OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Like KCP and Noel, but they are not players for championship teams IMO, at least not at the salary they will ask for, probably around 20M$...

Noel doesn't fit Lakers Fans. He would be destroyed here within a few days. He misses frequently shots from 2 feet auround the rim.

Offensively he's so bleeping bad, that would make LNJ look like Porzingis.

And his reputation as a "not hard working" player, would concern me.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Cleveland is “fading” because of age. Theyre old — one of the reasons he left Miami.

Every time there’s been a question of JAmes leaving a team, he has.

So I think the question should really be where he’ll go, not if he’ll go.

yeah but what if Cleveland never loses their pick and it becomes the Number 1 pick? That would pretty much be leverage and then they don't have to worry about paying Isaiah Thomas.

Stuff like that matters.

Imagine if Cleveland got Ayton or Bagley or had them or Doncic as a trade chip....

Excellent point. The question becomes is James and Love with Ayton/Bagley better than James and George with Kuzma ... Ingram ... Randle ... and Ball.

The Lakers are still a better option than Cleveland even with the pick.

No they aren't. Not in terms of LeBron wanting to go to the Finals every year.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
lakerlynx wrote:
greek laker wrote:
after 4 painful years of watching this forum, it was about time to register.
i think our main focus should be to sign cousins and keep all the young guns.
We should take a look at PG and LBJ without tearing apart our young core. of
course if you can sign two max, its ok, we are immediately back to the road of winning but we shouldnt wait somatrhing like that to happen. We already took a step back with the despicable signings of Deng and Moz, which cost us D Angelo. If that was the price ok even though i m not sure if Maginka really had to pull the trigger. Right now from that point, give time to coach and team. Eventually it will come down to 2 possible scenarios.
1) An all star player decides to sign. It will happen, the only question is when. 2018?2019?2020?It will happen, until then keep and develop your young players and stop giving rental players big playing time.
2) Via draft we will eventually find that cornerstone player, even if we take as granted that BI and Lonzo are not that cornerstone.
Until then , please MAGINKA dont do anything crazy, we already have a bull
in a chinese shop (JR), we dont need a F.O. like that too!
Hi , LG , i hope that there will be a time, when Lonzo and Brandon will getting ready for the traditional champions parade and i ll be thinking these dark days of December 2017, when i first wrote my thoughts here

Welcome!
Come on man!!! That guy ain't new. He is one of the LG regulars acting like they made a second account. It was a great try...now..who is it?

I remember being accused of maybe being Dave 2.0 when I was new.. Maybe he really is a new member.
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
Like KCP and Noel, but they are not players for championship teams IMO, at least not at the salary they will ask for, probably around 20M$...

Noel doesn't fit Lakers Fans. He would be destroyed here within a few days. He misses frequently shots from 2 feet auround the rim.

Offensively he's so bleeping bad, that would make LNJ look like Porzingis.

And his reputation as a "not hard working" player, would concern me.

The only thing that concerns me about Noel is his injury history. Noel would quite possibly be the best defensive player on our team. His offensive issues this season could be attributed to the somewhat toxic situation and lack of talent around him he's suffering in Dallas because he was not having these issues last year in Philadelphia whatsoever.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Cleveland is “fading” because of age. Theyre old — one of the reasons he left Miami.

yeah but what if Cleveland never loses their pick and it becomes the Number 1 pick? That would pretty much be leverage and then they don't have to worry about paying Isaiah Thomas.

Stuff like that matters.

Imagine if Cleveland got Ayton or Bagley or had them or Doncic as a trade chip....

Excellent point. The question becomes is James and Love with Ayton/Bagley better than James and George with Kuzma ... Ingram ... Randle ... and Ball.

James signs in L.A. The league eliminates conference playoff seeding. Mark my words.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

Stuff like that matters.

James signs in L.A. The league eliminates conference playoff seeding. Mark my words.

Not happening
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Scratch Boston and Philadelphia off that list of possible landing spots for James. Bad fit in Philadelphia. Boston’s pretty obvious.

Why is Philadelphia a bad fit for LeBron considering all the talent on that team and the fact the majority of it is on rookie contracts?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

If we could sign only PG and Avery while keeping Randle and Clarkson, I would be ecstatic. We get a bonafide #1, get lonzo the help he desperately deserves (clarkson could eat up the backup PG minutes while Avery backs up PG), and can finally start Kuz and Randle!! Do the numbers make this possible?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Scratch Boston and Philadelphia off that list of possible landing spots for James. Bad fit in Philadelphia. Boston’s pretty obvious.

Why is Philadelphia a bad fit for LeBron considering all the talent on that team and the fact the majority of it is on rookie contracts?

It’s not the talent on Philadelphia. It’s the fit for James.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
If we could sign only PG and Avery while keeping Randle and Clarkson, I would be ecstatic. We get a bonafide #1, get lonzo the help he desperately deserves (clarkson could eat up the backup PG minutes while Avery backs up PG), and can finally start Kuz and Randle!! Do the numbers make this possible?

Yes, if Avery Bradley doesn’t make more than 23 mill the first year, it is possible.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
MJST wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

It’s not the talent on Philadelphia. It’s the fit for James.

How is it not a fit?
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject:

Simmons and James’ games are not complimentary.

With both of their high usage, ball dominant, primary ball-handler ways, neither one would add to the other. James would slow down Simmons’ progress as a “real PG”, and Simmons is incapable of knocking down kickout jumpers from James — bad fit.

Paul George is a super fit for them, but not James.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Simmons and James’ games are not complimentary.

With both of their high usage, ball dominant, primary ball-handler ways, neither one would add to the other. James would slow down Simmons’ progress as a “real PG”, and Simmons is incapable of knocking down kickout jumpers from James — bad fit.

Paul George is a super fit for them, but not James.

Tbh Paul George and LeBron James would be a great fit in Philly if they were going for a two max plan themselves.

That said, LeBron could and would find a way to fit on Philly, especially given the talent that team already has and the kind of talent that's growing on it.

Paul George to Philly is an interesting idea though, you'd replace Redick with George essentially

So...
Markelle Fultz
Paul George
Robert Covington
Ben Simmons
Joel Embiid

I think that would be the lineup. With Saric coming off the bench. Would be solid in the East that's for sure.

Then again

Markelle Fultz
Robert Covington
Ben Simmons
LeBron James
Joel Embiid

Also fits. You see.. the harsh reality is that though you keep hearing "But LeBron needs to drive to the basket to be effective." the cold harsh reality is.. he's shooting 43% from three this year on 5 attempts per game

So yes..... he'll fit wherever he chose to be, if it is Philly, he'd fit there too.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject:

^
Paul George is an absolutely perfect fit for the 76ers. I do think LeBron would be good for any team, but I agree with Joe Pesci that the fit is a little bit questionable given that they want Ben Simmons to quarterback that team, and he would be a little bit marginalized if they got LeBron. And LeBron is not going to turn into a spot-up 3-point shooter with Simmons having the ball in his hands the most. That's just not going to happen. They might be OK with Simmons taking on a lesser role...after all, most Laker fans, I think, would be OK with Lonzo getting marginalized next season. (Of course, Lonzo has not played remotely close to as good as Simmons has.)

But yeah, PG would fit in seamlessly with what the Sixers want to do.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject:

1. Trade Clarkson, Randle and 2018 2nd round pick (Nuggets) to Brooklyn for Booker, Acy and 2018 1st round pick (Raptors).

2. Trade KCP, Nance, 2018 1st round pick (Raptors) and 2019 2nd round pick (Bulls) to OKC for George.

New Roster:

PF- Kuzma, Booker, Acy
SF-Ingram, Brewer, Deng
C-Lopez, Zubac, Bryant
PG-Ball, Innis, Caruso
SG-George, Hart, Blue
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Paul George is an absolutely perfect fit for the 76ers. I do think LeBron would be good for any team, but I agree with Joe Pesci that the fit is a little bit questionable given that they want Ben Simmons to quarterback that team, and he would be a little bit marginalized if they got LeBron. And LeBron is not going to turn into a spot-up 3-point shooter with Simmons having the ball in his hands the most. That's just not going to happen. They might be OK with Simmons taking on a lesser role...after all, most Laker fans, I think, would be OK with Lonzo getting marginalized next season. (Of course, Lonzo has not played remotely close to as good as Simmons has.)

Considering how close Simmons and LeBron are and how LeBron has taken him under his wing, I doubt there'd be an issue between him and Simmons. If anything it would make life much easier for LeBron, especially having Simmons to mentor.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject:

Tough when one of your primary guys (Simmons) can’t make a catch and shoot jumpshot.

You have some things to learn about fit MJ if you think you can just throw any parts together, even talented ones, and they will work.

Simmons is essentially A 6’10 Rondo right now. He orchestrates that offense with the ball in hands often. Unfortunately, James is essentially a PG as well and does the same job.

James can shoot, so that’s cool, but Simmons shoots as well as Rondo. He’ll have a very difficult time playing off of James effectively. If Simmons could shoot, it would have a chance, but since he can’t, really never has, and is probably years away developing a jumpshot, it’s a bad fit.

Simmons and James would have to change the fabric of the way they’ve played their whole lives for it to work, and, yeah, they could do that, but you’d be asking too much of them to dramatically change their games.

Sometimes it’s just a bad fit.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
paul george via his agent has made it clear he wants to go to LA, MJST

And then once he got to OKC he started talking about how young and away the Lakers are.

George got what he wanted. He used the Lakers name, lowered his value enough so that the team that traded for him didn't get rid of the barn because of that, and wound up in OKC with last years MVP and Carmelo.

So yeah, George isn't the first to use the Lakers name and get that, and won't be the last.

Don't be the one when George decides on the best winning situation for himself his off-season that's left going "But ... but he promised!!" Because we've seen it happen so many times it's easy to understand and see what max level free agents prioritize over all else.

Oh God, he said he wanted to come to LA on national TV, when he was interviewed by Woj. This using the Lakers for leverage is silly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

So Dr. No, aka MJST, what is your master plan for the next 2 years for the Lakers since you seemingly don't want LBJ or PG13 on this team? Could you give us a concise vision of how you take this team to the playoffs next season, then a top 3-4 seed by 2019?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject:

I agree with MJST in that LeBron to Philly is not a bad fit. All they would really need to do is stagger LeBron and Simmons' minutes and as was said, lessen Simmons role a bit - problem solved.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
MJST wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
paul george via his agent has made it clear he wants to go to LA, MJST

And then once he got to OKC he started talking about how young and away the Lakers are.

George got what he wanted. He used the Lakers name, lowered his value enough so that the team that traded for him didn't get rid of the barn because of that, and wound up in OKC with last years MVP and Carmelo.

So yeah, George isn't the first to use the Lakers name and get that, and won't be the last.

Don't be the one when George decides on the best winning situation for himself his off-season that's left going "But ... but he promised!!" Because we've seen it happen so many times it's easy to understand and see what max level free agents prioritize over all else.

Oh God, he said he wanted to come to LA on national TV, when he was interviewed by Woj. This using the Lakers for leverage is silly.

Agreed it was more than just leverage.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Considering how close Simmons and LeBron are and how LeBron has taken him under his wing, I doubt there'd be an issue between him and Simmons. If anything it would make life much easier for LeBron, especially having Simmons to mentor.

It has nothing to do with their closeness, but Simmons has thrive with nothing, but shooters around him. Redick is shooting 39% from three, Covington is shooting 41%, hell Saric is 34%, and that would be second highest percentage in our starting lineup.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I agree with MJST in that LeBron to Philly is not a bad fit. All they would really need to do is stagger LeBron and Simmons' minutes and as was said, lessen Simmons role a bit - problem solved.

It's a bad fit because Simmons thrive when surrounded by shooting. LeBron isn't a spot up shooter. Only like 31% of the threes he's making o are assisted on. Then you have the fit on defense. Who guard point guards? Who guards wings?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Ideal player for Sixers is Klay Thompson IMO.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
1. Trade Clarkson, Randle and 2018 2nd round pick (Nuggets) to Brooklyn for Booker, Acy and 2018 1st round pick (Raptors).

2. Trade KCP, Nance, 2018 1st round pick (Raptors) and 2019 2nd round pick (Bulls) to OKC for George.

New Roster:

PF- Kuzma, Booker, Acy
SF-Ingram, Brewer, Deng
C-Lopez, Zubac, Bryant
PG-Ball, Innis, Caruso
SG-George, Hart, Blue

What about worrying about getting Deng off the roster before getting George.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 190, 191, 192 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 191 of 2680
Jump to: