LiAngelo Ball arrested in China for Shoplifting (could face 3-10 years prison)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
just sad....now he has two sons @ home, and he claims to be home schooling one, which he is not qualified to do.....training both for the NBA , which he is not qualified to do....from the outside looking in, it appears the hype is diminishing, the substance is thin....and Lavar's world is imploding. This family better hope Lonzo can continue to get that paycheck for a long time.

interesting parts from the ESPN article...

Quote:
"He's not on any of our scouting lists - even the extended lists," one GM told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Quote:
LaVar Ball said earlier Monday that he hadn't informed the UCLA coaching staff that he is pulling LiAngelo.

"I haven't told any of those guys,"Lavar told ESPN. "They didn't tell me anything, so why am I gonna tell them."

Quote:
LaVar Ball said that that the plan is still for LaMelo Ball - ESPN's seventh-ranked player in the class of 2019 -- to go to UCLA. LaMelo verbally committed to attend UCLA in two years. However, a source at UCLA told ESPN's Arash Markazi that this is probably the end for the Ball family at the school.

I'm getting that sense too. He feels he can do no wrong after his Lonzo-Lakers prediction came true but now he is screwing up his other sons. Gelo was never making it to the NBA but he could have atleast go a solid education and perhaps a overseas pro but that flying out of the window. And now I think its likely lamelo does NOT make it to the NBA with his dad possibly keeping him out of NCAA and overseas play
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:

BTW, has there been even one report of a customer receiving purchased shoes from BBB ?

A few people on youtube have posted unboxing videos, and not just ESPN staff, some random dudes too. Also, people who ordered the wet edition have been complaining that they didn't get the display case, but apparently it is supposed to be coming later.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:

BTW, has there been even one report of a customer receiving purchased shoes from BBB ?

A few people on youtube have posted unboxing videos, and not just ESPN staff, some random dudes too. Also, people who ordered the wet edition have been complaining that they didn't get the display case, but apparently it is supposed to be coming later.

If you think fans were turned off by the anthem protests, how do you think LaVar's personality is going to affect BBB brand. I think it's going to be a huge detriment. His personality is abrasive. I can only speak for myself, it turns me off. I think the George Jefferson walk he does is appalling, he looks stupid.

I'm beginning to ask myself, is it about his sons or is it about him?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm beginning to ask myself, is it about his sons or is it about him?

I would say there is little doubt that it is at least in part about him....but I also have little doubt that he desires the best for his sons.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm probably one of the few who was indifferent towards Lavar, but he's finally jumped the shark. His act is growing old and he's damaging his son's futures. If it's really about them and not him, he should lay low for a long while. I doubt he will, he's pathetic.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

so lonzo and lamelo are good but liangelo is trash, right?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject:

>not being able to distinguish Lavar as an exceptional mope until very recently
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/12/05/lavar-ball-blames-ucla-coaches-shoplifting-liangelo-ball-china/922691001/

Lavar blames UCLA coaches for his son's thievery
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2017/12/05/lavar-ball-blames-ucla-coaches-shoplifting-liangelo-ball-china/922691001/

Using the blueprint of LiAngelo and LaMelo's tenures at their respective schools and their unfortunate endings, if Lonzo doesn't work out for the Lakers, it will probably be just as messy.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject:

This is becoming a common theme with Lavar. It's always someone else's fault, never the fault of him or his sons.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject:

LaVar made a mistake of gargantuan proportion. His son not only may not make the NBA he's taken the chance for a free education at a top university from his ward. Gelo supposedly had a 4.0 GPA.

This man is looking more and more foolish to me on a daily bases. I wish his last two sons the best of luck. They have a formidable obstacle to overcome.

If his backup is BBB brand it's a weak cushion. Lonzo's not a household name. LaVar is only known for his bravado. Lonzo's not living up to the hype. He won't boost BBB popularity. I hope he doesn't become a traveling journeyman.

NBA scouts laugh off LiAngelo Ball's draft prospects: 'no chance'

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I remember when Snoop's kid went to UCLA on a football scholarship and decided he didn't to play football and ended up becoming a film major. Unfortunately for LiAngelo if that NBA gamble doesn't work out he has nothing to fall back on. Guess Lonzo will have to set aside some of his money in case dad screws up his 2 younger brothers futures....
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

This is becoming a common theme with Lavar. It's always someone else's fault, never the fault of him or his sons.

I dislike Steve Alford but this is hardly his fault. He's not a full time nanny. The right thing that Lavar should've done is publicly discipline his son for ruining everyone's reputations. But of course, he's now so full of it that he won't.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/neither-nba-teams-top-european-clubs-likely-want-liangelo-ball-011649949.html
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Lavar and LiAngelo "Peking Pilferer" Ball can stand at hollywood and highland handing out blank CD-Rs like every other self-promoting hoodlum in this town.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Maybe LiAngelo can go play in China.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Among the overseas clubs that a representative for the Ball family approached about signing 19-year-old LiAngelo and his 16-year-old younger brother LaMelo is Lietkabelis of the Lithuanian Basketball League, general manager Mantas Ignatavičius confirmed Tuesday to Yahoo Sports. Lietkabelis coach Arturs Stalbergs subsequently scoffed at the idea in a since-deleted tweet that poked fun at LiAngelo’s shoplifting arrest in China last month.

“We have an opening at the security staff since they have an experience in this field,” Stalbergs wrote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/neither-nba-teams-top-european-clubs-likely-want-liangelo-ball-011649949.html
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lietkabelis coach Arturs Stalbergs after hearing that LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball were offered to his team:

"We have security staff openings”

https://mobile.twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/status/938211067494326273?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforumserver.twoplustwo.com%2F46%2Fsporting-events%2Fchino-hills-hs-basketball-team-amp-ball-bros-ft-less-chino-hills-less-ucla-1646719%2Findex16.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/neither-nba-teams-top-european-clubs-likely-want-liangelo-ball-011649949.html

If there's a chance LiAngelo can get back into UCLA I hope he'll do it. It looks like LaVar has dampened a educational opportunity. I also believe LaVar's personality is partially the reason Gelo isn't looked at more favorably.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Poor Liangelo, has to move back home with dad instead of out on his own experiencing college. That must be depressing. Also, dude you're 19, grow some balls.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Poor Liangelo, has to move back home with dad instead of out on his own experiencing college. That must be depressing. Also, dude you're 19, grow some balls.

At least he will be close to his girlfriend again. On the Marcellus show they also said the suspension isn't just for games, but for all athletic related benefits. No practice facility, no meals at the dinning hall, no nothing.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

Don't buy these kids being black balled by NBA or foreign league. If they have talent, a team will take a chance on them
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Don't buy these kids being black balled by NBA or foreign league. If they have talent, a team will take a chance on them

that is the point...they are claiming he does not have the talent.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

They haven’t done anything yet. And people think LiAngelo doesn’t have talent. Lavar acts like they are all the next Lebron James because they dominated high school basketball. Lol at that.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I didn't read the story close enough, but the reasoning as to why LiAngelo wouldn't be able to make it in Europe was because some team owner/executive made a joke about him being a shoplifter on twitter? Doesn't seem like a convincing reason.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: