THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 721, 722, 723 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Country over Party

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/938160754490052609

Did Jeff Flake Vote for the Tax Bill Only to Help Illegal Immigrants?

LINK

In my opinion Jeff Flake's check is grand standing. To me it means absolutely nothing. In fact I think it's LINK He voted for the tax bill.

Side Note;
Politician are emailing and tweeting information so damaging I wonder why they continue to do it. e.g. Macfarland email on Russians LINK
Quote:
“If there is a t.it-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,” McFarland wrote, according to the Times.
What do they think? Do they think emails go into cyberspace never to be seen or heard of again?

This administration is laughing behind the scenes. They say we're lying, they know we're lying, so what? Nothing's going to change.

Is Flake's check grandstanding?
Why would Flake not vote for the tax bill? He's still a Republican after all. He probably legitimately believes that that bill is best for the country. I don't think the check is grandstanding, but no I'm not praising him overall as a politician.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject:

Wow, a whole $100 from Flake! Really taking a stand.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

Time Person of the Year - "The Silence Breakers"

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
An Army veteran says Sen. Al Franken groped her in December 2003, telling CNN that while she was deployed in Kuwait, the Minnesota Democrat cupped her breast during a photo op.

Stephanie Kemplin, 41, of Maineville, Ohio, is the fifth woman in two weeks to accuse Franken of inappropriate touching, and the second person to allege that such behavior took place while Franken was on a USO tour. Three of the five women have been identified by name.

Quote:
A former elected official in New England who has requested anonymity tells Jezebel that Al Franken attempted to give her a “wet, open-mouthed kiss” onstage at an event in 2006, shortly before he ran for Senate. The woman says the encounter left her “stunned and incredulous.”

Quote:
A former Democratic congressional aide said Al Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after a taping of his radio show in 2006, three years before he became a U.S. senator.

The aide, whose name POLITICO is withholding to protect her identity, said Franken (D-Minn.) pursued her after her boss had left the studio. She said she was gathering her belongings to follow her boss out of the room. When she turned around, Franken was in her face.

The former staffer ducked to avoid Franken’s lips. As she hastily left the room, she said, Franken told her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.”

“He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like ‘Wait, what is happening?’ But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked,” the aide said in an interview. “I was really startled by it and I just sort of booked it towards the door and he said, ‘It’s my right as an entertainer.’”

The former staffer, who was in her mid-20s at the time of the incident, said she did not respond to Franken.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

Trump made the Time issue after all -- as an abuser:

Quote:
The language used by the man who would become America's 45th President, captured on a 2005 recording, was, by any standard, vulgar. He didn't just say that he'd made a pass; he "moved on her like a (bleep)." He didn't just talk about fondling women; he bragged that he could "grab 'em by the (bleep)."

That Donald Trump could express himself that way and still be elected President is part of what stoked the rage that fueled the Women's March the day after his Inauguration. It's why women seized on that crude word as the emblem of the protest that dwarfed Trump's Inauguration crowd size. "All social movements have highly visible precipitating factors," says Aldon Morris, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University. "In this case, you had Harvey Weinstein, and before that you had Trump."
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And in other news, Trump is trying to form his own private Hitler-style SS:

TRUMP WHITE HOUSE WEIGHING PLANS FOR PRIVATE SPIES TO COUNTER “DEEP STATE” ENEMIES

Quote:
THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Trump’s presidency.

The creation of such a program raises the possibility that the effort would be used to create an intelligence apparatus to justify the Trump administration’s political agenda.

Serious alarm bells should be going off over this. Too bad the GOP has totally sold it's soul and has abdicated it's checks and balances duty. It's obvious they will let Trump do whatever he wants so long as he signs tax-cuts for the rich legislation and appoints extreme right wing judges.

If there isn't a Blue Wave backlash to all this in 2018, I'm not sure I want to live in this country anymore.

The details in this article are insane. It's long but revelatory. And amazing that it's already seems lost in the avalanche of other stunners.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

Time line of regulations of tipping:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/12/05/2017-25802/tip-regulations-under-the-fair-labor-standards-act-flsa
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

How did the machine get this (bleep) broken

A million women can march and they don't give a (bleep)
The Honeybadger

Can we get this guy to do a video of the Republicans

Republicans making sure people knew who they are

How many thousands of politicians are there

There 100's of millions of us

These people are the worst crime syndicate The People of America have ever faced.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

GOP lost their supermajority in the Georgia state senate last night.

Oh, and that hastily written tax bill? There were only a few hundred billion worth of mistakes in it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Country over Party

https://twitter.com/JeffFlake/status/938160754490052609

Did Jeff Flake Vote for the Tax Bill Only to Help Illegal Immigrants?

LINK

In my opinion Jeff Flake's check is grand standing. To me it means absolutely nothing. In fact I think it's LINK He voted for the tax bill.

Side Note;
Politician are emailing and tweeting information so damaging I wonder why they continue to do it. e.g. Macfarland email on Russians LINK
Quote:
“If there is a t.it-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him,” McFarland wrote, according to the Times.
What do they think? Do they think emails go into cyberspace never to be seen or heard of again?

This administration is laughing behind the scenes. They say we're lying, they know we're lying, so what? Nothing's going to change.

Is Flake's check grandstanding?

Why would Flake not vote for the tax bill? He's still a Republican after all. He probably legitimately believes that that bill is best for the country.

I don't think the check is grandstanding, but no I'm not praising him overall as a politician.

Yes $100 dollars is symbolic. It's a look at me donation.

Do you really believe that? He voted for a bill that many Republicans and most Democrats say is beneficial to the rich and you think he probably legitimately believes it's best for the country. I may be wrong but I think you're being intellectually dishonest.

If he had put country before party I wouldn't say he was grandstanding.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
GOP lost their supermajority in the Georgia state senate last night.

Oh, and that hastily written tax bill? There were only a few hundred billion worth of mistakes in it.

I mean this in the LEAST Partisan way possible

ethics/decency/morals/integrity/honor/truth/spirituality-religious principles/Professionalism

ETC ET AL.

ALL thrown out the window by Republicans to pass this Tax Theft

When I was watching the votes and then heard they dropped off stacks of hand written notes and unsearchable pdfs with handwriting too.. hours before they reach into my pocket and yours to take money from it...

I was never more angry at my political system

The MAFIA wouldn't even allow such serious disdain for Honesty..

Here is why I am so pissed.. I put myself in that room as though I was representing the people of America.. fine.. include Corporations in that .. but ALL people..

I thought I must have some good qualities to be put in such a position of ultimate control.. well

The moment anything came in that we cannot all pragmatically review and discuss then it doesn't get looked at /EOS

MY MIND said .. wait a minute.. R/D w/e SOME LEVEL of Professionalism.. just a tiny bit?

These people acted like looters in a riot and are ok with that

I am still thinking about doing something about this

No review = "Taxation without representation!" TRUE?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:
An Army veteran says Sen. Al Franken groped her in December 2003, telling CNN that while she was deployed in Kuwait, the Minnesota Democrat cupped her breast during a photo op.

Stephanie Kemplin, 41, of Maineville, Ohio, is the fifth woman in two weeks to accuse Franken of inappropriate touching, and the second person to allege that such behavior took place while Franken was on a USO tour. Three of the five women have been identified by name.

Quote:
A former elected official in New England who has requested anonymity tells Jezebel that Al Franken attempted to give her a “wet, open-mouthed kiss” onstage at an event in 2006, shortly before he ran for Senate. The woman says the encounter left her “stunned and incredulous.”

Quote:
A former Democratic congressional aide said Al Franken tried to forcibly kiss her after a taping of his radio show in 2006, three years before he became a U.S. senator.

The aide, whose name POLITICO is withholding to protect her identity, said Franken (D-Minn.) pursued her after her boss had left the studio. She said she was gathering her belongings to follow her boss out of the room. When she turned around, Franken was in her face.

The former staffer ducked to avoid Franken’s lips. As she hastily left the room, she said, Franken told her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.”

“He was between me and the door and he was coming at me to kiss me. It was very quick and I think my brain had to work really hard to be like ‘Wait, what is happening?’ But I knew whatever was happening was not right and I ducked,” the aide said in an interview. “I was really startled by it and I just sort of booked it towards the door and he said, ‘It’s my right as an entertainer.’”

The former staffer, who was in her mid-20s at the time of the incident, said she did not respond to Franken.

After dozens of his Democratic colleagues and others call for his resignation, there is word that he will resign tomorrow.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

And having done that, the next logical step is for every Democrat to demand that Donald Trump step down (whether they think he will do it, or not).
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Also today, Trump tried to trigger an Israeli-Arab war in the Middle East because he is an ignorant ass idiot.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
And having done that, the next logical step is for every Democrat to demand that Donald Trump step down (whether they think he will do it, or not).

That would be an amazing outcome. He should do it live, on TV, and demand Trump be investigated for his sexual assaults.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

So let me get this straight... Mike Flynn was head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, yet he doesn't understand the simple concept that you never put anything incriminating in writing-- especially not text or email?

And he did this just months after getting on stage at the RNC in front of millions of television viewers and chanting "Lock her up!" about Hillary for doing something similar?

This would have been unbelievable even as a parody.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/whistleblower-flynn-told-ex-partner-russia-sanctions-would-be-ripped-n827031

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Al Franken will resign tomorrow.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Al Franken will resign tomorrow.

Was that announced... or is that your prediction?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Minnesota Public Radio reported that it will happen tomorrow, citing a Democratic official who has spoken to Franken.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
So let me get this straight... Mike Flynn was head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, yet he doesn't understand the simple concept that you never put anything incriminating in writing-- especially not text or email?

And he did this just months after getting on stage at the RNC in front of millions of television viewers and chanting "Lock her up!" about Hillary for doing something similar?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/whistleblower-flynn-told-ex-partner-russia-sanctions-would-be-ripped-n827031

He did it because he thought he's be protected by Trump.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Minnesota Public Radio reported that it will happen tomorrow, citing a Democratic official who has spoken to Franken.

His staff is claiming the report is false, though I don't know how much weight that holds.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/national/sen-al-franken-claims-report-that-he-will-resign-is-false

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

He did it because he thought he's be protected by Trump.

Why would he think Trump would protect him specifically despite Trump's record of throwing everyone under the (Access Hollywood) bus?

Before Flynn was DIA head, he was also the intelligence chief of all military forces in Afghanistan, at Central Command, and at Joint Special Operations Command, where was was pioneered with revolutionizing intelligence gathering tactics.

And yet he gets busted admitting to wrongdoing via text?! This is insane.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Wilt wrote:

His staff is claiming the report is false, though I don't know how much weight that holds.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/national/sen-al-franken-claims-report-that-he-will-resign-is-false

Hope he's stepping down. It's what's best for everyone. And next time around. Dems need to enforce their 0 tolerance policy from the start. No exceptions.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

See this is why Democrats stay losing. They're forcing out Franken and Conyers. Meanwhile, we have a (bleep) grabber in the White House, and Alabama is getting ready to send a pedophile to the United States Senate. In the minds of good Christians, a Pedophile is better than a Democrat. I don't know what planet y'all are on, but it ain't Earth. The gloves are off, and the only people who don't seem to understand that are Democrats. Stay losing, my friends.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

See this is why Democrats stay losing. They're forcing out Franken and Conyers. Meanwhile, we have a (bleep) grabber in the White House, and Alabama is getting ready to send a pedophile to the United States Senate. In the minds of good Christians, a Pedophile is better than a Democrat. I don't know what planet y'all are on, but it ain't Earth. The gloves are off, and the only people who don't seem to understand that are Democrats. Stay losing, my friends.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 721, 722, 723 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 722 of 3663
Jump to: