wrong though. He should have completely benched Lopez and limited Nance’s minutes.

Really, a dumb-ass move considering the gravity of this summer. Surprised Magic and Pelinka didn’t demand Deng play — maybe they were too myopic in their “let the coaches coach” mantra?

In my opinion, I would speculate that the FO is firmly behind and driving how Deng is being handled. I think Luke would play him if the decision was left to him.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

If someone gets traded, I'm willing to bet we will get a veteran PG in return for Lonzo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well heres the thing Randle and Clarkson has to go if the Lakers want 2 max slots open, and Deng too.

We trade these guys, win 28 games, have cap space but with no takers. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well heres the thing Randle and Clarkson has to go if the Lakers want 2 max slots open, and Deng too.

Not true. Randle or Clarkson.

Not intimately familiar with our cap situation, but didn’t Maginka say the DLo trade allows us to bring in 2 superstars?

Why would they say that if it doesn’t?

Because he wanted to fool Laker fans into thinking they have some great plan. Only he forgot to say it was the same plan that Jim and Mitch had that failed.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
If someone gets traded, I'm willing to bet we will get a veteran PG in return for Lonzo.

this FO is not trading Ball
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Giving the benefit of the doubt that they meant trading Clarkson or Randle in return for a vet PG to help mentor Lonzo.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

We trade these guys, win 28 games, have cap space but with no takers. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Just a reminder that I will hit you up next year when our current FO proves their worth. Comparing them with our previous FO buffoons has no merit.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

ToastedMuffins wrote:
adkindo wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Giving the benefit of the doubt that they meant trading Clarkson or Randle in return for a vet PG to help mentor Lonzo.

ok, I see it now
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Of those 3 only Brooklyn makes sense.

Brooklyn could do Booker + Acy + Toronto's 2018 1st round pick

Charlotte doesnt have expiring contracts.

Blazers could send Ed Davis + Vonleh + pick but I dont think they'd want to trade those two.

Id love to keep JC, but I think he's easier to replace than Randle.

So if we can get expirings plus a 1st round pick, its probably worth it.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

I dont think Lakers want to take back any salary that doesnt come off the books after the season.

So our vet PG will prob be a FA signing.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I feel like the amount of time Brewer has gotten corroborates this. Deng is the superior player making far more money. LA wants neither on the roster next year but only one of them gets burn.

I dont really think Deng can play SF. If we had time at PF, he'd probably play.

Brewer, even though he makes dumb plays, still makes a solid D play per game ususally.

Id be fine bringing back Brewer next year on a vet min to be our third string SF.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject:

We dont have to deal both JR and JC (plus Deng) to get two max guys.

We can afford two max guys plus JR or JC so long as Deng is dealt.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Just a reminder that I will hit you up next year when our current FO proves their worth. Comparing them with our previous FO buffoons has no merit.

True, Mitch did bring us 4 titles
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

Lets not also forget you were the biggest proponent of the signings of Moz and Deng. How did the "VETERAN LEADERSHIP" work out for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21
Jump to: