THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject:

Franken resigns.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject:

Whether this was a result of a Roger Stone multi-week recruitment effort of Leeann Tweeden or actual instances of sexual harassment, the guy was toxic politically. Even in the blue state of Minnesota, only about 20 percent wanted him to stay in office.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Why didn't you guys say from the beginning that you had Tom Arnold as a source? I never would have questioned Tom Arnold. Does Tom have dirt on the other 6 too?

I don't see this as an either or situation. Multiple things can be true simultaneously. Franken acted inappropriately AND it was weaponized by the Right. It's entirely possible that the first one was a set-up and the rest are legit. I don't know. I only know the Right is digging up dirt on Democrats and have no compunction about manufacturing fake stuff. It's asymmetric warfare.

And I'm one of the people who replied to you after the 6th person that I thought Franken should resign.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Whether this was a result of a Roger Stone multi-week recruitment effort of Leeann Tweeden or actual instances of sexual harassment, the guy was toxic politically. Even in the blue state of Minnesota, only about 20 percent wanted him to stay in office.

And that ought to scare you.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject:

Democrats have no sense of proportion.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

Honestly, this reminds me of the successful Russian psy-ops campaign on social media to take down Clinton. And their demographic targets were not Republican voters -- they targeted the left and swing voters.

Again, I'm not arguing his "guilt/innocence" I'm talking about right-wing tactics. They know how to play on the liberal psyche.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ocho wrote:
Why didn't you guys say from the beginning that you had Tom Arnold as a source? I never would have questioned Tom Arnold. Does Tom have dirt on the other 6 too?

I don't see this as an either or situation. Multiple things can be true simultaneously. Franken acted inappropriately AND it was weaponized by the Right. It's entirely possible that the first one was a set-up and the rest are legit. I don't know. I only know the Right is digging up dirt on Democrats and have no compunction about manufacturing fake stuff. It's asymmetric warfare.

And I'm one of the people who replied to you after the 6th person that I thought Franken should resign.

I think both things are true. I think he's a sleaze who acted inappropriately and the Right was happy to capitalize. They should. We should be making this an issue as well, and it might have done some good to make it an issue last year if we didn't have a candidate who couldn't press the issue because of her own family's history. There's no doubt the Right is digging up dirt. The party is supporting a child molester. They have to make it seem like a wash which is why it's important how we respond when one of our own gets exposed. Instead of drawing that contrast, too many in our party are eager to employ the same tactics.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject:

Option 1: He doesn't resign and is possibly censured or expelled by the Senate. If expelled, Republicans would probably wait as long as possible in order to affect the 2018 election to replace Franken.

Option 2: The "investigation" drags on and doesn't determine anything, he doesn't resign, and possibly loses in 2020.

Option 3: He resigns now and gives Democrats enough time to recruit a good candidate to keep that seat and distance themselves from him.

The third option was the only possible option, even if you think the allegations are bogus.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but the problem is not progressive who aren't willing to play dirty thus giving republican short term advantage but the problem is that we have a 2 party monopoly system (boxing all 'progressive' under the only viable choice, DNC).

Either you differentiate yourself from Republican or act like a Republican-lite. Dems will take short term damages because Republican is and will play dirty but in the long term, it should benefit them because Americans aren't blind.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ocho wrote:

And it is dishonest to say that Tom Arnold is the source when I put most of that out there well before he said anything.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I'm gonna sound like a broken record but the problem is not progressive who aren't willing to play dirty thus giving republican short term advantage but the problem is that we have a 2 party monopoly system (boxing all 'progressive' under the only viable choice, DNC).

Either you differentiate yourself from Republican or act like a Republican-lite. Dems will take short term damages because Republican is and will play dirty but in the long term, it should benefit them because Americans aren't blind.

Another problem is that some progressives don't know what the DNC is or what it does. There is no "DNC" party, there's the Democratic Party, effectively divided into 50 state parties.

Now you and others can form a party tomorrow if you want and lose every single election. But you won't because it's much easier complaining about the two party system on a message board.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

On the plus side, we can, from now on, say that Alabama elected a pedophile and they can't say a word about it not being factual.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
ocho wrote:

And it is dishonest to say that Tom Arnold is the source when I put most of that out there well before he said anything.

You were the one to cite Tom Arnold and should have known that was silly.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
but bias cuts a lot of ways, and can also tend to lead to poor ad hominem insults to people with reasonable motives and conclusions, right or wrong...

I will assume you are referring to your assertion that I have been "played."

No, it is quite possible to be smart, decent, and we'll intentioned and be played (which would, btw, be the definitional goal of an operation to go after someone like Franken). I know I have been. I don't think you believe what you believe because youre dishonest. And I haven't implied such.

Right. I'm just a fool? My comments weren't "insults" nor were they "ad hominem". They were merely pointing out the total lack of consistency when it comes to this issue politically. It really is something how the multiple accusations of a liberal senator inspire so much hand wringing about the fear of false accusations by an entirely liberal community. Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Again, one doesn't need to be a fool to be fooled, it happens all the time, which is why there are so many people in marketing, public relations, and political strategy. I'm a smart guy, and I've been fooled many times

Well as the number of accusers continues to mount and Franken resigns today I will happily take my place among the rubes who fail to buy the conspiracy of all these lying women.

And I'll join you.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
but bias cuts a lot of ways, and can also tend to lead to poor ad hominem insults to people with reasonable motives and conclusions, right or wrong...

I will assume you are referring to your assertion that I have been "played."

No, it is quite possible to be smart, decent, and we'll intentioned and be played (which would, btw, be the definitional goal of an operation to go after someone like Franken). I know I have been. I don't think you believe what you believe because youre dishonest. And I haven't implied such.

Right. I'm just a fool? My comments weren't "insults" nor were they "ad hominem". They were merely pointing out the total lack of consistency when it comes to this issue politically. It really is something how the multiple accusations of a liberal senator inspire so much hand wringing about the fear of false accusations by an entirely liberal community. Total coincidence, I'm sure.

Again, one doesn't need to be a fool to be fooled, it happens all the time, which is why there are so many people in marketing, public relations, and political strategy. I'm a smart guy, and I've been fooled many times

Well as the number of accusers continues to mount and Franken resigns today I will happily take my place among the rubes who fail to buy the conspiracy of all these lying women.

And I'll join you.

Stooge.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

And I'll join you.

Stooge.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/938600824866881536

The pictures posted on his Twitter feed are pretty damning evidence that Tweeden was herself a sexual aggressor to men during that tour. I think she should immediately resign from being a fitness model and Playboy playmate.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Franken resigns.

Y'all LOST

I say Democrats failed by demonizing Al Franken

His whole life has been devoted to being an overly intelligent buffoon

This is a disaster imhumble opinion
Ask his COWORKERS who he is
We saw the kind of human being he is when Hannity and Friends came together with a good one... what did he do?
Asked his current employer to start an investigation into his background... As much partying as he did maybe he did something he didn't remember.. and I bet he hoped anyone whom he may have truthfully upset came forward so he could apologize

People are too vindictive and shortsighted nowadays

Context/Intent/Truthfulness

Democrats lost a good politician
A mans whole career is ruined
His actions over a lifetime, again in my humble opinion, do not call for him to be removed from his current job

Has anyone made a claim against him where he used power of influence at his workplace to harass someone

I just think this whole witch hunt is madness compared to what the (bleep) is actually happening to our country

Republican don't care about the future.. Wow.. you guys might get some seats by acting all prim and proper.. Republicans just raped every citizen and nobody stopped them

What are you all gonna do about Trumps accusers?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:

Another problem is that some progressives don't know what the DNC is or what it does. There is no "DNC" party, there's the Democratic Party, effectively divided into 50 state parties.

Now you and others can form a party tomorrow if you want and lose every single election. But you won't because it's much easier complaining about the two party system on a message board.

exactly like you said, there is only 2 viable party is US, monopoly. You're ok with it, that's great. You don't like other people complaining about the monopoly, cool too, it's your right
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

Hopefully Gov. Dayton appoints a replacement willing to run as an incumbent in 2018 and 2020. The last time Dems had "caretaker" appointees in MA and IL in 2010, Scott Brown and Mark Kirk ended up in the Senate.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:

exactly like you said, there is only 2 viable party is US, monopoly. You're ok with it, that's great. You don't like other people complaining about the monopoly, cool too, it's your right

I'm not "okay" with it. I wish we had a bunch of viable parties. But before you criticize the system, make sure you know how it works. The "DNC" is not a party and is not some all-powerful, all-knowing evil organization, as BernieBros have come to believe as a way to explain their loss. It's primarily a fund raising operation and doesn't control what state parties do.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ocho wrote:

The pictures posted on his Twitter feed are pretty damning evidence that Tweeden was herself a sexual aggressor to men during that tour. I think she should immediately resign from being a fitness model and Playboy playmate.

To my knowledge zero complaints have been levied against Tweeden for her behavior on the tour. Talk about manipulating context. Nobody in that thread has any context for any of those photos nor do they negate any of the claims she made.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ocho wrote:

To my knowledge zero complaints have been levied against Tweeden for her behavior on the tour. Talk about manipulating context. Nobody in that thread has any context for any of those photos nor do they negate any of the claims she made.

Not negating her claims. But she herself has been caught on camera aggressively touching men and kissing them. I think she should face the same loss of employment and public shaming that Franken is rightfully going through.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
ocho wrote:

Not negating her claims. But she herself has been caught on camera aggressively touching men and kissing them. I think she should face the same loss of employment and public shaming that Franken is rightfully going through.

If any of them complained or took issue with it you might have a point. But there hasn't been one complaint and there definitely haven't been 7.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:
Wilt wrote:
governator wrote:

I'm not "okay" with it. I wish we had a bunch of viable parties. But before you criticize the system, make sure you know how it works. The "DNC" is not a party and is not some all-powerful, all-knowing evil organization, as BernieBros have come to believe as a way to explain their loss. It's primarily a fund raising operation and doesn't control what state parties do.

"BernieBros"?

I agree with you that overall DNC/Democratic Party is not evil. Hell, even with some of my conservative believes I still voted only candidate-(D) all my life (yes, I do believe Republican Party has been and is racist). I've also had this belief that US would be much better if we have more than 2 viable parties even before Bernie ran (voted for Bernie in primary then Hillary for general). I don't agree with your assertion that DNC is not powerful nor that they don't have some control on local levels, even fundraisers are controlled. That's why these types of agreements exists due to everybody boxed into DNC vs RNC.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 725 of 3663
Jump to: