OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even thought they are our 2 best players.

Could be a lot going on behind the curtain. From all accounts Lonzo and BI are model players and do what ever the coaches ask them to in practice so maybe they have a longer rope. Mabye Kuz and Randle don't listen as much in practice.

Then maybe BI and Zo should stop listening too cuz Kuzma and Randle have been great this year.

All this politics off the court is really immature if true. The coach should be about playing the best guys and winning games. Shouldn't be about playing favorites. The better you play the more minutes you should get.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even thought they are our 2 best players.

Could be a lot going on behind the curtain. From all accounts Lonzo and BI are model players and do what ever the coaches ask them to in practice so maybe they have a longer rope. Mabye Kuz and Randle don't listen as much in practice.

Then maybe BI and Zo should stop listening too cuz Kuzma and Randle have been great this year.

All this politics off the court is really immature if true. The coach should be about playing the best guys and winning games. Shouldn't be about playing favorites. The better you play the more minutes you should get.

For a guy who chose his drinking buddies for a coaching staff, it’s not really that much of a stretch to think that he likes playing favorites.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:
I've seen Luke visibly angry at this kid when he makes a mistake on the floor...which I have no problem with, but I never see Luke visibly angry at Lonzo when he makes a mistake. This kid rarely shows fire and comes across to damn California cool. Is it too early to say that we made a poor pick?

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

oh well that's a different story

it's too early to say that Lonzo was a poor pick, that's how I read that

Oh yeah, the Lonzo stuff us nonsense. But Luke is pointlessly using a double standard with Kuzma.

Lopez and KCP jack up what they want. Randle is less of an ideally willing passer. But Kuz is the only one who gets punished for shot selection (or errant passes , Luke gave him the death stare 2 games ago)
..... I don't like it

Exactly. Does Kuz really need tough love? Even though he needs to continue to improve, as all rookies do, does he not play basketball the right way?

This isn't "An Officer and a Gentleman" where Richard Gere needs Louis Gossett, Jr. on his ass 24/7 to reach his full potential - Kuz is one of the best young scorers in the league with a good feel for the game already, and all he needs are minutes, while this bad Lakers team desperately needs his scoring against starting units.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:
I've seen Luke visibly angry at this kid when he makes a mistake on the floor...which I have no problem with, but I never see Luke visibly angry at Lonzo when he makes a mistake. This kid rarely shows fire and comes across to damn California cool. Is it too early to say that we made a poor pick?

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

Oh yeah, the Lonzo stuff us nonsense. But Luke is pointlessly using a double standard with Kuzma.

Lopez and KCP jack up what they want. Randle is less of an ideally willing passer. But Kuz is the only one who gets punished for shot selection (or errant passes , Luke gave him the death stare 2 games ago)
..... I don't like it

Exactly. Does Kuz really need tough love? Even though he needs to continue to improve, as all rookies do, does he not play basketball the right way?

This isn't "An Officer and a Gentleman" where Richard Gere needs Louis Gossett, Jr. on his ass 24/7 to reach his full potential - Kuz is one of the best young scorers in the league with a good feel for the game already, and all he needs are minutes, while this bad Lakers team desperately needs his scoring against starting units.

Sounds awfully familiar. Could've sworn we heard this before.
"Rein it in, Kuzma..."
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty silly though. Donovan Mitchell is only a year younger and Kuzma is scoring at about the same level if not being better overall as a scorer this season. Mitchell's the future of the Jazz, Kuzma's relegated to the bench.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Snyder was a laker assisant once
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-dinner-kyle-kuzma-having-best-trait/2017/12/05/

Quote:
In a preview of an interview that will air in its entirety on Thursday, Bryant touched on what characteristics set Kuzma apart, via Spectrum SportsNet:

“A lot of GMs are kicking themselves over that one. He’s extremely articulate and very inquisitive. I think that’s always the best trait to have, is curiosity. Because you want to know why things work. You want to know why things happen and how things happen. When you have that kind of curiosity, you’re constantly seeking for ways to improve mentally, physically. That’s the thing that jumped out at me the most.”
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Snyder was a laker assisant once

At one point we had Snyder, Messina, Clifford as assistants. Whoa.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I fear Luke will hinder Kuzma's development. He seems to treat Kuz and Randle differently from everyone else even though they are our 2 best players.

Rather than "even though", I think he treats them differently because they're our best players. He not only expects more, but has to use different tactics to bring out their best.

Neither BI, nor Ball, strikes me as having fiery dispositions, Randle & Kuz, otoh, are fire breathers.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-dinner-kyle-kuzma-having-best-trait/2017/12/05/

Quote:
In a preview of an interview that will air in its entirety on Thursday, Bryant touched on what characteristics set Kuzma apart, via Spectrum SportsNet:

“A lot of GMs are kicking themselves over that one. He’s extremely articulate and very inquisitive. I think that’s always the best trait to have, is curiosity. Because you want to know why things work. You want to know why things happen and how things happen. When you have that kind of curiosity, you’re constantly seeking for ways to improve mentally, physically. That’s the thing that jumped out at me the most.”

Kobe gets it. He sees a lot of himself in Kuzma. No wonder. We all noticed similarities both in their game and their mentality. Stands to reason that Kuzma probably idolized Kobe and tried to emulate him.

Luke is either an idiot or....you gotta wonder if he's projecting something onto this Lakers team. He was an unahletic untalented player himself and maybe it isnt a coincidence that 3 of our 4 best players including our rookie standout are benched?
Maybe Luke prefers those he sees himself in...

The thing is, we need to play and start those that Kobe sees himself in...and thats Kuzma!!!! How often does someone get an endorsment from Kobe??? Come on almost never!!!!! Other than Westbrook I cant think of a single player that Kobe said...alright I like this kid...I see something special there, I relate... Well he just basically said all that about Kuzma!!!!

Come on Luke stop pissing me off... And everyone else Im sure!!! Dont make the fanbase turn on you!!! You aint gonna win if it becomes you vs Kuzma...
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

lotta dreamin going on in here...
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
lotta dreamin going on in here...

Dude Kuzma is already averaging 17 ppg. What dreaming?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:
In a preview of an interview that will air in its entirety on Thursday, Kobe Bryant touched on what characteristics set Kuzma apart, via Spectrum SportsNet:

#KUZMAMBA

Kuz also loves wearing Kobe's.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/lakers-rookie-kobe-shoes-custom-joker-rings-kyle-kuzma-nba-photos-halloween

Give this man a shoe deal Nike!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:

The thing is, we need to play and start those that Kobe sees himself in...and thats Kuzma!!!! How often does someone get an endorsment from Kobe??? Come on almost never!!!!! Other than Westbrook I cant think of a single player that Kobe said...alright I like this kid...I see something special there, I relate... Well he just basically said all that about Kuzma!!!!

No doubt, Kobe is very selective so I’m sure kuz is pinching himself (or saying I already knew that, kobe ).

I’m starting to think the lakers lucked on Kuzma because his personality reminded them of kobe. They did say how he was amazing in his interviews and sit down sessions. While others were strictly looking on court performance and college tape, Magic and Pelinka were mesmerized by his articulate and inquisitive personality
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject:

I think what I wrote there is signature worthy...
Moment of inspiration lol.

Quote:
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject:

Luke would've probably hated coaching Kobe Bryant too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

We were lucky to get this kid with the #2 pick....because
Lonzo would have been a mistake...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Luke would've probably hated coaching Kobe Bryant too.

An assumption and hate tied together...
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
We were lucky to get this kid with the #2 pick....because
Lonzo would have been a mistake...

Thats exactly the way I am looking at it!!!! Drafting Kuzma with the #2 pick was the best decision Lakers made in a long long time!! What a player, a future star. Can you imagine if drafted Lonzo Ball 2nd?? Good thing we dodged that.. Especially cuz we still managed to get Lonzo with #27.

So awesome how the whole thing worked out #27...its a bit of a crapshot anyway. You dont always expect your #27 pick to pan out so even if Lonzo doesnt pan out its fine.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Kuz + Kobe

Pau Gasol is nice
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

..... I don't like it

Sometimes he plays the right way and sometimes he doesn’t. When he doesn’t there is nothing thing wrong with pulling him from the game, same as any other player. Luke has pulled him for being a black hole and for not playing defense, and he reacted favorably.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Ya it's too early

Not at head coach.

..... I don't like it

Sometimes he plays the right way and sometimes he doesn’t. When he doesn’t there is nothing thing wrong with pulling him from the game, same as any other player. Luke has pulled him for being a black hole and for not playing defense, and he reacted favorably.

I'm sorry but I'm sick and tired of watching the Lakers coaches "rein in" players. Players they feel haven't proved themselves in the league and are not playing the right way. Sometimes you just have to let people go and guide them along the way. It seems to happen to the younger players while vets and short term players get more "free rein". Lin & Russell all the way to Randle & Kuzma. How come Lin & Russell look great away from the stupid restrictions placed upon them by our coaches? There are plenty of players in the league who don't play the right way and sometimes they become a Harden, a Kyrie, a Curry, or the starting back court of the Portland Trailblazers.

Mark Jackson taught defense but he also enabled Curry & Klay to take the most ridiculous looking shots in NBA history. Guess what? It changed the game forever. Randle & Kuzma both have deserved more playing time and probably should be starting. What is the point of holding them both back? Because they don't play the Laker way? One of the worst teams the last 5 years.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Kuz + Kobe

The Beige Mamba!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see some 2 man action with Kuzma and Ingram. I feel like these 2 could be very good in PnR with BI as the primary ball handler.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Not worried about the way Luke is treating Kuz, in fact Kuz is the type of guy who responds well to "tough love" and challenges. It wouldn't be effective on a guy like Lopez who would probably be insulted by that type of motivation. Our guys know Luke has their back, I'm more worried about the erratic sub patterns and finding that consistency as the season progresses.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 187 of 880
Jump to: