The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1227, 1228, 1229 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Is it reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to Walton here and assume that management has asked Walton to drive Randle’s minutes down in an effort to drive down his summer asking price?

Nope because he will be paid by someone. It may not be the max, but it'll be more than what the Lakers would want to pay him.

Is Randle's caphold 12m just for one season, or through the life of his new contract if we do resign him? Because then what do we care how much someone offers him if 12m counted against the cap every season.

His cap hold is a temporary financial number while he is in between his expiring contract and his new contract.

Once he is signed to a new contract, his salary for each season would be the number applied to team salary. Once his next contract expires (without an extension), he would be shifted back into cap hold status again.

Thank you! You are awesome!

Damn, we are screwed with Randle's contract. lol.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Here is list of starting center's for most of the team. He will be at disadvantage with all the 6'11/7' dudes

Western Conference
Rockets : Capela
Warriors: Zaza
Spurs: Gasol
Nuggets: Jokic
TWolves: Towns
Blazers: Nurkic
Jazz: Gobert
Pelicans: Cousins
Thunder: Adams
Clippers: DJ
Suns: Tyson Chandler
Grizz’s: Mark Gasol
Kings: ZBO
Mavs: Dirk
----
East:
Celtics: Horford
Cavs: TT
Raptors: Ibaka
Pistons: Drummond
76ers: Embiid
Bucks: Henson
Wizards: Gortat
Pacers: Turner
Knicks: ???
Heat: Whiteside
Magic: Vuecvic
hornets: Howard
Nets:Mozgov
Hawks:Plumlee?
Bulls: R Lopez

Not a good idea for him to start at Center

When a match up is unfavorable you simply send help. He also has a speed advantage on the majority of those centers. It's up to the coaching staff to exploit it.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Kuzzkontrol wrote:
Here is list of starting center's for most of the team. He will be at disadvantage with all the 6'11/7' dudes

Western Conference
Rockets : Capela
Warriors: Zaza
Spurs: Gasol
Nuggets: Jokic
TWolves: Towns
Blazers: Nurkic
Jazz: Gobert
Pelicans: Cousins
Thunder: Adams
Clippers: DJ
Suns: Tyson Chandler
Grizz’s: Mark Gasol
Kings: ZBO
Mavs: Dirk
----
East:
Celtics: Horford
Cavs: TT
Raptors: Ibaka
Pistons: Drummond
76ers: Embiid
Bucks: Henson
Wizards: Gortat
Pacers: Turner
Knicks: ???
Heat: Whiteside
Magic: Vuecvic
hornets: Howard
Nets:Mozgov
Hawks:Plumlee?
Bulls: R Lopez

Not a good idea for him to start at Center

Not all. Only the tall ones with offense.

And whatever Randle gives up in height, he makes up for it killing the opposing team’s pick and roll.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Is there the expectation that they will eventually try him as the starting center later in the season?

Have him play enough games against the starters of a variety of teams so they have a large enough data set for evaluation purposes.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

All those dudes you posted would have nightmares keeping up with randle in a high paced offense
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Do you guys really think Julius can start at C?

I mean, he's clearly too much to handle for backup bigs but Im not sure he can guard starting C's and still be a major factor on O for the duration of starter type mins.

I actually like him as a backup 4/5. I remember I used to cringe at all the bonehead mistakes and all the over dribbling / clock killing he did as a starter.

Off the bench, hes been a beast and not too many 2nd unit 4/5s can compete with him. I said that when he was moved to the bench.

Starter wise, he commits too many fouls since most starter 4/5s are seasoned vets who take advantage of his over aggressive defense, plus his arms are short, so he has to be more aggressive to compensate before they go up for their shot.

He’s definitely a bonus to have off the bench, and if we can keep JR and JC on the bench next season, and add a couple of solid starters, our team would have amazing depth.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Move Nance and KCP to the bench, start Kuzma at the 3, move Ingram to the 2, start Randle at the 4, keep Lopez at the 5.

Problem solved.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Is it reasonable to give the benefit of the doubt to Walton here and assume that management has asked Walton to drive Randle’s minutes down in an effort to drive down his summer asking price?

Nope because he will be paid by someone. It may not be the max, but it'll be more than what the Lakers would want to pay him.

Is Randle's caphold 12m just for one season, or through the life of his new contract if we do resign him? Because then what do we care how much someone offers him if 12m counted against the cap every season.

His cap hold is a temporary financial number while he is in between his expiring contract and his new contract.

Once he is signed to a new contract, his salary for each season would be the number applied to team salary. Once his next contract expires (without an extension), he would be shifted back into cap hold status again.

Thank you! You are awesome!

Damn, we are screwed with Randle's contract. lol.

We aren’t, it is a reasonable cap hit.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Move Nance and KCP to the bench, start Kuzma at the 3, move Ingram to the 2, start Randle at the 4, keep Lopez at the 5.

Problem solved.

I like this idea but I like this a little better:

Clarkson
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

We keep falling behind double digits because of our lack of scoring in the starting lineup manly due to Nance and Zo. Start Lopez only when we play teams with legit centers like Philly and Pelicans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
MJST wrote:

Problem solved.

Clarkson
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

We keep falling behind double digits because of our lack of scoring in the starting lineup manly due to Nance and Zo. Start Lopez only when we play teams with legit centers like Philly and Pelicans.

Would have to run the offense through Kuz and Ingram with this line up.. Otherwise they wouldn't get many opportunities.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
MJST wrote:

Problem solved.

Clarkson
KCP
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle

Would have to run the offense through Kuz and Ingram with this line up.. Otherwise they wouldn't get many opportunities.

Which would be great because they are our 2 best scorers along with JC.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Jules is best at C and we got an Allstar C in the offseason so Jules lost his starting job.

Honestly what ever Luke has been doing he needs to keep it up. I never thought I would see Jules play D like he does now. Something must be working.

Brook was an all star in 2013. Right now he shouldn't be starting on any half decent team. Not good enough on either end. Hibbert and Deng are "all-stars" too. Randle is in shape this season and showing natural progression in his 3rd legit season. But yeah, even that's used to justify Luke's dumb decisions. No wonder we suck so badly.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Jules is best at C and we got an Allstar C in the offseason so Jules lost his starting job.

Honestly what ever Luke has been doing he needs to keep it up. I never thought I would see Jules play D like he does now. Something must be working.

Brook was an all star in 2013. Right now he shouldn't be starting on any half decent team. Not good enough on either end. Hibbert and Deng are "all-stars" too. Randle is in shape this season and showing natural progression in his 3rd legit season. But yeah, even that's used to justify Luke's dumb decisions. No wonder we suck so badly.

We need to eliminate this so called veteran presence from the team. Its better to suck and learn with young but talented players vs live in a delusional world that veteran players other teams have no intention of resigning or are willing to trade adds any real value to the team.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

We need to eliminate this so called veteran presence from the team. Its better to suck and learn with young but talented players vs live in a delusional world that veteran players other teams have no intention of resigning or are willing to trade adds any real value to the team.

Who we talkin’ about? Lopez?
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Has anyone heard anymore info about the bad vibes between JR and Luke?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

That would show management coming off as pretty damn stupid

Right. Especially if their plan is to get two maxes and keep Randle. They'd need him to be willing to stay with his $12M cap hold instead of signing the soonest available cap sheet.

But if I'm Julius at this point, there's 0% I trust the Lakers to act in my best interest. I sign the best offer I can get, and if I'm not on the Lakers, so be it. Which is really too bad. I'm infatuated with the idea of a defensive lineup of
Ball/ George/ Ingram/ James/ Randle, even if offensively they'll have some problems unless Ingram and especially Ball shoot better.

I think if the team is willing to and carves out enough space for his cap hold, Randle isn't going to have much control over where he goes this summer, no? It's historically pretty rare for another team to tie up their cap space early on in free agency with an RFA because of the waiting period to see if the current team matches or not - I wouldn't think it'd be any different this year with Julius. Plus, can't teams negotiate with UFA before the moratorium is lifted ("unofficially"), but can't sign RFA to an offer sheet until after? Realistically, we could finish our business with any free agents we're pursuing before it even comes time to match offers on Julius.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I looked these up in response to someone saying Nance should be the starting center next season in the Nance thread but since the numbers are relevant and interesting to this thread given the current conversation... here is how the Lakers centers have fared. This is only during their time at center.

Randle: 60% win percentage, +4.6 PER
Bogut: 53% win percentage, -10.3 PER
Nance: 12% win percentage, -5 PER
Lopez: 45% win percentage, -1.7 PER

Randle has been surprisingly good as a small ball center this season.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject:

I’d play Nance at Center ... but only if he’s flanked by James, George, Kuzma, and Ingram — long dude’s who can play defense.

Also, I’d start him, but really only in name only. Randle would be the Lakers’ main center by every other estimation, so Nance would really only get four or five minutes per quarter.

Can he play it? By your numbers, nope. We’ll have to see how it plays out.

Last edited by Joe Pesci on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

Julius Randle Tomahawk Slam on Capela

https://streamable.com/txsl7

Starting unit could use this.. while Lopez is on the perimeter to exploit the interior.

Anyway, that's the kind of one legged bounced Julius showed in high school. Was good to see it in the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:14 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I looked these up in response to someone saying Nance should be the starting center next season in the Nance thread but since the numbers are relevant and interesting to this thread given the current conversation... here is how the Lakers centers have fared. This is only during their time at center.

Randle: 60% win percentage, +4.6 PER
Bogut: 53% win percentage, -10.3 PER
Nance: 12% win percentage, -5 PER
Lopez: 45% win percentage, -1.7 PER

Randle has been surprisingly good as a small ball center this season.

Wow. Great stats.

Lakers, IMO are infatuated with big sized traditional centers. It's just in their pedigree and will require a monumental philosophical shift.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
tox wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

That would show management coming off as pretty damn stupid

Right. Especially if their plan is to get two maxes and keep Randle. They'd need him to be willing to stay with his $12M cap hold instead of signing the soonest available cap sheet.

But if I'm Julius at this point, there's 0% I trust the Lakers to act in my best interest. I sign the best offer I can get, and if I'm not on the Lakers, so be it. Which is really too bad. I'm infatuated with the idea of a defensive lineup of
Ball/ George/ Ingram/ James/ Randle, even if offensively they'll have some problems unless Ingram and especially Ball shoot better.

I think if the team is willing to and carves out enough space for his cap hold, Randle isn't going to have much control over where he goes this summer, no? It's historically pretty rare for another team to tie up their cap space early on in free agency with an RFA because of the waiting period to see if the current team matches or not - I wouldn't think it'd be any different this year with Julius. Plus, can't teams negotiate with UFA before the moratorium is lifted ("unofficially"), but can't sign RFA to an offer sheet until after? Realistically, we could finish our business with any free agents we're pursuing before it even comes time to match offers on Julius.

Teams can negotiate with RFAs now during the moratorium but not UFAs. If Randle truly doesn’t want to be here he signs a 2 year contract and walks when he is 25.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Here's the Net Rating for Randle's 2-Man lineups

Randle + Lopez........+32.3 (23 minutes)
Randle + Ennis........+24.9 (39 minutes)
Randle + Blue...........+9.9 (25 minutes)
Randle + KCP............+6.2 (239 minutes)
Randle + Hart...........+4.7 (207 minutes)
Randle + Ball............+3.8 (227 minutes)
Randle + Brewer........+0.4 (196 minutes)
Randle + Bogut.........+0.3 (58 minutes)
Randle + Kuzma.........-1.1 (334 minutes)
Randle + Clarkson......-2.5 (396 minutes)
Randle + Ingram........-4.3 (232 minutes)
Randle + Nance........-30.7 (17 minutes)
Randle + Caruso.......-46.0 (16 minutes)
Randle + Zubac........-50.0 (4 minutes)
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakers would be foolish to get rid of this guy. He is the future at center.

Don’t make that mistake FO.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Pay this man his money!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Hm. Is he ok today in the first half?
Doesn't seem to be switching.
I wonder if that's the game plan though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1227, 1228, 1229 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 1228 of 1536
Jump to: