After watching The philly "process" players some may believe the Grass is Greener...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Here’s were I quit the internet for the rest of the day

Quote:
We dont know what we are dealing with in Embiid yet. Hes currently not in shape being out of condition, immobile for most of this year. He hasnt had an offseason to practice or workout since hes been drafted . Shaq was an absolute beast and Im not saying Embiid will be anothe Shaq but what I am saying is that theres a realistic possibility Embiid may be better than Shaq.

- A Sixer fan from another hoops board

So Embiid is Shaq, Simmons is Magic, I guess that would make Fultz Jerry West and I'm sure Saric is Worthy. I love a rabid fan base, but let's just pump the breaks on the comparisons for those guys until they can play half a season and not require a walking cast.

The ironing is rich.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

So can you give me any legitimate reason LeBron would choose the Lakers over the 76ers that doesn't revolve around "We're in Los Angeles" and "LeBron needs to play basketball in Los Angeles to do Los Angeles business"

One good reason is actually two good reasons, Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka

And space jam 2

Starting to focus on his production company. All his top guys have already moved to LA. You might not want to believe it but as long as ingram and lonzo dont die between now and free agency he is going to be here.

Right, because he can’t produce a prime time tv show from Cleveland. Oh wait, he has.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

So can you give me any legitimate reason LeBron would choose the Lakers over the 76ers that doesn't revolve around "We're in Los Angeles" and "LeBron needs to play basketball in Los Angeles to do Los Angeles business"

And space jam 2

Starting to focus on his production company. All his top guys have already moved to LA. You might not want to believe it but as long as ingram and lonzo dont die between now and free agency he is going to be here.

The word is he is focusing on his post NBA career now. He wants to be a billionaire. Rich Paul and Maverick Carter have moved to LA already. His kids and wife are supposedly are living here and going to school here. He has three tv shows being produced in LA. He doesn't have to choose between Space Jam 2 or contending for titles because he has already is makin Space Jam 2. It's coming out next year.

I think Lebron knows he's never going to catch Jordan on the court. That ship has sailed. But he can certainly surpasss Jordan off the court and be the most financially sucesssful NBA player of all time. How pissed would Jordan be if Lebron made more money than him someday? If he wants to contend for titles, then there are better choices to be made. But if he wants to be Bill Gates or Warren Buffet, LA would be the place to do it. It's not basketball decision if he came here, it would be the rest of his life decision.

Why do people like Sean Comb and Jay Z live out here? They claim NY always, but they can live anywhere they want, but they are in LA. It's because they are taking advantage of other industries outside of music and capitalizing on their money making potential.

That I can agree on, I have said that if Lebron comes here winning isn’t the priority. Making that billion, stretching that business empire and I am sure some hope of eventually putting together a group to buy the Lakers.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:
We dont know what we are dealing with in Embiid yet. Hes currently not in shape being out of condition, immobile for most of this year. He hasnt had an offseason to practice or workout since hes been drafted . Shaq was an absolute beast and Im not saying Embiid will be anothe Shaq but what I am saying is that theres a realistic possibility Embiid may be better than Shaq.

So Embiid is Shaq, Simmons is Magic, I guess that would make Fultz Jerry West and I'm sure Saric is Worthy. I love a rabid fan base, but let's just pump the breaks on the comparisons for those guys until they can play half a season and not require a walking cast.

Their fan base hasn't been relevant for multiple decades. Their best team since 1983 was a one man overachieving Allen Iverson crew that got wrecked in the Finals by Shaq and Kobe. They're excited. Embiid and Simmons are both elite talents and both can be superstars. No doubt. But embiid has played 43 games, this is his 4th season. Before Philly fans call him Olajuwon, better than Shaq or Kareem, those guys did it year in, year out, and won titles. They played every night (until Shaq decided to take it easy). Premature? Yes. He's elite, but he hasn't proven he can play a full season let alone a full season and postseason. Pump the brakes.

then again people here thought Ball was Jason Kidd with a jumper, so it's just the immediate gratification and social media world we live in.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:

The ironing is rich.

Dumbest thing I've seen from laker fans in recent years is the euphoria (or frustration) over the friggin summer league. It's like getting excited watching Lonzo Ball dominate a rec game at Venice Beach. Friggin Devin Ebanks and Derick Caracter looked good in the summer league.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
MJST wrote:

And space jam 2

Right, because he can’t produce a prime time tv show from Cleveland. Oh wait, he has.

Youre thinking way to small. Lebrons goal is to become a billion dollar athlete. He cant attend lots of meetings or has to skype lots because hes in the middle of BFN. If he comes to LA and wins a ship there will be so much money coming his way he might literally drown in it. We have been bad a free years but now is finally the time where it makes sense for him to actually come. Lebron to LA is him setting himself up for the future while still being NBA relevant.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Below is who the Lakers have drafted in the first round. I'm going to say the Lakers did pretty damn good

2014 1 7 Julius Randle Good
2015 1 2 D'Angelo Russell Good
2015 1 27 Larry Nance, Jr. Good
2016 1 2 Brandon Ingram Good
2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

Sorry, but here are the facts:

2014 At 7 Julius was the best choice
2015 DLo was a giant bust (Prozingis, Cauley-Stein, Booker, and probably others were much better choices)
2016 I'll give you Ingram
2017 The jury is still out on Lonzo. Kuzma was a great get as was Hart for their draft position.

I think that the Lakers are going to regret Jim and Mitch's selection of DLo for year to come. I hope that Lonzo doesn't turn out to be a bigger mistake.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

A giant bust?

https://i.imgflip.com/52a2c.jpg?a420048
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Below is who the Lakers have drafted in the first round. I'm going to say the Lakers did pretty damn good

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

2015 DLo was a giant bust (Prozingis, Cauley-Stein, Booker, and probably others were much better choices)
2017 The jury is still out on Lonzo. Kuzma was a great get as was Hart for their draft position.

I think that the Lakers are going to regret Jim and Mitch's selection of DLo for year to come. I hope that Lonzo doesn't turn out to be a bigger mistake.

Too early to make a judgment about Russell -- before he got hurt he was putting up 21-5-6. For all we know, the regret in the future may not be that we drafted Russell, but that we traded him to create cap space.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

foshowtime wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Inverse wrote:
Hard for me to imagine we lose this game if D'Angelo Russell is on our squad still

Lonzo
DLO
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

would've beaten the sixers today, even if they were having career nights. Yeah I know, DLO isn't on the team, move on blah blah blah. W/e point is, we've drafted good players too

The loss today is on Luke. He embarrassed Randle by letting him get destroyed out there

Well Kuzma would not be in that line-up since Kuz was acquired via trade

Why dont people get that we very HIGHLY PROBABLY could have got him with the 28th or used less assets to get him?

Ok can we all agree that we at least got Hart because of the DLO trade;)

That kid is a keeper too!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

My dude, you can't hit on every lotto pick, it is impossible. Look at how many lotto picks the Sixer's whiffed on, its way worse than us. They can't get crap for Oakafor and got very little for Noel, at least we got huge salary cap relief for DLO and Josh Hart/Kuzma.

I agree Porzingis would been awesome, but there was hardly anyone at the time who would have risked taking the skinny euro kid with a #2 pick. At least we did not take Oakafor. You think that WCS is better than DLO? I don't agree with that at all. Sure Booker has a sweet stroke, but you are conveniently forgetting that a lot of FO's missed on him, Mudiay went way earlier than Booker.

As you said the 2014 draft was weak. JR was the BPA at #7. Would have been nice to be number one in 2016 and get BS, but BI is coming around nicely now that he is getting closer to the legal drinking age. So really we sort of missed on DLO but got a lot in return for him so I can't complain.

Zo is going to be amazing, great pick IMO.

The draft is not a science and you can't hit on every pick.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

My dude, you can't hit on every lotto pick, it is impossible. Look at how many lotto picks the Sixer's whiffed on, its way worse than us. They can't get crap for Oakafor and got very little for Noel, at least we got huge salary cap relief for DLO and Josh Hart/Kuzma.

I agree Porzingis would been awesome, but there was hardly anyone at the time who would have risked taking the skinny euro kid with a #2 pick. At least we did not take Oakafor. You think that WCS is better than DLO? I don't agree with that at all. Sure Booker has a sweet stroke, but you are conveniently forgetting that a lot of FO's missed on him, Mudiay went way earlier than Booker.

As you said the 2014 draft was weak. JR was the BPA at #7. Would have been nice to be number one in 2016 and get BS, but BI is coming around nicely now that he is getting closer to the legal drinking age. So really we sort of missed on DLO but got a lot in return for him so I can't complain.

Thats why you load up on draft picks like the Celtics/Ainge and 76ers have done. Its too hard just relying on one draft pick unless its pretty much set that the team will be the worst in the league
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

Thats why you load up on draft picks like the Celtics/Ainge and 76ers have done. Its too hard just relying on one draft pick unless its pretty much set that the team will be the worst in the league

Agree with this! Would have been nice if we had gotten a few picks when Howard and Gasol left us.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Quote:

Their fan base hasn't been relevant for multiple decades. Their best team since 1983 was a one man overachieving Allen Iverson crew that got wrecked in the Finals by Shaq and Kobe. They're excited. Embiid and Simmons are both elite talents and both can be superstars. No doubt. But embiid has played 43 games, this is his 4th season. Before Philly fans call him Olajuwon, better than Shaq or Kareem, those guys did it year in, year out, and won titles. They played every night (until Shaq decided to take it easy). Premature? Yes. He's elite, but he hasn't proven he can play a full season let alone a full season and postseason. Pump the brakes.

then again people here thought Ball was Jason Kidd with a jumper, so it's just the immediate gratification and social media world we live in.

but the latter is true per what you've seen. ball from college/ hs was jason kidd with a jumpshot. that wasnt hype it was people watching the games and looking at the numbers. that was a factually based comparison. jason kidd was not a good shooter. and he would pass up on wide open jumpers a lot in his younger days. to me I never understood why his jumper was so suspect in his earlier days because he had solid form. it looked as if he was rushing his shot every time he bricked one. he slowed it down in his later years. and he made a lot more. With zo, he came in making those jumpers and now cant buy a shot. but if you're being honest with yourself and go look at kids first year or couple of year numbers. you will find it funny how close ball is to kidd's numbers. even with the horrific shooting out of the blue.

But i also agree that embid is the 2017 hakeem....when healthy. i also said ben simmons is the closest we've gotten to magic from a nba fan standpoint since magic. and there have been others that were stated to be the next magic and it didnt pan out even close to that. but can simmons stay healthy? hopefully so.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

Agree with this! Would have been nice if we had gotten a few picks when Howard and Gasol left us.

everyone knew we wanted to trade gasol because of the nixed cp3 deal. we showed our hand by the nba nixing that deal. that killed any legit trades for gasol.

dwight was leaving us one way or the other and he wasnt signing with certain teams. so that meant we couldnt demand a darn thing from any team out there.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

being as bad as we've been as of late and having to draft where we did. not a single pick we made was a "BAD pick". not one. and our later picks have all been GEMS or at least one of them every year. from clarkson to now kuzma.

BI is going to be a solid baller in the nba..thats his floor. his ceiling is on him. we dont know.

DLO was always going to be at worse a solid nba scorer/shooter. we had to let him go to get rid of that mozzy contract.

randle was a solid pick as well. and so was lonzo.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
bandiger wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
youcantguardme wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

2017 1 2 Lonzo Ball Good

everyone knew we wanted to trade gasol because of the nixed cp3 deal. we showed our hand by the nba nixing that deal. that killed any legit trades for gasol.

dwight was leaving us one way or the other and he wasnt signing with certain teams. so that meant we couldnt demand a darn thing from any team out there.

Nah, I would have tried to trade him to the Nets so he could fail with his buddy Williams. Mitch was too greedy with Pau. He could have traded him to the Rockets for either Dragic or Lowry and a pick. I get it they "thought" they had a championship contender with Howard and Pau and were very loyal to Kobe
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Yup, we should have kicked Kobe to the curb for picks like the Celts did with Pierce and Garnet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Youre thinking way to small. Lebrons goal is to become a billion dollar athlete. He cant attend lots of meetings or has to skype lots because hes in the middle of BFN. If he comes to LA and wins a ship there will be so much money coming his way he might literally drown in it. We have been bad a free years but now is finally the time where it makes sense for him to actually come. Lebron to LA is him setting himself up for the future while still being NBA relevant.

Yet as my example shows, the bolded is not correct. He has been able to attend those meetings and calls.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: