OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
didn't the nets also get a 2nd round pick though

Ooh, that's potentially the best piece in this deal depending on which 2nd the Sixers included. Good work by Marks there.

knicks 2019 second rounder
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
didn't the nets also get a 2nd round pick though

Ooh, that's potentially the best piece in this deal depending on which 2nd the Sixers included. Good work by Marks there.

knicks 2019 second rounder

Solid. A little additional ammunition if they want to move up in the 1st.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Nets with DLo and OK4 without having picks for couple years, not bad
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Nets basically now have the Number 2 and 3 Picks of the 2015 Draft.

Both 20 ppg scorers. I say that because I figure that is what Okafor will average when given play time.

He nearly did it his rookie year. Dedicated himself this off-season and lost a lot of weight, improved his mid range, and got more lateral quickness.

Wondering if this is going to be a Nurkic situation, which the Nuggets wound up regretting when it was obvious Nurkic had made strides and improvements in his game they never took advantage of.

I will stand by a statement I heard before that if Okafor's defense could even get to Nurkic's level.. he'll be an all-star and the Sixers will regret trading him and will be hoping on each star they have, that Embiid remains healthy.

Last edited by MJST on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

^Too much truth here my man. Truth to the bone marrow.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
^Too much truth here my man. Truth to the bone marrow.

Joe to your credit I can mostly not tell whether you are being sarcastic

Last edited by PHILosophize on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

And no expectations to win, so plenty of playing time for both of them.

Funny that the two sides of the lakers divide on okafor va DLo now gets a chance to follow the nets as their secondary team with both players on it
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
governator wrote:

And no expectations to win, so plenty of playing time for both of them.

Funny that the two sides of the lakers divide on okafor va DLo now gets a chance to follow the nets as their secondary team with both players on it

It's quite the reunion!
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Tough when one of your primary guys (Simmons) can’t make a catch and shoot jumpshot.

You have some things to learn about fit MJ if you think you can just throw any parts together, even talented ones, and they will work.

Simmons is essentially A 6’10 Rondo right now. He orchestrates that offense with the ball in hands often. Unfortunately, James is essentially a PG as well and does the same job.

James can shoot, so that’s cool, but Simmons shoots as well as Rondo. He’ll have a very difficult time playing off of James effectively. If Simmons could shoot, it would have a chance, but since he can’t, really never has, and is probably years away developing a jumpshot, it’s a bad fit.

Simmons and James would have to change the fabric of the way they’ve played their whole lives for it to work, and, yeah, they could do that, but you’d be asking too much of them to dramatically change their games.

Sometimes it’s just a bad fit.

LeBron isn't going to Philly. Plain and simple. But as far as fit goes, Simmons is one of those guys who can "fit" with just about anyone who can pass and play legit hoops. He knows how to play and move off ball despite not having a jumper. Just like everyone thought LBJ and Wade wouldn't work, they would figure it out.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So Dr. No, aka MJST, what is your master plan for the next 2 years for the Lakers since you seemingly don't want LBJ or PG13 on this team? Could you give us a concise vision of how you take this team to the playoffs next season, then a top 3-4 seed by 2019?

Isn't it obvious? Feed Julius the ball, bench anyone who questions this or disagrees, and then occasionally let one or two other guys get the ball then talk them.up post game so that he thinks his bias isn't completely obvious to everyone else despite how blatant it is?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

When I look back on favorites of the 2015 draft.

If you'd told anyone (such as Mike ( a t ) LG) that a team was going to have a young 3 going forward of D'Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert and Jahlil Okafor...

I say that considering how big a fan Mike was of LeVert as well.

If Caris can put it together then the Nets have a pretty solid team going forward in theory.

D'Angelo Russell
Allen Crabbe
DeMare Carrol
Rndae Hollis-Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor

Bench unit
Jeremy Lin
Caris LeVert

Not a bad start. For a team that had essentially no pick for the past 2 drafts.. they essentially just got the number 2 and 3rd best players of their respective drafts both with a high upside and scoring potential.

LeVert is another kid with solid upside as he puts it together. The question is "if" instead of "when" at this point considering his season thus far. But I think he will.

So we'll see. The Nets have done a good job recovering from their 'doom' which was hanging over them and seemed all but certain till we gift wrapped Russell to them.

Last edited by MJST on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Its a NY thing now. Your got Porzingis in NY, Okafor and DLo in Brooklyn. They are joining forces and they still wont be close to him.
Gosh I remember how badly I wanted Porzingis and everyone here was telling me he sucks, hes going to be a bust etc, everyone wanted Okafor or DLo. Well Porzingis is muuuuuuch muuuuuch muuuch muuuch better than both.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

If you'd told anyone (such as Mike _at_ LG) that a team was going to have a young 3 going forward of D'Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert and Jahlil Okafor...

If Caris can put it together then the Nets have a pretty solid team going forward in theory.

D'Angelo Russell
Allen Crabbe
DeMare Carrol
Rndae Hollis-Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor

Bench unit
Jeremy Lin
Caris LeVert

Not a bad start. For a team that had essentially no pick for the past 2 drafts.. they essentially just got the number 2 and 3rd best players of their respective drafts both with a high upside and scoring potential.

LeVert is another kid with solid upside as he puts it together. The question is "if" instead of "when" at this point considering his season thus far. But I think he will.

So we'll see. The Nets have done a good job recovering from their 'doom' which was hanging over them and seemed all but certain till we gift wrapped Russell to them.

don't forget the undrafted Dinwiddie, been solid
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

If you'd told anyone (such as Mike @ LG) that a team was going to have a young 3 going forward of D'Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert and Jahlil Okafor...

D'Angelo Russell
Allen Crabbe
DeMare Carrol
Rndae Hollis-Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor

Bench unit
Jeremy Lin
Caris LeVert

Precisely.

Also on top of that Russell and Okafor both wanted to be Lakers extremely badly. Russell got sent away just before he was going to break out and Okafor wasn't drafted by them. So you got two of the three in their core now that were snubbed by the Lakers (including now when Okafor was available for essentially nothing) and are going to have vendettas when they play us X_X If you add Lin to that list once he gets back as a 6th man that'd make another one..

That's ... just great

Just for the heck of it I'm going to make up a lineup where the Lakers kept Lin on as their long term 6th man, didn't trade D'Lo and just got Okafor, Stauskas and a 2nd round pick for Larry Nance Jr.(whom imo holds a similar value to Trevor Booker)

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

Bench:
Jeremy Lin
Jordan Clarkson / Nik Stauskas
Kyle Kuzma / Corey Brewer
Luol Deng / Thomas Bryant
Ivica Zubac

Last edited by MJST on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Its a NY thing now. Your got Porzingis in NY, Okafor and DLo in Brooklyn. They are joining forces and they still wont be close to him.
Gosh I remember how badly I wanted Porzingis and everyone here was telling me he sucks, hes going to be a bust etc, everyone wanted Okafor or DLo. Well Porzingis is muuuuuuch muuuuuch muuuch muuuch better than both.

But LaMelo is going to be much better than Ponzi
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Nets ended up getting the 2nd and 3rd pick of the 2015 draft. Not bad Brooklyn.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Nets ended up getting the 2nd and 3rd pick of the 2015 draft. Not bad Brooklyn.

And the 8th Pick in the 2014 draft, taken right after Randle
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

I’m gonna take a big guess and say that the Lakers are gonna be wheeling and dealing come Dec 15 and Feb TD.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
governator wrote:
MJST wrote:

If you'd told anyone (such as Mike @ LG) that a team was going to have a young 3 going forward of D'Angelo Russell, Caris LeVert and Jahlil Okafor...

D'Angelo Russell
Allen Crabbe
DeMare Carrol
Rndae Hollis-Jefferson
Jahlil Okafor

Bench unit
Jeremy Lin
Caris LeVert

Precisely.

Also on top of that Russell and Okafor both wanted to be Lakers extremely badly. Russell got sent away just before he was going to break out and Okafor wasn't drafted by them. So you got two of the three in their core now that were snubbed by the Lakers (including now when Okafor was available for essentially nothing) and are going to have vendettas when they play us X_X If you add Lin to that list once he gets back as a 6th man that'd make another one..

That's ... just great

Just for the heck of it I'm going to make up a lineup where the Lakers kept Lin on as their long term 6th man, didn't trade D'Lo and just got Okafor, Stauskas and a 2nd round pick for Larry Nance Jr.(whom imo holds a similar value to Trevor Booker)

Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
Brandon Ingram
Julius Randle
Jahlil Okafor

Bench:
Jeremy Lin
Jordan Clarkson / Nik Stauskas
Kyle Kuzma / Corey Brewer
Luol Deng / Thomas Bryant
Ivica Zubac

Any roster with Okafor penciled in as the starting C is going to struggle to win games in today's NBA, if this is the same guy we've seen the past few years, unless you're only playing him 20 minutes or less. And even then, that's 20 minutes where you literally have no defensive resistance on the floor from your big man.

Last edited by TheBlackMamba on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I was going to say pretty impressive job by Nets FO cleaning up the disaster they were in...
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

has this become netsground.com ?? who cares about that franchise

Lakers will be back on top with LeBron next year as he relaxes in his brand new $23 mil home he bought today in LA
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
has this become netsground.com ?? who cares about that franchise

Lakers will be back on top with LeBron next year as he relaxes in his brand new $23 mil home he bought today in LA

Hell yeah....

Emplay already has a article on LeBrons choices.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
wow the nets won that trade big time

Bryan Colangelo is terrible.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I got pissed when earlier today when I saw mock line ups for the Sixers (screw them) on LG. I was going to sarcastically say, "Who's next, the Nets?" Sure enough Okafor is about to be traded there and now I'm treated to reading possible Nets line ups too!

Let's make mock line ups for the Wolves tomorrow morning followed by the Bulls. We'll start with just the young teams and go on from there. 😜
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I got pissed when earlier today when I saw mock line ups for the Sixers (screw them) on LG. I was going to sarcastically say, "Who's next, the Nets?" Sure enough Okafor is about to be traded there and now I'm treated to reading possible Nets line ups too!

Let's make mock line ups for the Wolves tomorrow morning followed by the Bulls. We'll start with just the young teams and go on from there. 😜

Actually you might be on to something there. The Wolves could make a sign and trade deal with the Cavs to land LeBron and their lineup could look like:

Teague
Wiggins
Lebron
Gibson
KAT

not bad :O
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 193, 194, 195 ... 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 194 of 2680
Jump to: