OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ideal player for Sixers is Klay Thompson IMO.

Ideal available player in 2018 FA is Avery Bradley for them IMO. Klay I would take too, but he's under contract and an essential core piece.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I agree with MJST in that LeBron to Philly is not a bad fit. All they would really need to do is stagger LeBron and Simmons' minutes and as was said, lessen Simmons role a bit - problem solved.

It's a bad fit because Simmons thrive when surrounded by shooting. LeBron isn't a spot up shooter. Only like 31% of the threes he's making o are assisted on. Then you have the fit on defense. Who guard point guards? Who guards wings?

Fultz
Covington
Simmons
Lebron
Embiid

That's a damn good lineup if you ask me. The point about shooting is valid but like I said they will heavily stagger Simmons and Lebron's minutes so that they aren't both on the floor at the same time often. And it's not like LeBron is trash at 3s. Fultz guards point guards, Covington and Simmons guard the wings.

Then they also have Saric off the bench and would probably be able to sign more shooting at the vet min (maybe Frye, for example).

Lastly, they could opt to trade Fultz to have more depth - he could be the Wiggins type of guy that they trade.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

If I'm LeBron, I'm choosing between Cleveland and Philly. Really the only downsides to Philly are 1) health of the roster and 2) it doesn't have the business/intangibles side of things. It could also hurt his legacy (or at least not improve it) if he doesn't win anything of substance there. At the same time, if he does win a chip there, he will be thought of as the guy who wins chips wherever he goes. But I think that assuming health, Philly is his best bet from a basketball perspective. Cleveland is the safe choice because it will only help his legacy to continue to win there. He also might want to be the owner someday, apparently, and staying there will not hurt his chances. I consider LA to be a distant third choice for him because really all we can offer him are the intangibles.

Last edited by PHILosophize on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

I think LBJ + Simmons/Embiid is too fantastic of a core to pass up. They'd worry about figuring it out later. The shooting would be suspect, but man, that's a crazy team to beat.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

If Boston does not want to up their salaries through trade, then I also see 76ers as primary competition for James, PG and Boogie.

The thing about James is he probably believes he can make the difference in any of the 3 teams. So the question is which team would give him a better chance to win it all. And if that is not the Lakers, is that compensated by Lakers' entertainment industry possibilities.

In terms of which team helps him win, lets compare:

Lakers core: Ball/(PG)/BI/Kuz/Randle - this assumes we get PG (or Boogie) and keep Randle instead of Clarkson
With James: Ball/PG/BI/James/Randle - with 6th man Kuz

76ers core: Simmons/Embiid/Covington/Saric/Fultz? - this assumes 76ers can only sign 1 max FA
With James: Simmon/Fultz/Covington/James/Embiid with 6th man Saric

With that comparison for the next 2 years:
Ball < Simmons -- how much will either improve this year
PG >> Fultz -- how much will Fultz improve this year
BI ? Covington
James = James
Randle << Embiid
Kuz ? Saric

I would say that is pretty close. The key is the point guard. Does James think Ball can be the guy or is it too risky to him by the end of the year. He is smart enough to know that the assists would go up with PG and James himself, but Ball's shooting % needs to go up. Another question is how will Fultz play when he is healthy.

Last edited by cal1piggy on Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:27 am; edited 2 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mavericks’ Nerlens Noel expects to miss 4-6 weeks with thumb surgery
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

doubt Carlisle realizes he is gone
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think LBJ + Simmons/Embiid is too fantastic of a core to pass up. They'd worry about figuring it out later. The shooting would be suspect, but man, that's a crazy team to beat.

I agree on the surface....my only caution would be you never know how introducing a player like LBJ with his significant impact will effect others development....and they are one of the very few teams (maybe only team) that can be sure if healthy they will develop into a contender with their young core. Not sure I would want Embiid and Simmons to get comfortable relying on James.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
1. Trade Clarkson, Randle and 2018 2nd round pick (Nuggets) to Brooklyn for Booker, Acy and 2018 1st round pick (Raptors).

2. Trade KCP, Nance, 2018 1st round pick (Raptors) and 2019 2nd round pick (Bulls) to OKC for George.

New Roster:

PF- Kuzma, Booker, Acy
SF-Ingram, Brewer, Deng
C-Lopez, Zubac, Bryant
PG-Ball, Innis, Caruso
SG-George, Hart, Blue

Interesting trades and accomplishes a few goals. Still don't think OKC would trade PG, rather just let him walk and gain the cap flexibility but I would obv do that deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject:

Most Lakers stuff on the podcasts and radio have been about ways the team can get Paul George
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Anymore roster building for the Sixers and I'm gonna go puke...
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
If Boston does not want to up their salaries through trade, then I also see 76ers as primary competition for James, PG and Boogie.

The thing about James is he probably believes he can make the difference in any of the 3 teams. So the question is which team would give him a better chance to win it all. And if that is not the Lakers, is that compensated by Lakers' entertainment industry possibilities.

Lakers core: Ball/(PG)/BI/Kuz/Randle - this assumes we get PG (or Boogie) and keep Randle instead of Clarkson

76ers core: Simmons/Embiid/Covington/Saric/Fultz? - this assumes 76ers can only sign 1 max FA

I would say that is pretty close. The key is the point guard. Does James think Ball can be the guy or is it too risky to him by the end of the year. He is smart enough to know that the assists would go up with PG and James himself, but Ball's shooting % needs to go up. Another question is how will Fultz play when he is healthy.

Yeah, but Sixers will have two stars in Embid & Simmons; so it is 2 + 1 = 2 stars + 1 superstar
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
cal1piggy wrote:

Yeah, but Sixers will have two stars in Embid & Simmons; so it is 2 + 1 = 2 stars + 1 superstar

With James: Ball/PG/BI/James/Randle - with 6th man Kuz

With James: Simmon/Fultz/Covington/James/Embiid with 6th man Saric

With that comparison for the next 2 years:
Ball < Simmons -- how much will either improve this year
PG >> Fultz -- how much will Fultz improve this year
BI ? Covington
James = James
Randle << Embiid
Kuz ? Saric

Another question - how would these 2 teams match up against Golden State
Ball < Curry
PG = Thompson
BI < Durant
James > Green
Randle > some center
kuz ? Igudola

alternatively:
Curry > Simmons -- how much will either improve this year
Thompson >> Fultz -- how much will Fultz improve this year
Durant > Covington
Green < James
any center <<< Embiid - biggest mismatch
Igudola ? Saric
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

Finally got a PS4 (yay) and NBA2k18 (yay yay).

Traded out KCP/Nance/JC/Brook and added PG13/Boogie for simulation purposes. FUN team.

It is thus declared.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally got a PS4 (yay) and NBA2k18 (yay yay).

Traded out KCP/Nance/JC/Brook and added PG13/Boogie for simulation purposes. FUN team.

It is thus declared.

Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I agree with MJST in that LeBron to Philly is not a bad fit. All they would really need to do is stagger LeBron and Simmons' minutes and as was said, lessen Simmons role a bit - problem solved.

Problem solved, but they won’t both be exalted in their roles, and that’s what you want from all your players, for them to be, first, comfortable in their role and, second, to be exalted in their role, to know that they absolutely can play their game, as is most comfortable for them, and be exalted in that role, feeling fully utilized of their gifts.

When players fit well, just like in real relationships, the parts mesh well to the point that all parties are comfortable being themselves creating harmony through a group’s recognition of other’s bests while simultaneously actualizing their own — gauging chemistry.

Who can effectively play at their very, very best while others, in unison, play at their absolute best?

This is the chemistry/fit question, and you ask this question because not all energy meshes harmoniously.

As you probably know, in good relationships, there is freedom to be who you truly are, as your partner is allowed the same. Problems occur, however, when the energies no longer mesh, neither or only one person is able to be exalted, both feeling hamstrung by the other, or one, through sheer will, maintaining strength, but the other becoming increasingly lost and concerned about their role in life.

Same thing happens in basketball.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject:

We are estimating the cap, but and Im not sure is it ever exactly what we think it is going to be?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
We are estimating the cap, but and Im not sure is it ever exactly what we think it is going to be?

It'll most likely be in the 101-103m range. Last year's was downgraded b/c of the Warriors near sweep of the Cavs, and less $ from playoffs overall.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Scratch Boston and Philadelphia off that list of possible landing spots for James. Bad fit in Philadelphia. Boston’s pretty obvious.

Both (and Cleveland) offer the best for Lebron, playing in the Eastern Conference
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So Dr. No, aka MJST, what is your master plan for the next 2 years for the Lakers since you seemingly don't want LBJ or PG13 on this team? Could you give us a concise vision of how you take this team to the playoffs next season, then a top 3-4 seed by 2019?

Simple answer, ain’t going to happen
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

doubt Carlisle realizes he is gone

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Simple answer, if LBJ comes here he either has the biggest (self belief) in the business, or it's for something other than "basketball reasons".
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

Bron isnt going to Boston. Kyrie, dawg.

A lot of people dont think Bron is a great fit in Philly - but its not the worst. And more importantly they'd be able to add LeBron and have TONS of assets to go add other guys LeBron likes.

LeBron and Simmons are close.

Also - Simmons cant shoot, but Embiid can shoot 3s. Bron is shooting 3s. Covington can shoot 3s.

I honestly think Bron goes to 76ers and tells them to use Fultz + Saric + any of their multiple first round picks and go get Anthony Davis or some other star to compliment Bron, Embiid and Simmons.

I wasnt buying into this narrative until i remembered how many assets 76ers have.

Philly is a semi major city as well. And is probably, what, the 4th or 5th most important NBA franchise in the league.

Bron to 76ers is fine with me if Lakers get Boogie and Paul George.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Who would win?

Lakers: Ball/PG/BI/Randle/Boogie with Kuz as 6th man
Sixers: Simmons/Fultz/Covington/James/Embiid with Saric as 6th man

I guess Sixers in next 2 years but Lakers after that?
The development of BI, Ball, Simmons and Fultz would obviously be huge...
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I have a hard time seeing James playing with a 20, 22 and 24 y/o. Especially when he will be 34 himself. Again, I think Simmons and Embiid are fantastic, but I question if LeBron doesn't want to play with an older star.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 192 of 2680
Jump to: